Cooks Essentials TSV 20/03/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Will be a nightmare to clean the dam thing. I think ill stick to my halogen oven thanks lol

I'm rapidly losing confidence in a lot of the kitchen products shown during the presentations - they don't seem to live up to the hype. I do like my cooks essentials pans and bakeware, though. Oh, and my soupmaker, one of the things I have really had value for money esp in the cold weather, it is used several times a week.
QVC are pushing too many multi function kitchen items now and not many are effective.

They had this, or something similar, on QVC USA a long while ago. I looked at QVC.com to see if it was still on their site as I can't remember what the reviews were like. Unfortunately it isn't listed but they have 2 CE compact ovens and the reviews of those are not very good. I have a lot of CE items that I bought years ago and they are still going strong but for quite a while now I have returned items that are really quite poor quality and have noticed that there are a lot of critical reviews on the website whereas before it was common for their kitchen equipment to get all 5 star reviews. I think it all started to go downhill when they extended their range.

The phrase "jack of all trades master of none" comes to mind

I remember, Burlz, when combined washer/dryers first came out, and the lady in currys told me individual machines performed better. So I am always wary when it comes to this sort of thing. I'll have a look at it for my mum, but I've a feeling I won't be going for it.

I checked the US website and they dont have the model. I have the compact oven without the rotisserie which I bought brand new on eBay for £18. It is okay and I use it when I need extra oven space

I had a CE compact oven a few years ago and the element went (with a very loud bang). I think we had had it for about a year and it had to be binned as it was impossible to get a replacement element. It cost between £60 and £70 I think so I was not very happy. If the same thing happened to one costing about £114 I would be even less happy.

Latest posts

Back