Confused

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh no I ain't. I just ran out of piccies of Nannylea is all. :wink: xxxxxxxxxxx

Oi I iz still here lurkin yer knows. Gawd this woman's jealousy knows no bounds, just coz yer've not the attributes to look as good as me in a bikinki. You could hav had yer boobs done and looked as good as me, but you choosed electric leg lifters instead. I know you got through yer customers quicker but I have toy boys lining up on the beach.
:giggle::wink: :mysmilie xxxxxxxxxxx

When I was watching (and spending) all those months ago, as well as the usual guff they came out with endlessly, they had also got into the habit of describing each piece as the "best" they had seen. "This is the best ruby we've ever had at Gems"; "I've never seen an apatite of this quality before, I would say this is the best we have ever had here at Gems"; "This is the very best morganite we've ever had at Gems" etc. All meaningless when it's endlessly applied to every ruddy item. And what does it say about the quality of stuff they had before "this piece" if everything that follows, however underwhelming, is so much better? .

In general I tend not to get too worked up about whatever is said on shopping channels, but I have to agree with you there, iclaudipuss. They seem to be doing this more and more, e.g. 'We've never seen morganite of this depth of colour before on Gems TV', when I have some very similar in my jewellery box bought from them about 18 months ago. Surely even the inexperienced buyers must quickly be unconvinced, when every piece shown is 'the best ever'?

I know Gems read these comments, so please ask the presenters to refrain from doing this. I've bought several pieces recently, and I think you have some lovely designs (Boutique Collection!!!) and gemstones at the moment, but this is beginning to put me off.

Since most, if not all, the presenters were saying it at the time I noticed it, MissM, I would imagine that it was something they were told to say by management, so little chance of any change there, I would imagine. If they took much notice of our feedback they would have stopped the ludicrous shouting by now, and from what I'm told, that has become even worse of late.

Even the formerly genteel Ruth has taken on the persona of a bawling street vendor. xxxxxxxx

Even the formerly genteel Ruth has taken on the persona of a bawling street vendor. xxxxxxxx

I never thought I would say this but GemsTV is now far worse than before Steve and Co took the company back. I switched on early Sunday morning and Angeline who was always so watchable just shouting, far worse than anything Lucy used to do, Rae IMO talks rubbish most of the time age even used "call to action" phrase this morning which I always assumed was a producers message to the presenter and not something the poor customer should be subjected to.

As for Ruth I personally have never been a fan and as you say is now even worse.

The ironic thing is I think Lucy is the best presenter on Jewellery Maker.

I am just so disappointed and sadly IMO GemsTV is be becoming unwatchable.

Back on topic (never thought I'd be the one to do that :cheeky:). I've just heard Liv state quite clearly and categorically that they are the only channel where we can buy Zultanite. I'm very confused now, not that I want any. Maybe the situation has changed? ccccccccc

Back on topic (never thought I'd be the one to do that :cheeky:). I've just heard Liv state quite clearly and categorically that they are the only channel where we can buy Zultanite. I'm very confused now, not that I want any. Maybe the situation has changed? ccccccccc

They were previewing it as a coming soon special buy on TJC yesterday.

Guess what ? Not only are the Jewelry channels selling this rare, rare, rare rare gemstone Zultanite but it is now being sold in a jewelers Westfield Shopping Centre at sensible prices.

Still confused???? Or am I just getting fed up of being told how rare, rare, rare everthing is and every piece is the best ever or personal favorite of the presenter

Latest posts

Back