Clarisonic TSV 17/4/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is it.

http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Beautiful-Skin-Cleansing-Brush_1304042/

Battery operated, no timer it seems. Warning about using close to hairline!!!!

Don't believe it has an inner brush part on the head which moves separately, or you can click out to use around your nose for extra cleaning.

Will you still be using the same one 3-4 years later? I doubt it.

I don't mind whether rechargeable or battery operated, arguably battery has some advantages - if the battery is flat at least you can just pop new batteres in and use immediately, but if you discover you've forgotten to charge up your rechargeable appliance I imagine you need to wait at least an hour before you can use it. Granted a timer would be handy but not a deal breaker, it's not difficult to work out when 10, 20, 60 seconds are up - otherwise have a timer/watch handy. The warning about using close to the hairline I imagine is to avoid getting your hair caught and I presume that's just as possible with a Clarisonic. Personally I wear a hairband to keep my hair off my face when I'm doing my skincare so again wouldn't bother me.

I don't think the Boots one had an inner removeable section, but the brush diameter I'd say was 25-30mm which looks to be about the same as the Clarisonic inner circle (only basing that on pictures of the Clarisonic though, haven't seen one in the flesh).

Will the Boots one still work 3-4 years later? Maybe not but at £25 -v- £167 it's a chance I'd be prepared to take, especially when there's a risk that after the initial novelty had worn off there's £169 worth of gadget resigned to the back of the cupboard.

I am really pleased with mine, and remember buying it after Donna commented on how she found it. Have not looked back, and I had some real iisues with hormonal skin, it is so much better now. Money worth while spend, and still using it 1 1/2 years later, though I also do not bother using the body brush thing, so would probably go for a Mia if I had know

I have a mia. My skin is better for it but not magically so.
In respect of recharging - it starts to pulse when the charge is running low, one pulse after you have finished using it, 2 pulses the next time - like a countdown - it doesn't just conk out mid flow it does give you warning!

I have both a Clarisonic and a Mia, since I bought t he Mia my Clarisonic hasn't been used.

If anyone wants to make me an offer PM ma and Ill happily sell complete with original box and new heads.

I bought the Clarisonic Plus ago in November 2011. I had to send it back because I couldn't use it every day on my face. It seemed alot of money to be able to use twice a week. Funnily I loved the body brush and my arms were beautifully smooth. I am tempted to buy it for that purpose but it is alot of money for a body brush. I wonder if it will ever come down in price.

I wonder whether Herbert Birdsfoot will be the Clarisonic guest again?

Jude xx

Attachments

• Herbbirdsfoot.jpg
    Herbbirdsfoot.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 175

Latest posts

Back