Couture Quacker Factory???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
Yep, Quacker lady just said 'well, we have couture Quacker.....'! Eh?
This is apparently the designs where they've really overdosed on the sequins etc., as opposed to the more 'toned down' designs! :11:
Well........gosh! :eek:

I was just about to start a thread on Quacker 'Fashions', great minds etc, Kitten!

I know that fashion is a matter of taste and I've no wish to offend, but those trousers are shapeless!

Well some are OK I guess (maybe! lol) but when I saw the TSV I was instantly reminded of those super-static sweatshirts from the 70's/80's, with the garish embroidered designs of Scottie dogs or snowflakes or whatever that were so popular at the time, remember them?

Mind you, a t-caller has just said her disabled daughter likes the clothes as she likes the tactile feel of the designs, which is not only sweet but a more realistic target audience (a young person) that an older age group I would've thought!

500 gone in the first 30 mins :52:
Beggars belief :11:

Well unless the lady with the little girl bought most of it (a possiblilty, as the parent of a disabled child myself, when I did find something she liked (or would condescend to actually wear! lol), I would virtually buy one of every colour/design in the bloomin' shop, it is fairly gobsmacking!

They're such an awful cut, the top they had on just a few minutes ago was utterly shapeless, pulling tight around the bust & arms with stretched material gaping out, awful!

I like the TSV. The Turquoise set is pretty but the white trousers are dangerous because they often show underwear.

Just right for hot weather and Quacker stuff generally washes well and is good quality.

I would have liked 2 pairs of crops and one T shirt.

I believe this is the third clothing TSV in the last couple of weeks to feature crop pants and all of them have been diabolical. Yet more American rubbish. At the risk of being called rude I will say again I have yet to see a fashionable range from this so called high fashion country.

I have yet to see a fashion range on QVC that I would buy into, with the exception of Centigrade and Carole Hockman.

Well some are OK I guess (maybe! lol) but when I saw the TSV I was instantly reminded of those super-static sweatshirts from the 70's/80's, with the garish embroidered designs of Scottie dogs or snowflakes or whatever that were so popular at the time, remember them?

Oh God! I remember them well, real market stall, outlet store styles! Mind you I can't say I remember any embroidery on them, more of a sprayed, or ironed on motif, not that I ever bought one mind, this is merely an obervation..lol! When they were new, the dog, or the comedy snowman looked like it had been freshly painted on, but as soon as it had been washed, massive cracks would appear, and the edges would be feathered where you went a bit too near with the iron!!!! Horrible things, could imagine you hair would be standing on end when you took them off..I think you could have powered a small town on the electrical charge they gave off!

I actually like Quacker. I agree that the crop (or should I say Crap) trousers look awfull but the quality of their t-shirts is second to non. I don't buy the lairy pieces but I do have some of the sequin heart ones they've done and the fleur de lys tops. They look fantastic with jeans and I know that I'm wearing something that no one else has (coz I'm in a minority!!). Each to his own eh?

I actually like Quacker. I agree that the crop (or should I say Crap) trousers look awfull but the quality of their t-shirts is second to non. I don't buy the lairy pieces but I do have some of the sequin heart ones they've done and the fleur de lys tops. They look fantastic with jeans and I know that I'm wearing something that no one else has (coz I'm in a minority!!). Each to his own eh?

I like Quacker too and agree absolutely about the quality.
I like the look of the TSV except that the trousers will probably be consigned to messing around in the garden, but even at that, the value is very good! I like that you can have a bit of fun with your clothes. I have 'serious' fashion too but sometimes I want not to take myself too seriously (and be mega comfortable!)

I don't care for the TSV, but I look terrible in crop trousers. I do have some Quacker tops, all bought on EBay from US sellers. The quality is great, I must admit. They also seem to sell different kinds of things in the US - I have a couple of jumpers and shirts, no sequins and really quite tasteful. We don't seem to see those here - maybe that's from the "couture" range. Of course they also have plenty of OTT stuff as well.

I've had a look on QVC US and they really have some lovely Quacker stuff on there. I love cats and they have some cat t-shirts and hodded tops which I've never seen over here. I agree that they also have some things where is DOES look like an explosion in a sequin factory but some people love that stuff and that's great for them. As Nicky-J has said, people like to have fun with their clothes and you can certainly have that with Quacker!!

I wouldn't even buy this to wear around the house, incase anyone knocked on the door.

Latest posts

Back