Cringey charlie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
This creepy man is everywhere. It is so embarassing having him present the shows for women - fashion, make up, jewellery. He is clearly uncomfortable, spouts the jargon but has no knowledge of anything. He joins the list of those I cannot watch, headed by La Sutcliffe. She really is the worst at cutting guests off and gabbing about her children, her mother, her nail varnish. Nothing, I am sure anyone cares about. She is under the impression that we all want to know these unfascinating details of her life. Go away.

I watched him on the Diamonique show this evening and really enjoyed it - he's funny in a tongue-in-cheek way, almost poking fun at QVC and at himself. He is a smoothy but I don't find him smarmy and smug as I do Dale and Simon Biagi (can't watch either of them for more than a couple of mins).

I like Charlie too! He is very funny and it's totally tongue in cheek. I like Dale too, can't see what the issues are with him either.

I like Charlie, he doesn't take himself too seriously and his manner is fairly tongue in cheek. Dale is the one i find Smarmy.
On Claire,i agree, she is almost unwatchable ,that baby voice does my head in.

Charlie is the new sleeping pill. If he is on I can nap- thanks Charles lol. The medical world should hear about this. By the time he's done a reveal I can nod off ;-/

I find Charlie really creepy. The slow voice and hand movements grate on me. I watched a little of his show last night and usually I would switch off, but I feel so ill at the moment, I just let him drone on!

Lots of ladies like him though - many fancy him! yikes.

The only male presenter on QVC that I find cringey/creepy/smarmy and unwatchable is ass licking Craig.....:eek:

Its funny isnt it because there is something about Charlie, something I cant quite put my finger on but something I dont like there at all. I find he is doing more and more and more ladies clothing and make up shows. Im not sure if this is at his request or QVCs but I think a female when it comes to bras, would just be common sense. I dont watch the ahh bras, why would I, I have no interest in bras, so why is Charlie so enthusiastic. It just seems wrong. Think he should do the kitchen shows, jewellery (which is good at) etc but not bras and maybe ok if they are a presenter short, maybe carole Hichman nighties but come one, bras, no!

I have to say his lipstick in the Destination Gems advert make him look very kissable!

Form an orderly queue please?...:giggle:

For the nearest door......? Good advice Frazzled, it can be very dangerous when people panic & start stampeding en masse towards the exits....calm & orderly should always be stressed as the way to do it! :nod:

Its funny isnt it because there is something about Charlie, something I cant quite put my finger on but something I dont like there at all. I find he is doing more and more and more ladies clothing and make up shows. Im not sure if this is at his request or QVCs but I think a female when it comes to bras, would just be common sense. I dont watch the ahh bras, why would I, I have no interest in bras, so why is Charlie so enthusiastic. It just seems wrong. Think he should do the kitchen shows, jewellery (which is good at) etc but not bras and maybe ok if they are a presenter short, maybe carole Hichman nighties but come one, bras, no!

Very sexist comment these days. I don't have a problem if he is selling ladies underware or garden equipment, and yes if you are a sales person (which they are) then you have to be enthusiastic as if he stands there looking embarrassed and uncomfortable then he isn't going to be employed for long. TBH he's selling a bra not asking if he can come around and fit it for you.

I can't run but maybe a slow trot to the door.

Oh dear, I'm afraid in these sorts of situations (lipstick wearing Charlie etc.) it's a case of every man (or woman!) for him/herself, I'm afraid we can't make allowances for the poor little lame ones shuffling along at the back, we have to stick to the <s>pirates'</s> STForum code, i.e. 'those that fall behind, get left behind'........your fate is sealed I fear, pucker up now.....! :grin:

p.s. I'm a bit lame & slow myself but I got a cattle prod & I ain't afraid to use so will be able to force my way to the front with no probs....! LOL

The only male presenter on QVC that I find cringey/creepy/smarmy and unwatchable is ass licking Craig.....:eek:

I agree. He was OK when he first started but now he just acts like a nob. Don't like Charlie either - those jumpers ..........

CC

Very sexist comment these days. I don't have a problem if he is selling ladies underware or garden equipment, and yes if you are a sales person (which they are) then you have to be enthusiastic as if he stands there looking embarrassed and uncomfortable then he isn't going to be employed for long. TBH he's selling a bra not asking if he can come around and fit it for you.

it may be sexist but there are a lot of old ladies watching we assume (low % web sales) and they would probably prefer a female presenter same as they'd prefer to show their bra to a female nurse. seeing as there seems to be twice as many female presenters as men, there is no need for it. it also works the other way - diy is better presented by one of the guys than one of the simpering i'm such a girly girl is that thing called a hammer, females.

For all you girly girls, this is what a hammer looks like - - - - - >

rip_hammer.jpg

PS it would have been much larger if it wasn't for the Pavers add taking up 3/4 of my screen lol

Charlie always come across to me as a bit of a wimp tbh however i prefer him to craig. Was soo happy when i saw them to last on the favorite presenter poll. i hope they knocked the smile off there smug faces :)

Latest posts

Back