clothes sizing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE lover

Registered Shopper
I don't know if anyone else has this problem but, Why oh why do the designers who come on qvc insist on making their XS sizes starting at a 38 or 40 bust?

I am by know means a skinny minny( WISH I WAS) but anything i've tried in an XS has been to big. I don't think i could squeeze ,what i think is an average size bust into an XS in any high street range( in fact i wouldn't be able to get the tops over my head)

I understand with a coat you need the room for jumpers underneath, but not with ordinary tops. Why can't they the sort the sizing out.??:sad: I suppose on the plus size(no pun intended) it stops me buying overpriced polyester tops.:smirk:

Last edited:
Actual measurement

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but, Why oh why do the designers who come on qvc insist on making their XS sizes starting at a 38 or 40 bust?

I am by know means a skinny minny( WISH I WAS) but anything i've tried in an XS has been to big. I don't think i could squeeze ,what i think is an average size bust into an XS in any high street range( in fact i wouldn't be able to get the tops over my head)

I understand with a coat you need the room for jumpers underneath, but not with ordinary tops. Why can't they the sort the sizing out.??:sad: I suppose on the plus size(no pun intended) it stops me buying overpriced polyester tops.:smirk:

Hi :hi:,
Remember the measurements on QVC are actual garment measurements, not the size of the person buying the garment. It is fairly easy to measure a garment that fits you how you like it and equate that to the QVC sizing.

:nod::nod::nod:

If I could even think along the lines of buying an XS I would be a very happy bunny...............:happy:

Remember the measurements on QVC are actual garment measurements, not the size of the person buying the garment. It is fairly easy to measure a garment that fits you how you like it and equate that to the QVC sizing.

Even so, 38-40" for an X Small coat or whatever IS still large by high street standards! I bought a medium in Zara (coat) and that is 36" chest and there's still plenty of room in it! Fortunately there's nowt on QVC I like (otherwise I'd look like I was wearing maternity gear!).

:hi: Thanks but i've still found everything i've ordered very big. XS or small should, i would have thought be the same as an 8 or 10 in the high street , Trust me if i could get into an XS in the high street i'd be delighted!!!!!!!!

Oooh don't get me started! :D

I just find the size variation between the ranges quite confusing. I am a small medium or large depending on the brand and the cut of the garment!

Two garments with the same measurements given on the website can be very different in size when they arrive.

Once with a Casual and Co top that I'd ordered two sizes in - the medium and the large were virtually the same size when I laid them out flat on the bed. (The medium all but covered the large when laid on top.)

I ordered two different YBF tops in the same size - one swamped me and one was much too tight!

I have vowed to try not to watch and not to order because my success rate is about 3 out of 50 which means I've spent £350 on both sets of postage sending unsuitable clothes back. :eek:

Be careful LA, you are revealing what you have been buying... when you should be resisting..........lol

The QVC fashion sizing does seem different to the high street sizing. I cannot see why cloth cannot be cut correctly surely a 12 is a 12 and a 14 a 14.and so on. Must be annoying for you when you buy and try and home only to find the garment does not fit and then you have to return it for a refund or another size.

Be careful LA, you are revealing what you have been buying... when you should be resisting..........lol

Well obviously I'm speaking about the dim and distant past here. :D

But speaking of resisting.... A'kin is on, must dash! :grin:

I think they could remind viewers more often that they are quoting the measured size of the garment. Greg is actually very good with coats and nuts at advising viewers that they should measure the fullest part of the bust and them add 4-5 inches to allow room for movement and layering clothes underneath. So if your actual bust measurement is 39", you should order the coat in size 44.

It's actually not the point that they are not quoting the sizes properly as they do quote them very well. I am a size 10 and know that when they say XS is a size 40" bust, there is no point me even trying it on. It would swamp me. Surely 40" isn't extra small.

Well not in the world of real shops.

marks and sparks are champion at that...you can buy 2 of the same garments the same size and find one is bigger than the other...and don't get me started on bras...different styles labewlled the same size can be totally different sizes and shapes

Oooh don't get me started! :D

I just find the size variation between the ranges quite confusing. I am a small medium or large depending on the brand and the cut of the garment!

Two garments with the same measurements given on the website can be very different in size when they arrive.

Once with a Casual and Co top that I'd ordered two sizes in - the medium and the large were virtually the same size when I laid them out flat on the bed. (The medium all but covered the large when laid on top.)

I ordered two different YBF tops in the same size - one swamped me and one was much too tight!

I have vowed to try not to watch and not to order because my success rate is about 3 out of 50 which means I've spent £350 on both sets of postage sending unsuitable clothes back. :eek:

I agree -I don't mind the S,M,L etc sizing as long as they give the measurements - I just find the whole issue with clothing at QVC so confusing.What fits in one range,doesn't in another.Even if you think you've finally got the size in the brand you like,it won't come to you,the same size as the one you before IYSWIM? For instance if you think you're a med in BT,you will always be a med in BT - my ar$e you will be!!!

I too have been so unimpressed with the sizing and the clothes range as a whole more and more,that I'd rather spend my money elsewhere - and where,i can try it on!

They are very slow at giving out the sizes, too busy prattling on. Mind you even when they give them out I haven't got a clue. Take today Beth T...a coat 44 inches in the Large....mmm!:thinking2: too small for wearing with jumper under. XL 50 inches....that sounds massive! so I am no further forward so I will not bother my butt.
BTW if I was an XS I would be well happy and off to the high street trying on all that sexy stuff, being able to buy lovely high boots to fit etc. But as I am a lard arse...:sad:

They are very slow at giving out the sizes, too busy prattling on. Mind you even when they give them out I haven't got a clue. Take today Beth T...a coat 44 inches in the Large....mmm!:thinking2: too small for wearing with jumper under. XL 50 inches....that sounds massive! so I am no further forward so I will not bother my butt.
BTW if I was an XS I would be well happy and off to the high street trying on all that sexy stuff, being able to buy lovely high boots to fit etc. But as I am a lard arse...:sad:

Now now don't put yourself down. :smirk: in the high street i'm a 10-12 on top which qvc just don't cater for. Have they never heard of a 34in bust!!!!! BTW unfortunately my backside is not a 10-12:down: Saw some lovely high boots today whilst out shopping darn sight cheaper than qvc.

Latest posts

Back