Cost cutting

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
Think things must be getting tight at the Towers.

First the plastic bags they use for clothes are now cheap and nasty and no longer have the self seal strip, so a real nuisance to pack up for return.

Secondly, the last 3 items that have arrived did not include a programme guide.

Third of all, just watching Charlie do Style Inc, and they have cut down on the sizes. Have bought a lot of their clothes in the past, in 2X, but now a 2X is several sizes smaller than in the past. This is so dishonest, why call it 2X if they have decreased the size?

And just a thought, hate Charlie doing fashion and all the other female stuff he does, is it because he is cheaper to use than some of the women presenters?

Very little worth watching these days, going to the HIGH STREET tomorrow to see what I can find.

I hate the male presenters doing the fashion hours too. I find it a bit creepy. It's like having someone bring their husband into the communal changing room.

I hate the male presenters doing the fashion hours too. I find it a bit creepy. It's like having someone bring their husband into the communal changing room.

I've been to Colour Me Beautiful and had a very useful personal shopping session with a really nice guy. I enjoyed it a great deal and found it worthwhile, but he does know what he's talking about unlike some "fashion experts".

, and they have cut down on the sizes. Have bought a lot of their clothes in the past, in 2X, but now a 2X is several sizes smaller than in the past. This is so dishonest, why call it 2X if they have decreased the size?

Don't they usually give out the measurements which are much more relevant to go by?

To be fair, maybe they have gone back to what sizing used to be, as we all know that sizing has got much bigger recently for the 'feel good factor'. A size 12 now is far bigger than a size 12 was in the 1980's. (and as a side note, apparantly a take away burger is now twice the size they were in the 80's too)

Think things must be getting tight at the Towers.

First the plastic bags they use for clothes are now cheap and nasty and no longer have the self seal strip, so a real nuisance to pack up for return.

Secondly, the last 3 items that have arrived did not include a programme guide.

Third of all, just watching Charlie do Style Inc, and they have cut down on the sizes. Have bought a lot of their clothes in the past, in 2X, but now a 2X is several sizes smaller than in the past. This is so dishonest, why call it 2X if they have decreased the size?

And just a thought, hate Charlie doing fashion and all the other female stuff he does, is it because he is cheaper to use than some of the women presenters?

Very little worth watching these days, going to the HIGH STREET tomorrow to see what I can find.

I totally agree Ruthmay, I hate the new bags, very cheap looking in comparison. I also thought they'd just forgotten to put a programme guide in a couple of recent parcels but maybe they are cutting back. Not sure about Charlie being cheaper - can't imagine him accepting a lower pay rate than Jill Franks, for example.

I'm sure years back if I hadn't bought anything off them for a while they used to randomly post one out to me... long gone are those days thou!

I got two parcels today and each one had a TV guide in it. I usually find them missing from the TSVs - maybe they want to get them out quickly so don't put a guide in? Hate the new bags too, can't hide the 'QVC' logo from dh so easily LOL !!!!!

I got two parcels today and each one had a TV guide in it. I usually find them missing from the TSVs - maybe they want to get them out quickly so don't put a guide in? Hate the new bags too, can't hide the 'QVC' logo from dh so easily LOL !!!!!

I hate most of the packaging Mermaid, they nealy all advertise either QVC in very large letters or worse still, the actual item that I have ordered such as Elemis or YBF and even a label printer had the contents written on the side of the box. What I order is my business, not my postie, neighbour or work colleagues (if I have it delieverd to my office) :down:

Bet

I agree with you Bet, I would rather NO QVC at all on the packaging (I get mine delivered to work.) I get interrogated by the receptionist as to what I have purchased!

Well I get to the front of the queue in the RM sorting office and the postie says in a loud voice......"Yer Ellymiss has arrived" and I can practially hear the peeps behind me thinking........Well that aint working :doh:.

I do think people are less likely to ask what is in a plain parcel, if its obviously from a shopping channel they feel they have a right. One lady who I knew well who worked in the Post office where I used to live openly asked me one day, what you been buying from QVC then? I may have told her but I was darned if I was telling all the folks behind me (it was only clothing) so I just said...oh, this and that.

While I am in rant mode, it also annoys me if I want to return something by special delivery and the person behind the desk asks whats in it and the value. I say its under the insurance limit thanks and then ask them why they need to know whats in it?

OK, all done, feel better now :happy::happy:

Bet

Latest posts

Back