Claire - Just Heard It All

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
I know Claire gets a bad press on here, though I don't usually find her a problem, in fact I've found her presentation of jewellery most importantly very informative.

I though have heard it all in the NN hour just, she had been talking of having a good wash at home of pillows, duvets etc. and in the process loosing which was her very own pillow.
Anyway later whilst presenting a duvet, she talks of realizing during the clean that one of her children hasn't got such a nice duvet at all, it's stiff and hard.
Commenting it has hit her now, that's why on going to bed when she kisses her good night, the childs duvet is on the floor.
So it's something she must quickly sort out for her.

Someone else must be making the childs bed then, whilst Claire's outside in her gypsy caravan :down:

I wouldn't begrudge her home help with the chores and even the child minding. She has chosen a job that isn't especially child friendly so that's really the only solution and given that her eldest is a Down's syndrome child having help may enable her to have more time with all her children.

Well said, Vampyre. I have a child with special needs, and if I was working outside the home-especially the unsocial hours of QVC (which I did do when he was much younger and less mobile) I would need help, certainly.

I think Claire's husband is a very hands on dad and probably does his fair share of bed-making. Quite right too.:sun:

I'm childless but I know a lot of Down's people. .They aren't always lovely and they definitely require a lot of attention so anything that helps a parent give time to all the children of a family is fine with me. It's just sad that only the lucky can afford help, I'd like every family to have the best chances of happiness.

Totally unrelated but years ago in a supermarket a young man turned round to let me get past him in the aisle and the poor love had obviously undergone surgery to correct his down's features. I felt like I had been physically struck, I'd heard of it but never seen it. Broke my heart tbh.

What's wrong with having a childminder and cleaner if you're in a well paid job? She's merely spreading the wealth.

I've misunderstood her having care for a child with Down Syndrome and learning difficulties.

I thought Dan ran his own landscape business, I hadn't realized he was so hands on caring for the children.

As well I'm not begrudging Claire any help at all.

It was just as a Mum I was just shocked she was totally unaware that her child could be cold in bed due to her poor duvet.

I stand corrected thank you.

:mysmilie_487: :mysmilie_477:

I don't think you should beat yourself up, Bags! To be honest, perhaps she should sack her cleaner! I would WANT to know if my kid's duvet was so minging that it almost stood up on it's own! Claire is quite an upbeat lady, though, so perhaps she is more forgiving and tolerant of her staff/helpers than I would be. Whilst she drives me insane sometimes, I have come to the conclusion that she is totally genuine and what we see on screen is the real Claire. Cheerful, glad to be alive and grateful for her family.

Do you not think it's all part of the sales ploy?. No doubt there were parents out there watching suddenly wondering if their little dears needed a quilt upgrade and jumping to the phones to order. I very much doubt the quilt was that appalling.

Do you not think it's all part of the sales ploy?. No doubt there were parents out there watching suddenly wondering if their little dears needed a quilt upgrade and jumping to the phones to order. I very much doubt the quilt was that appalling.

I agree. I don't think for a minute any of Claires children are about to freeze because they don't have a NN duvet.

I know I would have and did say it when my duvet lost its oomph when I was wee and I was terribly timid so I agree about the planting the question rather than accurately relating things. My poor Mother was taken in by hollow fill hypo allergenic carp and the fibres used break up quickly giving you a lumpy duvet that was chilly. (I'm always freezing btw)

I know I would have and did say it when my duvet lost its oomph when I was wee and I was terribly timid so I agree about the planting the question rather than accurately relating things. My poor Mother was taken in by hollow fill hypo allergenic carp and the fibres used break up quickly giving you a lumpy duvet that was chilly. (I'm always freezing btw)[/QUOTE]

Get your thyroid checked vampyre.

It's autoimmune Nigella*, whole heap of immune things which the medical profession can conveniently lump together.

* I always tack on /Nigella in my head when I see your name. It's not just my immune system that's wonky :giggle:

It's autoimmune Nigella*, whole heap of immune things which the medical profession can conveniently lump together.

* I always tack on /Nigella in my head when I see your name. It's not just my immune system that's wonky :giggle:

But thyroid disorders come under autoimmune conditions vampyre, have you had a second opinion? I was fobbed off with every virus under the sun for 7 years before I was diagnosed.

Ranunculaceae doesn't roll of the tongue like Nigella, but Buttercup does lol!

But thyroid disorders come under autoimmune conditions vampyre, have you had a second opinion? I was fobbed off with every virus under the sun for 7 years before I was diagnosed.

Ranunculaceae doesn't roll of the tongue like Nigella, but Buttercup does lol!

I just try to avoid doctors now, they've never brought me any joy.

I know virtually nothing about flora, why or how I know this is a mystery.

I can forgive Claire not realising sooner about why the duvet was always on the floor, as plenty of kids kick off their sheets in the night...and the answer is thick pjs and socks I found!

Mind you, this duvet incident is chicken feed compared to that time Pippa said she'd forgotten her Childs first birthday. I couldn't decide how anyone could be so heartless to forget that - or so stupid as to admit it Live on air.:taphead:

I can forgive Claire not realising sooner about why the duvet was always on the floor, as plenty of kids kick off their sheets in the night...and the answer is thick pjs and socks I found!

Mind you, this duvet incident is chicken feed compared to that time Pippa said she'd forgotten her Childs first birthday. I couldn't decide how anyone could be so heartless to forget that - or so stupid as to admit it Live on air.:taphead:

It was probably said to show that she is normal, and a bit ditsy. Another sales ploy. I'm sure the one year old wouldn't know anything about it.

I do not know how old Claire's children are but is it not possible that they actually make their own beds as part of their chores?

Latest posts

Back