Clarisonic.... is it any good ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilian

Registered Shopper
Advice please ladies. Who has one of these & are they any good? My skin is pretty good anyway so is it going to be of any more benefit than the Judith Williams brush I use regularly? Or is it all just sales hype ?

Thank you.

Judiths brush is better I think

Advice please ladies. Who has one of these & are they any good? My skin is pretty good anyway so is it going to be of any more benefit than the Judith Williams brush I use regularly? Or is it all just sales hype ?

Thank you.

I bought it the last time it was a TSV in november, used it for just over 3 weeks and sent it back. I really wanted to love it but my skin didnt show any improvement - in fact I kept getting one spot after another and had about 5 on my face after about a week of using it. I thought maybe it was pushing the makeup back into the pores so tried taking my makeup off first and then using it. I too use judith williams luxury diamond cleanser with the brush (have done for nearly a year) and my skin has improved since using it and I thought the clarisonic would replace it but it hasnt unfortunately. I have stopped using the clarisonic for about 10 days now and my skin is much calmer and spot free. I dont know why it should have done this to me, I tried using it in the morning instead and tried all the brush heads but quite frankly after 3 weeks of use I saw no positive difference whatsoever. All in all I find judiths brush does a fab job and I have saved £100. I know alot of forumites love it so it might be ok for you, you could always use your 30daymbg like I did to see for yourself.

I thought as much as I was tempted. I did wonder if the brush heads would possibly make the pores look more open in the long run too as all that intensely fast rotation, even with a gentle brush, can't be good in the long run on delicate pores, think about what causes gum erosion, same principle. With the JD one it's a manual action, much more beneficial I think.
I really like the sound of Judith's diamond cream & range but apparently if you have a shiny T zone or unless you have very dry skin it's not for you. Does anyone know more about this please? ta xx.

I am sure there will be people along soon who will rave about the Clarisonic and say its the best beauty item they have bought. Unfortunately, i am not one of them. I bought the Plus version last November when it was a TSV. It is the most expensive Clarisonic and the 4 easy pay enticed me to buy along with glowing reviews on here.

I kept going after the 30 MBG even though I saw no results, and a year on, I feel the same. I suffer with blocked pores on chin and nose and I was sure it would help. It has not helped at all and my problems still remain. I have never even taken the body brush out of the box. I blame myself and should have sent it back within the mbg. Not impressed.

I am sure there will be people along soon who will rave about the Clarisonic and say its the best beauty item they have bought. Unfortunately, i am not one of them. I bought the Plus version last November when it was a TSV. It is the most expensive Clarisonic and the 4 easy pay enticed me to buy along with glowing reviews on here.

I kept going after the 30 MBG even though I saw no results, and a year on, I feel the same. I suffer with blocked pores on chin and nose and I was sure it would help. It has not helped at all and my problems still remain. I have never even taken the body brush out of the box. I blame myself and should have sent it back within the mbg. Not impressed.
Same here Itchy - I have enlarged pores (always have had - inherited from mum I think!) and am prone to blackheads etc and am always scrubbing etc and thought the clarisonic would be the answer - but no. On close inspection in magnifying mirror - no difference even after a couple of weeks use! Its a pity it doesnt deliver on its promises.

Its kinda like the emperors new clothes - I believed the hype and really really wanted it to work and kept going in the belief that it would one day give me the perfect skin - but it didnt.

Last edited:
I've got the Clarisonic Mia, bought for just under £50 on ebay.
Following allergy issues, I now use EVOO to cleanse my face so it is no longer appropriate.

Before allergy problems, I bought the Judith Williams Cleanser with brush. Far too harsh for me (brush & cleanser) so it was returned quick smart.

By far the best thing I've used for open pores is BAKING SODA (bicarbonate of soda). Mixed with EVOO, it makes a fabulous, gentle scrub
http://www.stylenectar.com/stylenect...er-recipe.html
I bought two round face mask sponges to use to remove any residue. Better than a cloth or flannel.

Thank you ladies. I will keep my money. Clearly not the best thing since sliced bread:giggle: so I will stick with JW's brush.

Never tried Judith's brush so can't compare them but I have the Clarisonic and I have seen a difference. If you use any of the foundations that you buff into your skin you need something more than a wipe to get your pores clean again. I suspect they do similar things at different speeds but if I had to put the effort in rather than let the machine do it I probably would quickly tire.

Honest view Lillian is that if you're happy with what you're using then save your money.

I love my Clarisonic, had it since 2009. I have roseaca and never had a problem with making pores bigger. I only use the blue delicate head. No it does not push your foundation into your pores. In fact cleanse your face and then use the Clarisonic and you will be shocked at how much will still come out.

But its horses for courses, not everyone will love it. Its like a sonic toothbrush some people don't like them and will only use a manual brush.

What is EVOO, please? OK, it is part of the oil-based cleansing method, DOH, I use EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) on my legs every time I shower as I have a family history of varicose non-healing wounds and the latest research from Spain indicates that hyper-oxygenated fatty acids are extremely protective of the skin and EVOO is one of the best resources of this.

Last edited:
I bought my original Clarisonic about 2 years ago and love it. Bought the Mia last time is was a TSV and love that too. I keep one in the shower and one in the bathroom. In fact I think they are so good I bought todays TSV for my hubby for an extra xmas present.

I think if you are not sure then buy and try with your 30 day mbg. I think they are money well spent as I do not need anywhere near as much product to cleanse, moisturise etc. after using it so you save money in the long run.

I bought the Clarisonic plus last December (but not from QVC) as I wanted the paisley design one plus I got it at a good price. I was originally using the TreSonic one from QVC, but somehow did not get on with it - think it was because the brush heads were 'normal' ones. Anyway, I gave that to my Son and bought the Clarisonic and I use it once per day - sometimes in the evening and sometimes in the morning - I have tried using it twice a day, but not sure my skin likes that. I am sticking to the 'sensitive' brush heads. I enjoy using it and love the feeling of squeaky clean skin afterwards and it really does make your products sink it great. I also find that I am using a smaller amount of cleansing products too so although I still have to buy the brush heads, I am saving with all my cleansing products including moisturiser too.

Latest posts

Back