Christmas sweaters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
Have you noticed that there are festive sweaters everywhere all of a sudden? Now I have always liked everything Christmassy but people have mocked me in the past. Now though there is fairisle, motif and bright red everywhere.

I can remember back to when Colin Firth wore his Christmas sweater in the Bridget Jones film. I commented that I would knit one like that for someone if they liked to which they replied, "over my dead body". Now though, men young and old are being seen in their reindeer, snowman and santa sweaters. Jai McDowell wore a lovely red and white fairisle one on his television appearance.

So it just goes to prove that you should stick to your guns and wear whatever you like and makes you feel good because what is taboo one year will be in fashion the next and what is so passe this season will surely make a comeback one day.

I had the worst Christmas of all by the way.

Awwww (((((GG)))))) I'm sorry to hear your Christmas wasn't so good.

Maybe you need to knit a good ole reindeer sweater just to make you feel better - it doesn't have to be for anyone! Have you got a teddy, you could knit your teddy one? I have a teddy who is as old as me and I reckon he'd look right handsome in a Reindeer or Fair Isle knit :giggle:

Knitting is a good way to relieve stress isn't it? Once I've finished my uni course and now I've got my new varifocals
580952.gif
I think I'll test them and do some knitting
689304.gif

22455.gif

Last edited:
(((gem genie))) i did too :(( i looked in here but didn't seem to be anyone around :(

i agree about wearing what you like and taboo things coming back - after so many of us sporting the michelin man look in the 80's, whoever thought leggings would make a comeback?? :eek:

I am so sorry you did not have a nice Christmas, but you are right, wear what you like and enjoy Christmas sweaters if that is what you like wearing :clapping:

I'm so sorry GG and Janie to hear that you had a rotten Christmas. I hovered around here for a while too but all seemed very quiet. Hope everything improves for you both.

Aw, sorry to hear your Christmas wasn't good, GG. :sad:

Here are some handsome blokes to cheer you up:

epic-christmas-sweater-guy.jpg

sweater-50s-lg.jpg

christmas-sweater-green.jpg

Good to see the motif knitwear making a come back. My sister used to work for a company that used to make them, our family used to have some great ones. Happy memories.

sorry to hear about the rotten Christmas GG and J, not good to be having a bad time when the emphasis is on "fun". Agree about the jumpers, suddenly they are everwhere. Last Christmas (2010) one of the young ones on my team at work was wearing a festive knit in a somewhat ironic way and because she is slim and very pretty it looked good. She carried it off really well and it did not look naff at all but she is one of those lucky people who would look good in a bin liner.

Latest posts

Back