Cruising comes to qvc !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
(the sea-going kind !)

I see Q are following IW in flogging cruises, starting on 6th May. Be interesting to see which of the presenters have already been on freebies and 'experienced' them - (can we think who has been absent of late ?)

I wonder how they will factor in the 30 dmbg ! hmmmmmm ..... a fortnight of luxury on the high seas, then come home and say it wasn't quite what was wanted, and didn't "fit" their requirements.

i didnt think it was a acutal cruising show i thought it might be products for going on one

but i got a feeling it wont have a money back garantee on it as it will be runned by someone else & not Q & all Q is doing is giving them air time

(the sea-going kind !)

I see Q are following IW in flogging cruises, starting on 6th May. Be interesting to see which of the presenters have already been on freebies and 'experienced' them - (can we think who has been absent of late ?)

I wonder how they will factor in the 30 dmbg ! hmmmmmm ..... a fortnight of luxury on the high seas, then come home and say it wasn't quite what was wanted, and didn't "fit" their requirements.

Very interesting! I bet they will upsell Ultrasun, flip flops and clothing of the nautical look!

Cruising comes to QVC....featuring special guests Patricia and Clive to talk about their experiences on the sea!

I've never been on a cruise before. I quite like the idea as I like travelling on ferries. I think I might prefer a barge / narrowboat holiday though, but I don't know if I'd be allowed to navigate a boat along the canal on my own.

i didnt think it was a acutal cruising show i thought it might be products for going on one

but i got a feeling it wont have a money back garantee on it as it will be runned by someone else & not Q & all Q is doing is giving them air time

I don't think it is products, because a cruising firm - the one that has the gold picture frame in their newspaper ads, has mentioned QVC in their ads for 6th May !

Sounds excessively boring. Just imagine, all the other shows cruise themed. Quacker and Birkenstock for deck times, Dreamkeeper and Spanx for the Captain's table, Leighton's tanning so you don't look like a cruise novice. I'll stop now. I'll only be positive if it's Anthony Heywood guesting. We can hope.

I don't think it is products, because a cruising firm - the one that has the gold picture frame in their newspaper ads, has mentioned QVC in their ads for 6th May !

Not the company I would use to book a cruise with, usually far too expensive compared to other excellent cruise agents.

Just think at last Charlie's wearing this on that cruise statement might mean to some who go.

I hate the idea of cruising, meeting some people and being stuck with them the Klingons just won't leave you alone.

Oh and the famous vomiting and sh*ts that seems to dog loads of them. I know someone who did go on a cruise and they had it on board. She said everywhere they walked the staff followed them round with hand sanitizers and the people they went with turned out to be a nightmare.

I did my 1st cruise a year ago.

Loved it so much I have now done 3 in a year.

And not a single piece of Quaker Factory clothing has accompanied me :mysmilie_13:

Although I did see an American lady in top to toe purple velour QF in Guernsey........... :mysmilie_15:

The thought of a cruise holiday is my worst nightmare - if I ever won one, I'd give it away. I even felt seasick crossing the harbour on an Amsterdam canal tour!

I get seasick if I stand in a puddle!!

I went on a Royal Navy Family Day from Portsmouth and I was sick before they took the mooring ropes off!!

:mysmilie_15:

But with pills and bands I am fine on cruise ships.

The thought of a cruise holiday is my worst nightmare - if I ever won one, I'd give it away. I even felt seasick crossing the harbour on an Amsterdam canal tour!

:mysmilie_15:

But with pills and bands I am fine on cruise ships.

I've tried all of those and they just don't work for me. I've just got to accept that I don't get along with ships. I spent one of the most miserable 24 hours of my life crossing the Med on a ferry. :sweat: Never again and thank goodness for the Channel Tunnel - terra firma all the way for me!

Sounds excessively boring. Just imagine, all the other shows cruise themed. Quacker and Birkenstock for deck times, Dreamkeeper and Spanx for the Captain's table, Leighton's tanning so you don't look like a cruise novice. I'll stop now. I'll only be positive if it's Anthony Heywood guesting. We can hope.

Wouldn't that be fantastic, if Anthony was back for this! He was so nice. I have just found the picture frame ad in the paper. I keep hearing an ad on the radio for a cruise with that MPW experience so assume it is the same firm (cannot remember the name from the ad!!) so they seem to going all out for exposure on TV and radio at the moment. I cannot see anything cruise related on the Q website yet though.

i believe it was kathy taylor that got the freebie, i saw it in her blog, she went to dubai, and the promo on screen today featured her!

http://www.imaginecruising.co.uk

this is their website, it looks like they will be selling actual cruises, their website has a huge display about how they are coming to QVC...

This is what they have to say...

"We're thrilled to announce that Imagine Cruising will be on QVC in May! This is the first time since QVC first went on air 20 years ago that viewers will be able to book a cruise holiday on QVC. We'll be featuring a range of exciting and bespoke cruise holidays for worldwide destinations at incredible prices, so don't forget to tune in!"

Latest posts

Back