Cosmetics

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lynnonthelake

Registered Shopper
Have just brought the new Bare Minerals pressed foundation from Selfridges,do any of you know if Q will be selling this and also when is Benefit going to be on air?
Thanks Lynn:glass:

Do you like the new pressed foundation Lynn? I haven't tried it yet. It wasn't in my local store last time I looked. I'm definitely keen to try it.

What is the official reasoning behind the Bare Escentuals massive U-turn re pressed products. The whole premise of the brand was it's loose minerals and now they're creating all these pressed compacts are they finally acknowledging that the loose minerals were a pain in the @rse anywhere other than on a dressing table at home (in my experience). I'd take a BE foundation away on holiday at a pinch but couldn't face dealing with the fall out (literally) from separate little pots of eye shadow and blush.

Jude xx

Do you like the new pressed foundation Lynn? I haven't tried it yet. It wasn't in my local store last time I looked. I'm definitely keen to try it.

It was only launched this week,I like it better than the loose powder,I also prefer the pressed eye shadows.
Hopefully Q will eventually have it a special price,I payed £25 for it.
Lynn

The reason I asked about Benefit was that SCW listed some items under New Beauty Products,hope they do show them.
Lynn

There was a thread on here a while ago saying that the reason they were going to 'solids' was that people were being diagnosed with illness from inhaling the dust from loose powders.

I was told by the assistant on the BM counter on saturday that the solid foundation would not be out here until next year. She said Selfridges always gets things first which would be next spring and the rest of the counters would get it next summer.

I have lots of the ready blush and eyeshadows and the mineral veils - love it. Much less messy than the powder stuff.

does it contain the "itchy stuff"? Oxy.... whatever it's called, I can never remember its name!

does it contain the "itchy stuff"? Oxy.... whatever it's called, I can never remember its name!

No it was something to do with causing lung problems with inhaling the dust. Maybe someone can find the link to the old thread - I think it was earlier this year when the first ready stuff was launched.

I'm amazed that during the trials and research, the Bare Minerals scientists never considered that loose powder could be inhaled - all those millions of pounds spent. and not one person spotted it !!!!! I also dont suppose they've heard of asbestos either.

I never bought the stuff, - apart from needing to use it in a well ventilated area, there was too much faffing around. I'll stick to my Elizabeth Arden mousse foundation (it travels well)

Some US doctors have written articles around inhaling loose powder. I think BE are just taking the Health and Safety route in case they get sued. Bismuth is actually a poison, oh yes it was used to kill someone.:wink: I was reading about the History of Capital Punishment, and there is was.:grin:

Psss. There is a Benefit sale on Looksfantastic.com rumour has it at 10%, here is the link

http://beaut.ie/blog/2012/benefit-flash-sale-10-off/

Last edited:
I agree there was too much faffing around with the loose powder,I just do not know what to do with all the pots of eyeshadow,must have about 30 pots at least.
Lynn

I got the pressed mineral veil to take in my handbag and it broke up very quickly so I can't take it with me. It is a mess. I am back to decanting a little mineral veil into the small container I got years ago. At least if iI remember to check the screw top it doesn't go over everything else.

I don't think anyone ever died from using Talcum powder did they? Or dust?

I'm always confused asto whether s called bare minerals or bare essentuals.... They used to call it one thing when the packaging called it another, now they call it another thing but you lot still callit the old thing, that wasn't the thing that it was called.
What's it called?

I went into Neiman Marcus (aka Needless Markup) in San Francisco a few years back and they were selling it there. I was taken aback because it always looked a bit cheap and dodgy on Q. Like Mojave Magic. But it turns out gobby was telling the truth, for a change.

I don't think anyone ever died from using Talcum powder did they? Or dust?

I'm always confused asto whether s called bare minerals or bare essentuals.... They used to call it one thing when the packaging called it another, now they call it another thing but you lot still callit the old thing, that wasn't the thing that it was called.
What's it called?

This is the sort of comment that was on the other thread, about talc not being dangerous so what is the problem. If i remember correctly there was concern years ago about using baby powder on babies when bathing and only use a little so they don't inhale it.

I just think there are so many warnings about things if we followed them all we would not do anything as it is all bad for us.

Latest posts

Back