Computer Shop TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Could we start a petition to remove Simon Smithies from QVC as a guest presenter - he is dreadful!
I so used to enjoy QVC Technology but i'm afraid i agree with the other poster, i too have to switch off.

and to think QVC got rid of Tim Goodwin, Simon Smithies would be better off behind the counter at PC World, although they have more personality than him!

and to think QVC got rid of Tim Goodwin, Simon Smithies would be better off behind the counter at PC World, although they have more personality than him!

Yes Bring back Tim Goodwin- at least he knew what he was on about.
Smithies is a voice over and bit part actor!

I totally agree Graham, quite useless as it does not do wireless as it has certain portability as it is so small and not everyone has a phonepoint in the room where tey have their computer. Rubbish in this day and age and weird as it is advanced enough to do tv. However, there was no p and p charge so maybe they have listened re the netbook tsv last year.

Not many desktops come with WiFi installed, because they are used in one place are normally connected by cable. Laptops have WiFi fitted as standard, laptops being portable can be used in any room in the house, even take it down to your local Starbucks.....

Just looked on E-Bay, you can buy a WiFi dongle from a UK seller for £4.99.
Problem solved...but Acer could have installed one on the motherboard, with the numbers thay have sold it would only have cost them coppers.

Just looked on E-Bay, you can buy a WiFi dongle from a UK seller for £4.99.
Problem solved...but Acer could have installed one on the motherboard, with the numbers thay have sold it would only have cost them coppers.

These small desktops (SFF:Small Form Factor) don't have much space in them and as tend to be designed for cool and quiet, the heatsinks are quite large. It might have been possible to fit a mini-pci wireless card but that requires a special slot (as per laptop) which takes room and costs more to manufacture - that would be the obvious choice as Acer are a laptop manufacturer. Then they have to find space for an aerial sticking out of the back!

I have a mini-itx board that can take mini-pci cards but the board itself cost in the region of £200. That's the board itself without a processor......

Latest posts

Back