Cosmetic Shelf Life

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

goddess

Registered Shopper
I'm having a massive clearout and I'm putting loads of my unused stuff on QVC.

I've come across some Models Prefer concealer trio and Yellow Powder. These products are still sealed.

Are they safe to sell. They haven't discoloured and tbh unless you'd know that MP has ceased you would think it was a new product.

I'd be upfront in your ebay listing. You're really only likely to sell to previous users of Models Prefer so just acknowledge that the items are over two years old but are unused and don't appear to have degraded, but that in agreeing to buy the purchaser/bidder is accepting this and buying at their own risk (I'm trying to think of a softer word than "risk" but you get the idea. I'd have no problem using any make up that's been sealed or clearly unused and don't look or smell weird. Someone was asking about the yellow powder in The Drop, so you may find a buyer here (no ebay fees!).

I don't know about Models Prefer stuff, but I think some cosmetics ( like eye shadows) have an unpleasant smell if they are old and unused. Lipsticks (most of them) also have an unpleasant
rancid taste and smell.
S far as I know or am aware that Models Prefer did not do creams, but I do know creams from Liz Earle do get a nasty rancid smell if not used within a certain time.

Smell is a pretty good indicator, an old lippy that's never been used but smells like wax crayons won't kill you but it'll be past it's best and the colour or texture may have changed. If I have a moisturiser or foundation in my stock pile that's been hanging around for a few years, as long as it passes the sniff and texture test I'll use it. The presteegus ingreejunts may be less effective but I'm happy to use it up.

Smell is a pretty good indicator, an old lippy that's never been used but smells like wax crayons won't kill you but it'll be past it's best and the colour or texture may have changed. If I have a moisturiser or foundation in my stock pile that's been hanging around for a few years, as long as it passes the sniff and texture test I'll use it. The presteegus ingreejunts may be less effective but I'm happy to use it up.

I've had a sniff and all smells good. I've also had a look on eBay and there's quite a few MP products for sale and many of them have bids with a few days of sale left, so there must be a demand for Stacy's old stuff.

Funny thing is that I only bought MP because it came with a great big faux leather tote, apart from her eyebrow pencils, I've never liked her products!

I've had a sniff and all smells good. I've also had a look on eBay and there's quite a few MP products for sale and many of them have bids with a few days of sale left, so there must be a demand for Stacy's old stuff.

Funny thing is that I only bought MP because it came with a great big faux leather tote, apart from her eyebrow pencils, I've never liked her products!

Me to goddess, I had that red tote bag and it was of very good value, it was well made and looked quite expensive.....it held a lot too, I took it on a trip to India, I always had a smaller , more expensive bag in it also. I gave it to my sister, and many times wished I still had it .

Me to goddess, I had that red tote bag and it was of very good value, it was well made and looked quite expensive.....it held a lot too, I took it on a trip to India, I always had a smaller , more expensive bag in it also. I gave it to my sister, and many times wished I still had it .

That's right caretodiffer, it was a Christmas TSV and the bag was very expensive looking.
It also came with a matching cosmetic purse which I still have. I used that bag till it fell apart. I was asked many times where I got it from. I'd love another one.

I'm having a massive clearout and I'm putting loads of my unused stuff on QVC.

I've come across some Models Prefer concealer trio and Yellow Powder. These products are still sealed.

Are they safe to sell. They haven't discoloured and tbh unless you'd know that MP has ceased you would think it was a new product.

If you've a lot of stuff, and you didn't want to go down the selling route, take a look at a site called "give and make up".
I learned about it from someone posting on here some time ago.
It's a charity supporting women's refuges and they'll appreciate all sorts of things.
I sent a load of stuff recently, and had a good feeling for days afterwards :) Felt I'd done something useful.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Powder cosmetics will last for years. Unless you wet them. Actually very easy to clean with alcohol, they do it all the time on MUA when swapping stuff. No not the vodka etc, different sort of alcohol.:tongue:

Cream stuff can go off. MAC lippies last for years no weird smells. Bobbi Brown and Nars seem to go off really quickly like a year the develop the wax crayon smell.

Never a fan of MP, tried it when it first came to QVC and not impressed. BUT, lots of people did love it hence there is still a market for it. You read the only thinkg many still like from the YBF range is the eyebrow pencil and that is it.

Latest posts

Back