Color Wow... or should that be Color Woe?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just wanted to clarify to Loopy loo that this isn't crayon, it's a powder . I hated the waxy crayon versions as they made my hair look and feel greasy. Colour wow gives me some lift at my roots in the same way that I sometimes use dry shampoo to perk it up a bit.
At the end of the day, no one product suits everyone, but I guarantee that qvc have sold many thousands- so the few negative reviews, some of which complain of the colour, don't really mean much . It has good reviews on other shopping sites and the cheap version I just bought also has great reviews on Amazon . It's horses for courses, and of course those hating it can return it to QVC.

I start radiotherapy and chemo this week and will be using this to disguise my roots for as long as possible until I can get it coloured again!

Good luck Suzi Q xxx

Just wanted to add my best wishes to you SuzieQ, hope all goes well for you with your treatment. I agree with your comments about Colour Wow, works well for me for the last two weeks before my next hair appointment and helps me avoid the striped badger look! Like others I can't understand why we see presenters on air with obvious roots showing, even if they only used the product while on air to reduce the glare of the grey in the lights lol!

I just wanted to clarify to Loopy loo that this isn't crayon, it's a powder . I hated the waxy crayon versions as they made my hair look and feel greasy. Colour wow gives me some lift at my roots in the same way that I sometimes use dry shampoo to perk it up a bit.
At the end of the day, no one product suits everyone, but I guarantee that qvc have sold many thousands- so the few negative reviews, some of which complain of the colour, don't really mean much . It has good reviews on other shopping sites and the cheap version I just bought also has great reviews on Amazon . It's horses for courses, and of course those hating it can return it to QVC.

I start radiotherapy and chemo this week and will be using this to disguise my roots for as long as possible until I can get it coloured again!

Hi suzi Q. Best wishes for your treatment. Take care. Been there and done that as they say and anything that helps you feel better about yourself whilst you're under going such experiences has to be good...

Thanks for clarifying about the color wow format - only half watch/listen to the presentations as not interested so I thought it was basically a crayon! I'm funny with products such as this though and I should be the target market as I'm very poorly and unable to go to a salon ever. But I hate anything left on my hair - be it powder or dry shampoo or whatever it is! In the demos I've seen of it, the results have looked mediocre at best - but it obviously suits many people so all good :) I wonder if it works better on grey roots than very dark ones?

If all the negative reviews are linked to wrong colours they either need to improve selection or advise better.... Thing is that just seeing a lower star rating and without reading many in depth would put me off!
In general, though my comment was not specific to the color wow. I was talking more about certain products which they rave about on air but when you look at ratings and reviews on qvc website snd suddenly I can't trust a word they say! I guess it's worth them risking the relatively low number of negative feedbacks and returns compared the vast numbers they can shift!

Latest posts

Back