Couriers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Have QVC changed their courier service again? The Hermes lady we had to do our deliveries was superb - friendly, conscientious and everything, but we've not seen her since Christmas. Now we have a lady who announces "Delivery!" when she buzzes the door and then, literally, throws the parcel into the hallway and is gone. I've not had to sign for a single package since she took over, whereas I always had to sign for them before. I miss the wonderful service I used to get from my previous lady and I want her back! I wonder what will happen to parcels when I'm not in to answer the door.

Slightly off topic, but I am expecting a delivery from Amazon.

It seems they have moved their distribution to Edinburgh because of lower tax in Scotland.

My parcel has arrived in Edinburgh at the couriers YODEL (has anyone heard of them???) and now it has to make its way almost the whole length of the country to Plymouth.

It seems they have moved their distribution to Edinburgh because of lower tax in Scotland.

My parcel has arrived in Edinburgh at the couriers YODEL (has anyone heard of them???) and now it has to make its way almost the whole length of the country to Plymouth.

Yodel is the rebranded and infamous HDNL - see this link www.hdnl.co.uk/

Luckily I am still getting my Amazon deliveries okay here but possibily a bit slower

Could it be that your Hermes courier has changed? Maybe one you had has given up!

My current Hermes courier is horrible, he is so rude and he never asks for anything to be signed and "lies" about delivery items to letter box etc...when he has actually handed them to you, or should I say thrown them at me! He doesn't like me as I have had cause to make two official complaints about him in connection with Next and Debenhams orders.

I still have my lovely Hermes lady here, I hope she remains with me as she always pops my parcels in the back garden shed for me when I'm out.

I too have a great Hermes lady, nothing is too much trouble for her, she also delivers all the catalogue stuff too.

I even gave her some chocs at Xmas - THAT'S ONE GIFTY PERSON THE PRESENTERS HAVE NEVER THOUGHT TO MENTION - THE COURIER LADY !!!!!!!!

Yep...found this out to my cost just before Christmas when an order with 3 items got all the way to the Reading depot,11 miles away, but for some unknown reason then went all the way back to Edinburgh...???? Never did find out why, but the Amazon lady blamed it on the snow in Scotland..! :smirk: I got a free month added to my ~prime~ account and 2 of the items replaced unfortunately the 3rd which was half price at the time of sale was not available.. :angry: (ok, it was only a Thomas the Tank train :happy: )

My qvc courier has not changed, a very pleasant lady.

daydreamer.

Unless it's changed very recently they are using some waste of space courier who I had never heard of for higher priced items. I ordered an Archos tablet when it was a TSV and because I work during the day and they are so inflexible in delivering it would have meant having to make a 40 mile round trip to pick it up form their depot. Except I couldn't because the depot closed at 5pm. I told QVC to stuff it so the item was returned back to QVC and I got all my money back. Having seen the reviews I think they did me a favour and I ended up getting a better machine for not much more money.

QVC are still using Hermes and their "self-employed" couriers are still losing money hand over fist each time the petrol prices go up. I don't know why many of them stay in the job. Lots are disillusioned and have been getting other jobs, I know that much. Can't blame them, when I did it 3 years ago, I found it hard to cover costs on what little is paid and all Hermes care about is whether the parcel is delivered or not, not how it's delivered.

If a courier is ill, they are replaced and lose their job - might have happened in your case Moth.

My courier Lady is AWFUL.

I used to have such a nice lady,and delivery was very quick.

Now I have this lady,I wait forever for parcels,she lies and she rude.

I first experienced her on a NEXT item - but thought she worked solely for NEXT.I thought thats easy to recify,I just won't use NEXT again and save my pennies.She was sooooo rude to me,I vowed never to use NEXT again,and then up she pops to deliver my QVC stuff.

I wish it was an incentive never to use QVC again - but thats harder than I thought!!!

I have to say that mine are wonderful and were also given a choccie treat at christmas.

I hate Yodel, if you go onto Amazon there is a campain running to stop them from using Yodel.

My husband bought a lap top from Curry's just before christmas on the internet and it was going to be delivered by Yodel, well to cut a long story short it never arrived even though i was speaking to Yodel everyday it was meant to have been delivered. Someone somewhere has a new laptop that should have been my husbands.

Have waited in all day so far for my Amazon delivery, which went out on the local van at 0818 this morning.

I've just seen the post above, which appeared while typing mine. The courier is Yodel!!!

Last edited:
Yodel was formed by Home Delivery Network and a section of DHL they purchased.

I get things off Amazon regularly and never have a problem. I also ordered an ipad last week from Littlewoods (I won a prize!) and it came the next day via Yodel. Haven't had a problem with Yodel to date, nor Hermes as I know my courier. Thing is, it's becoming more common to use people on a self-employed basis, pay a pittance, and sooner or later the good ones get work elsewhere and bad ones take over.

Latest posts

Back