Claudia trying to belittle simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
Did any of you hear Claudia during Gold Day ridiculing Simon because he said "width".

She said "Oh Simon, do you pronounce the D?"

Well of course he does you wally or is he supposed to say WITH?

There were other mispronunciations by her too but I think Simon is so nice that I felt I wanted to defend him.

Self confidence is of course a good thing but too much and things get out of balance and thereby lies Claudia's problem. I choose not to watch her, even if she is presenting something of interest. As I have already posted some presenters have bestowed upon themselves a certain celebrity status and watching them " perform " is not always comfortable viewing.

I really really am not keen to use the word 'hate' about any of the presenters, cos I think it's too strong a word to use about people that I really don't know and only form an opinion about as they're on my TV screen. There is something about Claudia that I just can't warm to at all - I don't know what it is - I think maybe it's just that she comes across as thinking rather a lot of herself, and she was a tad rude to Simon last night I thought. But generally she tried too hard to be 'wacky' and it comes across as so forced...

I'm not a fan of Claudia either. I'll put up with her if she's presenting something I am interested in but that's all. She's way too over confident and very pretentious for my liking.

I've had to watch her gushing over Ralph when he does his Honora shows and felt so sorry for the poor man. (Hope she's not presenting any of the shows at the weekend).

Did any of you hear Claudia during Gold Day ridiculing Simon because he said "width".

There were other mispronunciations by her too but I think Simon is so nice that I felt I wanted to defend him.

The daft cow, if he didn't pronounce the D it would be a completely different word wouldn't it!!

I remember when she first appeared on QVC she was a model and then went on to present Technology.

I think Claudia is silly for a grown woman..all that falling around laughing and giggling during presentations.
I too thought she was rude to Simon especailly when she doesn't come across as the brightest bulb in the pack herself!!

She strikes me as a haughty madam :54:

I should add that Claudia looked particularly foolish because she is also wrong - the "d" in width should be pronounced. I think I may force myself to watch her just to spot any other errors she may make and correct her since she likes doing it to others in a public way. :33:

I think Claudia is silly for a grown woman..all that falling around laughing and giggling during presentations.
I too thought she was rude to Simon especailly when she doesn't come across as the brightest bulb in the pack herself!!

She strikes me as a haughty madam :54:

Yeah, Lemonsqueezy, I totally agree with you. The laughing and giggling thing is just not on: it makes her look like she's a) taking the p*ss and b) so bubbling over with joy that she can earn all this 'pin money' for just larking about, before she goes home to her wonderful life.

claudia has a miniscule vocabulary.she cannot describe anything at all. really boring to listen to. she is pretty but thats not enough i am afraid.

yeah, she's an airhead, who can't really be ar*ed... but hey ho... (cue 'kerching' sound effect going on in the back of her tiny mind as she remembers that, actually, she's getting paid looooooooaaads of money for doing this, so better stay on task, but it's ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ooooooooh so difficult at times!!!).

yeah, she's an airhead, who can't really be ar*ed... but hey ho... (cue 'kerching' sound effect going on in the back of her tiny mind as she remembers that, actually, she's getting paid looooooooaaads of money for doing this, so better stay on task, but it's ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ooooooooh so difficult at times!!!).

She did say hubby and herself were golf and spa members :
http://www.stokeparkclub.com/pdfs/membership_tariff.pdf

Steven can be seen here :
http://www.youtube.com/user/stokeparkclub

Last edited:
I think she's a completely empty vessel. All her explanations and descriptions are meaningless. Some of the presenters do proper research, and have interesting facts, particularly with the jewellery. She just spouts vacuous phrases and words she clearly doesn't understand.

Um... can you tell I don't like her?

She did something similar on air a while ago to Craig. They were doing a jewellery show and he correctly pronounced "Labradorite". She made a huge fuss and giggled furiously insisting that the correct pronunciation was "Labradite". Made a right idiot of herself! She really does think she is something special.

business brain or not (whatever that is)
she sounds like she did not get a low c.s.e in english language.
mind you marrying someone with money could constitute a good business brain lol

I have no idea how much either he, or her husband, get paid. But he is very highly regarded in his field. And, despite what you're saying about her, believe that Claudia has a very good business brain.

All this may be true but what is the relevance of this to her rude and arrogant attitude as witnessed in the examples given? Having money or a good job does not mean that you cannot be guilty of bad manners or poor knowledge of the English Language. I should also add that I am not wishing to mock someone's poor language skills but their arrogance in thinking it is fine to correct others, albeit erroneously, in the very public way she has chosen to do so. People who do this end up looking just a little foolish.

All this may be true but what is the relevance of this to her rude and arrogant attitude as witnessed in the examples given? Having money or a good job does not mean that you cannot be guilty of bad manners or poor knowledge of the English Language. I should also add that I am not wishing to mock someone's poor language skills but their arrogance in thinking it is fine to correct others, albeit erroneously, in the very public way she has chosen to do so. People who do this end up looking just a little foolish.

I really was NOT saying that because someone is rich they can "be guilty of bad manners" etc. That would be ridiculous! What I WAS saying was that I believe that Claudia is no air-head. That was all. I did not see the presentation concerned, so I cannot (and would not) comment on that particular matter. I was just saying I think Claudia is pretty bright.

Latest posts

Back