Chuntley has done it again!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

helena

Registered Shopper
Well, she's done it again, will she ever learn?
After the long thread about the time she presented a show with Tova and got quite hysterical about a pair of earrings, begging somebody to order them for her before they sell out, she's done it again. Doesn't she ever read the forum or does somebody have to tell her.
This time it was with L'Una Silver by RFMAS. The very nice chap was showing his jewellery which she was absolutely going overboard for [?] and then started to get excited about some piece of cord with a silver 'polo mint' in the middle. "Please producer, order this for me, I'll pay you back..." and so on.
She was slated on here previously for her unprofessionalism with Tova and the earrings when she knew full well she would probably either be given or have use of them anyway like they all do. [Do you really think that Alison Young BUYS all that Lola Rose she wears? No, I don't think so].
Please Chuntley, sort out your manners and that droopy voice, you can be more annoying than the slurping, snorting Franks sometimes [and that's saying something]!

I should not think for one min that QVC actually minds that she - or any other presenter for that matter, actually say thinks like that. It encourages people to think of the item as really good and indeed "aspirational", a word I hate.
The have had a calender done with them in it, maybe they are starting to think of themseleves as celebrities?
Come to think of it do they not have a promo at times about thinks the presenters recommend?

When I saw the thread title I thought she had done something terrible , disgusting or both.
What an anti climax to find all she had done was ask for a pair of earings to be ordered. A few of the presenters say the same thing to the directors .

When I saw the thread title I thought she had done something terrible , disgusting or both.
What an anti climax to find all she had done was ask for a pair of earings to be ordered. A few of the presenters say the same thing to the directors .

She does seem to do it more than anyone else though. Her presenter recommendations are usually diamonique. Do we think she actually wears fake diamonds???

The Tova thread was long enough previously. Thought I'd just comment on how it has happened again. She obviously isn't aware how irritating she sounds.
Most of the presenters go on about, I've got this, I've got that but she just whines I want, I want like a child in a toy shop.

Have to admit, if I was presenting items I really liked and hadn't seen properly previous to the show, I would probably be the same! I think it shows how 'normal' she is to be honest. She loves her shopping, like me, and at least she is enthusiastic about the products - leave her be! I try not to contribute to these threads dissing presenters anymore, as I wouldn't dream of dissing people in real life, so why on here? But, in the true spirit of Christmas, let's have a presenter dissing amnesty for a few days eh?!! :mysmilie_459:

P.S. Why are there no Christmas smilies? :mysmilie_476:

Surely it's better that she asks someone to buy them on her behalf than to be expecting freebies?
For some people, it seems, Catherine can do no right.

For what its worth I think she is a nice young lady, and a decent presenter, imo there are bigger sins than liking jewellery. I could understand people getting upset if she was asking someone to buy diamonds on her behalf , as far as I can remember it was only a cheap corded bracelet.

I think with the Tova incident people on here got a bit narked because the item was showing limited stock at the time, not that it bothered me tbh. I would think it was good for business that the presenters enthuse about the products so much that they'd actually like to buy them for themselves, can't see a problem with it, as well as being a presenter, she is also a customer. Perhaps if she was asking them to put aside 3 or 4 pairs then perhaps that could be seen as a bit "naughty". What surprises me it that the presenters don't seem to get a sneak preview before they go on air.

.....and whilst were here I agree can we leave poor Catherine alone for a while, think she's had more than her fair share of critisism on here to last her a lifetime, and it's not as if anything "newly annoying" about her has been discovered. Personally, I love her enthusiasm...long may it continue!

Merryone they do get to see what's coming up in their shows, I've often heard them talk about 'prepping' their items beforehand so they have oodles of time to order. I find the artifice of presenters pretending they've lost out on an item because it's sold out extremely irritating, do they think we are bunch of idiots not to see through it?? Chuntley isn't the only one to do it but she's by far the worst and comes over as very insincere, which of course they all are to some degree.
mysmilie_55.gif

She does seem to do it more than anyone else though. Her presenter recommendations are usually diamonique. Do we think she actually wears fake diamonds???

yep cos she aint got no real ones :cheeky:..sorry BM couldnt resist that one.....

merry christmas to all or happy hanukkah or just have a good holiday......

My gripe is that in the time spent trying to get someone to purchase the item on her behalf; she isn’t actually describing the product in detail to the customer, which surely is her job to do, no?

As PPC mentioned they do prepping beforehand, so she could have put an order in before the show, if she genuinely liked the item that much.

I quite like her! Just goes to show we are different - for me she's one of the more "watchable" of the QVC presenters!

Merryone they do get to see what's coming up in their shows, I've often heard them talk about 'prepping' their items beforehand so they have oodles of time to order. I find the artifice of presenters pretending they've lost out on an item because it's sold out extremely irritating, do they think we are bunch of idiots not to see through it?? Chuntley isn't the only one to do it but she's by far the worst and comes over as very insincere, which of course they all are to some degree.
mysmilie_55.gif

ITS ALL A CON !!!!!

OF COURSE THEY SEE BEFOREHAND WHAT THEY ARE PRESENTING ! -- How many times have we heard about the famous "trolley" with all the items on ready for the show for heavens sake !

They are ALL glorified shop assistants, they are there to SELL by any means possible or their contract would not be renewed. AND DONT FORGET, would these ex dancers get a job on a shopping tele if they couldn't ACT !!!!!

Latest posts

Back