Click Free 500gb

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

deanos

Registered Shopper
Wow £115.75 inc post what a rip off, you can get 500gb external drives for around £47 , i just bought a 640gb drive for £53 and it came with backup software uncluded, yes i have to click to start the software but thats it, windows vista also has backup software included thats simple to use

http://www.ebuyer.com/search?store=2&cat=4&subcat=128

Yeah the Aldi deal is a good one as it has a Esata port, the one i got also has Esata but typically i bought it just before the Aldi deal was announded, its still works out around the same price per GB & 5yr warranty so not that annoyed :)

if i have backed up using the vista back up/restore tool, but want to restore files onto a PC which is running XP (and therefore doesnt have the back up/restore tool), how do i do it?

ta!

Wow £115.75 inc post what a rip off, you can get 500gb external drives for around £47 , i just bought a 640gb drive for £53 and it came with backup software uncluded, yes i have to click to start the software but thats it, windows vista also has backup software included thats simple to use

You are so right, I got my daughter one from amazon for £69, last Christmas! How do they justify this :cash:

What make of hard drive is it Deanos? I was interested in the Clickfree because of the software but I didn't know you could get other kinds that also included software. The hard drive I have at the moment does not and because of that I do not do backups as often as I should.

It was a Seagate Extreme i bought , its gone up to £63 on Ebuyer now it was on special last week at £53 http://www.ebuyer.com/product/149453

The 500gb one is £53 and will have the software "Seagate Manager" http://www.ebuyer.com/product/149457

It really is dead easy to use, just click backup and it saves the same files as the clickfree

If you already have a external drive there is free backup software out there

This really goes to show how insincere the QVC presenters are. Anthony did the TSV launch show last night and he always comes over as very IT savvy so he must have known that the clickfree is a rip-off and that what the guest was saying about it being so much easier than other hdd back-up systems was a load of carp.

Linda

I swear by the Click Free and have used lots of back up software in my time, personally I would recommend the Clickfree™ Transformer, it fits onto any external drive.

Obviously if you find other software easy then the Click Free is not for you but nIn love it.

Obviously I didn't buy it from QVC!

I think you pay more for the ClickFree because it automatically just backs up anything new after the initial back up, so no dragging and dropping necessary as it immediately recognises any new files - you pay extra for this convenience. It's very handy if you download photos regularly and just want to back up the new additions. I think QVC is selling the large version, but on amazon.com they sell the 500GB portable version. This can easily be kept in a fireproof safe for extra security. Amazon.co.uk do the smaller versions.
Do you mean the Clickfree Cable Graham? I've seen it on Amazon and wondered about it for my other external drives, but unfortunately there seems to be a wait of 1-2 months.

Do you mean the Clickfree Cable Graham? I've seen it on Amazon and wondered about it for my other external drives, but unfortunately there seems to be a wait of 1-2 months.

Yes it is excellent, works just the same as the Click Free Hard Drive and of course can connect to a 1.5tb drive, didn't know there was such a wait on them now. I did a review on one then brought from Amazon but that was back in March.

As backing up can be something that we shyould do but forget I just plug it in now before I switch off and always have everything up to date.

I think you pay more for the ClickFree because it automatically just backs up anything new after the initial back up, so no dragging and dropping necessary as it immediately recognises any new files - you pay extra for this convenience. .

The software that came with my Seagate does exactly the same, only backs up new files, and you just click the icon on the desktop and once it loads click "backup", it really isnt rocket science, it can also check once a day for new files and backup

I think it is really overpriced for what it is, maybe a £10 or £20 markup but no way over £60 more for it.

Another point is that the clickfree dosent back up everything, if you hard drive fails you loose everything including the operating system, alot of software will take a mirror image of your PC so if it fails it will be exactly the same something the clickfree dosent do

The software that came with my Seagate does exactly the same, only backs up new files, and you just click the icon on the desktop and once it loads click "backup", it really isnt rocket science, it can also check once a day for new files and backup

I think it is really overpriced for what it is, maybe a £10 or £20 markup but no way over £60 more for it.

Another point is that the clickfree dosent back up everything, if you hard drive fails you loose everything including the operating system, alot of software will take a mirror image of your PC so if it fails it will be exactly the same something the clickfree dosent do

Does the Seagate backup Outlook Express? Having looked at some sites Clickfree doesn't seem to do that, they recommend you back it up using Microsoft's own system. It does include e-mails on the summary list that they have been showing so I don't know what e-mail program is backed up by it.

Sorry not sure as i have webmail.

There is a program i used to use called Outlook Backup, i could email you a copy over its 2.4mb

Do you mean me ?

Yes the program backs up outlook express as i used to use it on that :hi:

Latest posts

Back