Clothing sizes on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whatsinaname

Registered Shopper
Does anyone have any idea why the clothes are sized as S M L etc and not 10, 12, 14....? I've only seen it on shopping channels. Shops & catalogues don't usually do S M L, not that I've seen anyway. This isn't something that keeps me awake at night, you understand,just curious. :24:

It may be because many of the clothing ranges originate stateside etc and their clothing size numbers are different to ours.

I find it strange to consider something classed as a 40" chest should be Xsmall

Makes me feel quite inadequate in that area!!!!:2::3:

Well I suppose they do at least give accurate chest measurements etc. & I guess it saves on a lot of returns as we all know an M&S size 12 is probably not the same as a Next size 12!

What really bugs me however is their inconsistent shoe sizing, it's dreadful! They give no measurements with shoes & unless you've actually seen the item on air, you would often need to read the reviews to try & determine which size to go for!
How do they manage to have so many shoe ranges with such weird & ridiculous sizing? I's almost unbelievable!

I suppose if their clothing suppliers supply for USA, UK and, in some cases, Germany, all would have different sizing but by using S, M, L etc they can just give out the measurements for each garment/manufacturer.

I just bought some Rockports (not the TSV). They were open toe so instead of going up a size as they recommended with the closed toe styles I went for my usual sandal style size. They are unfortunately going back as they look too small.

Not only is there a huge variation between sizing of different shoe manufacturers but also within some ranges such as Markon. I've had big size 6 despite being a 6.5 and small size 7.

Not only is there a huge variation between sizing of different shoe manufacturers but also within some ranges such as Markon. I've had big size 6 despite being a 6.5 and small size 7.

Yes, that's even more irritating as you're not even safe if you've bought from that manufacturer previously in another style! :12:
I'm awaiting the arrival of a pair of Markons at the moment, I have no idea if they'll fit me or not & I actually did watch the show!

It may be because many of the clothing ranges originate stateside etc and their clothing size numbers are different to ours.

I find it strange to consider something classed as a 40" chest should be Xsmall

Makes me feel quite inadequate in that area!!!!:2::3:

When QVC give out measurements they are talking about the size of the garment itself, not your supposed chest size etc. At least that way you can take a stab at getting the right size. Mark my words, when you've tangled with the very varied degrees of Centigrade styling you'll appreciate actual inch measurements!
But this inequity seems universal - I have been looking for a packaway cagoule and on one website they sold four different brands and, taking an XL as an example, none were relative to the same UK standard sizes. That XL ranged anything from a 22 right down to a 14!

I know the ranges vary wildly, they have charts on the website for clothes in many of the ranges. You can be XS in one and XL in another.

I wish they would put up every brand sizing on the website.

I remember was it last year? The EU wanted all clothes size by measurement, not 12,14 etc etc. That would mean every shop would have to adhere to a code of proper sizing. I have tried on jeans in Marks and the blue will fit but you try on the black version same style etc and it won't even zip up!:12: Oh and it wasn't a wrong label on them either, tried on a few pair to see.

Shoe sizing is always weird, whether it's QVC or not. In shoe shops, I often have to get the assistant to fetch me a size up or down - don't you find that? If I look at my shoe/boot/sandal collection, it ranges from size 4 to size 6 - and they all fit! I'm guessing that fit is dependent on shoe shape vs foot shape, which is very variable.

Shoe sizing is always weird, whether it's QVC or not. In shoe shops, I often have to get the assistant to fetch me a size up or down - don't you find that? If I look at my shoe/boot/sandal collection, it ranges from size 4 to size 6 - and they all fit! I'm guessing that fit is dependent on shoe shape vs foot shape, which is very variable.

Oh I know the answer. LOL

A UK size 4 is actually a size 6 in the US. So if the shoes are for the US market they will say size 6.

I am a size 3 and Nine West when they had a sale on and I went always ended up with a size 5 because they where made for the US.

Latest posts

Back