Cozee Home TSV 09/11/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am tempted by the electrically heated shawl for OH for Xmas.

Can't find the equivalent cheaper elsewhere, most of them seem to be USB powered and much smaller.

And the material looks very luxurious, may not even need the heat.

So I may have to reluctantly pay the QVC price and PP :(

When I first saw the picture, I thought it was a pair of short trousers.
Oh, I wanted something like this and was discussing it on here last year. I was looking everywhere for one and all I could see were the huge versions like the Cozee heated throws and the one they do with armholes. Those are great spread over you on the sofa watching tv but a bit big for sitting at a computer where they trail on the floor, but that’s what I want it for. I actually wonder if this would be a bit big now I’ve seen the measurements but I’m so tempted, even if it is £50.Thank you for bringing it to my attention, Stratobuddy. My north-facing room where the computer is feels icy and draughty, even with the heating pumping out. My hands get so cold. I had chilblains on them a few years ago.

I am tempted by the electrically heated shawl for OH for Xmas.

Can't find the equivalent cheaper elsewhere, most of them seem to be USB powered and much smaller.

And the material looks very luxurious, may not even need the heat.

So I may have to reluctantly pay the QVC price and PP :(

When I first saw the picture, I thought it was a pair of short trousers.

I had a mains cape from either Lidl or Aldi. If you hang on a bit they may come round again before Christmas. It's a nice size for sitting around. I find the throws a bit too large and heavy (can't use my right leg so kicking something is a chore), so they're on my bed.

I also had a USB one from Homedics a few months ago. It was in the sale section and £35. It's back up to £99 now but will probably come down again. It has a nice size battery pack that can also charge phones etc.

Oh, I wanted something like this and was discussing it on here last year. I was looking everywhere for one and all I could see were the huge versions like the Cozee heated throws and the one they do with armholes. Those are great spread over you on the sofa watching tv but a bit big for sitting at a computer where they trail on the floor, but that’s what I want it for. I actually wonder if this would be a bit big now I’ve seen the measurements but I’m so tempted, even if it is £50.Thank you for bringing it to my attention, Stratobuddy. My north-facing room where the computer is feels icy and draughty, even with the heating pumping out. My hands get so cold. I had chilblains on them a few years ago.

I have a small heated shoulder cape that's identical to the small CH version. I got it from Lidl for £15 recently. Now, this is a truly handy item as it warms me up completely even though it's quite small. It's also small enough to go on my lap which does the trick for my perpetually freezing (with chilblains) feet when the rest of me is warm.

Anyone buying these should keep the receipt and warranty numbers as I've gone through quite a few in the last 10 years. They work well for a while then the control unit fails (in my case I've had more of them fail than the actual heat part). I hear a zzzzzt then no more heat. I rely on them as my circulation is awful so always have a spare.

Fingerless gloves are also on all the time between September and May.

I have a small heated shoulder cape that's identical to the small CH version. I got it from Lidl for £15 recently. Now, this is a truly handy item as it warms me up completely even though it's quite small. It's also small enough to go on my lap which does the trick for my perpetually freezing (with chilblains) feet when the rest of me is warm.

Anyone buying these should keep the receipt and warranty numbers as I've gone through quite a few in the last 10 years. They work well for a while then the control unit fails (in my case I've had more of them fail than the actual heat part). I hear a zzzzzt then no more heat. I rely on them as my circulation is awful so always have a spare.

Fingerless gloves are also on all the time between September and May.
I have wondered about those but worried they don’t quite cover you enough. I know I said the QVC one looks too big and I’m being a bit Goldilocks here with wanting the one in the middle that’s just right! I might have a look again now I read what you say about warming you all over despite just covering the shoulders. Thank you.

I've ordered one from the Q now as I've never seen one in Lidl and I read the leaflet every week.

I didn't realise the USB ones had a better pack, I thought they would have to be plugged in permanently. A battery pack is much better than having to be permanently wired up like the Q one.

I've ordered one from the Q now as I've never seen one in Lidl and I read the leaflet every week.

I didn't realise the USB ones had a better pack, I thought they would have to be plugged in permanently. A battery pack is much better than having to be permanently wired up like the Q one.
I think alter ego is talking about the one which literally sits around your neck and shoulders (QVC one in link below). I have seen them in Lidl a couple of times. They tend to sell them at the same time as they sell a slightly bigger one which goes further down the back, but still doesn’t really go over the front at all. They seem to be sold more as a ”treatment” item for aches and muscle pain. Could be wrong.

I think alter ego is talking about the one which literally sits around your neck and shoulders (QVC one in link below). I have seen them in Lidl a couple of times. They tend to sell them at the same time as they sell a slightly bigger one which goes further down the back, but still doesn’t really go over the front at all. They seem to be sold more as a ”treatment” item for aches and muscle pain. Could be wrong.
I use my Lidl heated back pad every day at this time of year and it's wonderful. The alternative would be to switch on the central heating during the day, which I am loath to do. The pad does get very hot, so I am forever switching it off for a few mins at a time.

Hello all, long time reader but new contributor. Saw the discussion about these items so wanted to add something. I have both of these cozee items - the small shoulder cape and the large wrap with the split. Originally bought the little cape but it is going back. I have never sent back cozee home but this doesn’t seem to reach a decent heat, I’m still cold whilst wearing it. Also it’s a little rough around the neck but this might just be me being fussy. It’s a totally different material, most likely because it needs some structure. Being dissatisfied with this I then ordered the large split wrap. Oh my goodness, what a difference. It is super light and soft and heats up beautifully. Feels like I don’t have anything on my shoulders. Very comforting, absolutely love it. The only downside is that the wires seem quite prominent and not quite so hidden as in the case of their ‘normal’ heated throws. Hope this maybe helps someone....

That's the one.

I keep mine behind me on my chair and just flip it over my shoulders/on my lap when needed. It's small but mighty and warms me up a treat. If you're sitting that's all you need. Honestly, the way it warms me is enough and I'm a freezer with circulation problems. As long as I have my arms covered, this warms me through perfectly.

The throws are bigger and better, I find, on the bed or if you're lying on sofa. The cape I had from Lidl or Aldi (I can't remember which, sorry) is a halfway size, much like the QVC or Homedics versions. I use that when I'm sitting around on very cold days.

The battery pack ones are great if you're sitting around a while but have to keep getting up to check/do something as you're not tethered. Especially if your kitchen or where you're going is cold enough to chill you by the time you go back to sitting.

I've had quite a few of these. I've been buying them for over a decade and have a new throw and mini cape spare. Apart from saving on heating bills, I find these warm me through better than just sitting in a warm room. The heat is very comforting. I don't warm up even when the heat is on. I just get a hot face and get progressively colder the further down my body until I get to two slabs of ice below my knees. I've tried all kinds of thermals, thick socks, sheepskin slippers but nothing warms me like these heated throws.

And they always go zzzzzzt at the coldest time of the year so remember to keep your receipts.

It’s very useful to hear that those smaller heated pad thingies do actually warm you all over, so thanks to madcatman and alter ego. I wouldn‘t have trusted them to do that at all, however much Cozee Deborah on QVC might have said so. I might still go for the heated wrap thing on Q that stratobuddy drew my attention to but will look out for one of the smaller things in Lidl. I hope they have them more than once a year.

There’s an article as below and it’s dated September this year, suggesting they are a new thing for Lidl, but sounds like others have had theirs a while and I’ve definitely seen them at least twice before.

Latest posts

Back