Clickfree e-mail response

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
RE: C6 easy imaging+computer crash
Hello
>
> The C6 can not result in crashing a computer. the C6 is just an external hard drive. It cannot affect or cause any disturbance in the computer's C: drive. The computer may have been having problems prior to using the C6 hard drive.
> To get the computer back to normal, it is best if you contact the computer manufacturer for troubleshooting.
>
> Regards,
> Clickfree Support

Load of cods wallop eh! They can spout that rubbish whilst they are unpacking the returns!

Sounds like a standard accept no liability get out clause - probably worried customers will want compensation or computers fixed if software has been lost.

Googling Clickfree shows there have been many problems.

I posted mine back on Thursday 4th August, and it is still not showing as returned.

CS told me I have to wait until Thursday 18th August before they will look into it.

QVC are really slow to refund you when you return items - maybe a ploy to stop you returning too much????
They had lots of returns for the Clickfree so no doubt yours is in the warehouse with all the other ones.
Perhaps we won't see so many new Clickfrees on QVC from now on. They seem to bering a new one out every other month or so. Perhaps the next batch they will test before selling.

I find Amazon fantastic - i posted a few things back and they refunded me within 7 days.

Last edited:
Without knowing the back story, I'd be inclined to agree with them. The clickfree device is USB and the internal hard drive is either IDE or SATA. Now if there is a power issue with plugging in USB devices then potentially that can affect the hard drive: no power during drive access = crash. USB devices are notoriously bad for power issues if you've got something like a wifi dongle, usb modem, printer etc attached. In that instance it is the pc motherboard/power supply that needs looking at.

Latest posts

Back