Clothing - Size Guides

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Perhaps it's just grumpy old me, but is anybody else irritated when no measurements or sizes are given on-line or in presentations and we are told to refer to the Size Guide for the range? Smacks of lazy preparation and presenting in my opinion.
Me too. Last night Julia was going mad at not having correct sizes on things and went 'old school'. She asked someone to bring her ruler and measured things on the screen as she didn't think the sizes they were showing were correct. If only they could all do that, would make life so much easier for everyone. Or - what a thought - companies could actually give the correct measurements that they made their clothes.

Oh to go back to QVC in its early years. Everything was measured with the infamous QVC ruler. No brand ambassadors and much more smartly dressed, knowledgeable and professional. It is lazy they don’t give sizes and tell you to go on the website. Hasten to add it’s often not on there either.

Had to laugh yesterday when Jenny Blackman and Jackie Kabler were saying that they always give the sizes compared to the dreaded High Street stores and that the sizes were standardised. Really? e,g. What is XL in Denim & Co is 2 sizes smaller in Kim & Co.

Oh to go back to QVC in its early years. Everything was measured with the infamous QVC ruler. No brand ambassadors and much more smartly dressed, knowledgeable and professional. It is lazy they don’t give sizes and tell you to go on the website. Hasten to add it’s often not on there either.

Had to laugh yesterday when Jenny Blackman and Jackie Kabler were saying that they always give the sizes compared to the dreaded High Street stores and that the sizes were standardised. Really? e,g. What is XL in Denim & Co is 2 sizes smaller in Kim & Co.
Comparing QVC's clothes to high street sizes is ridiculous. Also that QVC'S sizes are standardised. What fits you in one high street shop doesnt fit you in another. I've had loads of trouble getting the right size from QVC. It's always been hit or miss and the presenters saying that they are standard high street size 12, for example, doesn't help the QVC customer at all. Bring back the tape measure and drop the BA's who only seem to be there to tell us how we can wear the item, which we already know.

Latest posts

Back