Cooks Essentials TSV 31st August

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I do like Cooks essentials, started collecting red pans, they are super pans, but I did put them in the dish washer and now they are a dark pink, I would be careful with the black ones, or they will end up grey,

Im still going to order these for son and his girl friend, theyve just got a new house, no dish washer though.

My OH ideally wants le creuset. I cant pick those up when they are empty let alone with hot food in. Cooks Essentials are great pans and I have been really pleased with them. Be nice to now upgrade!

Tell him no he doesn't & tell him how much care & work is involved in keeping them looking nice, that should put him off! LOL

Apart from, as you say, weighing a bliddy ton, they do scratch surprisingly easily & they also stain surprisingly easily! They need oiling periodically & washing very carefully if you don't want them to end up looking like they've been through a house fire or something! (If you like the rough & ready farmhouse rustic look, fine but if you like pristine & perfect, I really wouldn't!) They are lovely but defintely somewhat overrated & a bit of a PITA IMVHO & I probably wouldn't buy any more! (I couldn't lift the damn things now anyway, so a moot point really.....! lol)

Still pondering this TSV, DD doesn't have a dishwasher so might be OK re. the colour fading but just thought........does anyone on here who uses these cook on gas & if so, does it mark the outside of the pans much? :wonder:

I have black CE pots and washing them in the dishwasher has made them fade to grey. I am tempted to get the cream ones as I think maybe they won't fade.

Still pondering this TSV, DD doesn't have a dishwasher so might be OK re. the colour fading but just thought........does anyone on here who uses these cook on gas & if so, does it mark the outside of the pans much? :wonder:

I cook with gas and haven't found that they mark. Although I was very disappointed by the issue of the fading, I still think they are good value-for-money pans. I note that the website description now advises handwashing.

These blasted pans have been in & out of my basket like a ruddy yoyo.....! :dull:

Just decided to go for it when I watched the presentation again & noticed the 'wok' one wobbling about all over the place, even when they just touched the lid briefly.......! That's a bit worrying, innit......? :wonder: :confused:

I think they look cheap.

Made for a TSV.... Probably in the far east.

You'd be better off with 833 305 for £20 more.

I think they look cheap.

I :heart: you Burlz - I did look at those & you've just written what my subconscious self has been saying to me since midnight! (If I really wanted the TSV, I'd have bought & paid for the wretched thing by now, not pinged it in & out of my basket gawd knows how many times - I was mainly hesitating as DD is a purple fiend & I would get so many Brownie points for coming up with a purple pan set!)

Decision made. Final. :mysmilie_504:

I think they look cheap.

I went to have a look and they have disappeared from the website.
So I will have to make do with the TSV and hope for the best, at least I can send them back if I am not happy with them.

I went to have a look and they have disappeared from the website.
So I will have to make do with the TSV and hope for the best, at least I can send them back if I am not happy with them.

Just looked and 833305 - the ultra stainless steel set is there. Perhaps you put in a space in the item number. I have a casserole type pan with a glass lid from the range and it is excellent and it's been in the dishwasher no problems. I'm tempted by the set but I can make do with what I already have. I particulary like the pouring spouts.

I think the ultra stainless steel range is worth the extra £20

Last edited:
I hope you got the Ultra set then Kitten, I can't pull it up on the web any more.

Ah, no worries there o amusing & lovely one (though it is still there! lol) - I was only dithering over the TSV as it came in purple, as in........OMG, purple, purple, purple.....DD would be amazed at my cleverness at finding such a thing.....! I can now look around at my leisure, as having studied the presentation (numerous times!), I know they are unlikely to prove indestructible enough to stand up to DD's loving attentions, her clumsiness & heavy-handedness knowing no bounds....! Wobbly bases & somewhat fragile coloured outers wouldn't stand a hope in hell of surviving more than a few months, if not weeks, in her hands....!
:grin:

Our clumsiness is genetic, my mother is clumsy, I am clumsy, eldest two are ham-fisted clots as well, so it is important to be ultra practical here & not be swayed by a pretty colour! lol I myself am so bad that after destroying gawd knows how many colanders for example, I finally splashed out nearly 40 quid on a virtually bombproof one about 12-15 years ago - it is still going strong (with barely a scratch!) & broken down over the time period, has only actually cost me a few pennies per week, so well worth it really!
I fear DD will need equally bombproof 'stuff'.....! :giggle:

Ah, no worries there o amusing & lovely one (though it is still there! lol) - I was only dithering over the TSV as it came in purple, as in........OMG, purple, purple, purple.....DD would be amazed at my cleverness at finding such a thing.....!

Maybe get her 800 720 instead? A conversation piece....

Maybe get her 800 720 instead? A conversation piece....

It would certainly make an 'unlikely to be duplicated' housewarming gift, though I fear the Brownie points awarded for that might push even those hitherto accumulated into a minus figure.....! (Though she is very fond of eggs.....!) :thinking: :doh: :grin:

Latest posts

Back