Charlie Brook bangle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good grief whatever next?! Simon Biagi cheese boards, Chloe Everton pie butties, Dale Franklin syrups, Fibby Flint weight loss books..........oh wait! :mysmilie_17:

Wow £328.02 for a sterling silver bangle with diamond chips.I deleted my previous post because the similar bangle I found was£65 but for children(or those with small wrists) Before spending a lot on this I suggest anyone tempted has a look around.This place has some lovely things at various prices.You can get gold for the price of Charlie's bracelet.

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/c/Jewellery/Bracelets/

Last edited:
How much for a silver PLATED bangle? Talking about taking the piss.

They have a 'Speed Buy' button. You have to be on ****** Speed and a penny short in the head t to buy this piece of junk!

Doesn't this bangle tie in with his earlier jewellery effort - the pendant with the heart and diamond pieces encased in glass? It's not on the website right now, but there have been a couple of versions of it which have sold out, and maybe it's still not in stock.

So they now have 4 presenter-"designers" : Alison Young was the first, with her stonking diamonique ring which is also now in diamond; Alison Keenan with her BCC range and a watch; Catherine Huntley emphasising her love of all things Welsh has designed for Clogau; and then Charlie Brook with his hearts filled with diamonds.

Who is next, enquiring minds want to know?

Doesn't this bangle tie in with his earlier jewellery effort - the pendant with the heart and diamond pieces encased in glass? It's not on the website right now, but there have been a couple of versions of it which have sold out, and maybe it's still not in stock.

So they now have 4 presenter-"designers" : Alison Young was the first, with her stonking diamonique ring which is also now in diamond; Alison Keenan with her BCC range and a watch; Catherine Huntley emphasising her love of all things Welsh has designed for Clogau; and then Charlie Brook with his hearts filled with diamonds.

Who is next, enquiring minds want to know?
It will be JF with a gold plated EEK encrusted bulldog clip. :mysmilie_17:

This has got to be a joke...the diamond chips would be practically valueless and the bangle itself only Sterling Silver for heaven's sake. They really do think that the approach of the "Gifting Season" is a licence to print money, don't they? Not that I buy anything from them anyway, but having had a bad experience buying a piece of jewellery some years ago (hence, I said "Never, Ever, Again" and have kept to it) I would not trust them with a jewellery purchase - and certainly wouldn't spend that on a silver bangle when, as you've said, there are better things elsewhere, much cheaper.

Wow £328.02 for a sterling silver bangle with diamond chips.I deleted my previous post because the similar bangle I found was£65 but for children(or those with small wrists) Before spending a lot on this I suggest anyone tempted has a look around.This place has some lovely things at various prices.You can get gold for the price of Charlie's bracelet.

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/c/Jewellery/Bracelets/

It's not an elegant looking bangle, looks really heavy a bulky, even though it is hollowed out. There's nothing on the website to say how heavy it actually is. Say what you will about TJC and Gemporia at least they give the metal weight of their jewellery.

I agree. It's taking the p*ss. There wouldn't be any sales if people were not so gullible or clueless about the proper value of these items of 'jewellry'.

It symptomatic of the instant credit culture we live in. My parents and grandparents didn't have a lot of money so they had to be totally sure what they were buying was indeed worth it's value. As a kid, I remember trudging up and down the hgh streets on many Saturdays with my parents, viewing and trying out the products and looking for the best deals.

I don't think many people today are nearly so fastidious and companies like QVC can easily sell low quality items at premium prices.

So true. No credit then for the Average Joe and my parents did their homework and thought long and hard before buying a big item for the home, but I think for some people that "shop around" mentality has gone, even though the internet makes it easier than our parents could have ever dreamed. If you factor in couples who are both working, those who can't or won't use a computer, those people who have mobility problems, etc. you have the ready-made audience - and Q (and others like them) can't resist the opportunity to reflect this in their prices. But there's making a profit and sheer exploitation in my book, and this is a total rip-off (as Q's resident 'jewellery expert' Charlie Brooke must realise himself, although of course it's all part of the job!). In the past I've bought silver pieces of Rachael Galley jewellery from TJC, and the silver weight of some of the earlier items was incredible (can't speak for the current ones, as I've not bought any lately) and she is upfront with how much silver there is in the piece. One of her rings I bought in a TJC sale is over 8 grams of silver, and it was £17.99, reduced from £29.99! The items are solidly made, and I've e-mailed her own website with a couple of queries - all dealt with quickly and professionally and re-sizing of a ring offered at no additional charge! Somehow, I don't think you'd get that kind of service with Q, and why are they so reluctant to tell you the silver weight? And the "diamond chips" are emphasised, but these are worth little or nothing - they won't be graded diamonds, just leftovers.

I agree. It's taking the p*ss. There wouldn't be any sales if people were not so gullible or clueless about the proper value of these items of 'jewellry'.

It symptomatic of the instant credit culture we live in. My parents and grandparents didn't have a lot of money so they had to be totally sure what they were buying was indeed worth it's value. As a kid, I remember trudging up and down the hgh streets on many Saturdays with my parents, viewing and trying out the products and looking for the best deals.

I don't think many people today are nearly so fastidious and companies like QVC can easily sell low quality items at premium prices.

Last edited:
I may be wrong but didn't Miss Julia design at least 1 piece, I seem to remember a ring.

Yes a while back she also did, well I say "she" but it was just something QVC put her name to, she had a ring made in her honour to celebrate (or commiserate which ever way you look at it) her twentieth year at QVC, one option was a clear diamonbleek, and the other was a green coloured option, which I always found odd as her favourite colour was purple, or so she always stressed, but they weren't around long though because they were soon chucked on clearance/last clicks. So oops! not as many "fans" as QVC thought then eh? :mysmilie_17:

Trouble is for a lot of people it is a throwaway society. Before I retired some of the young girls brought Primark clothes and jewellery for a night out and chucked them out the next day. We bought a new microwave and was told they didn't do extended warranty as they are considered cheap enough to replace after the 12 months warranty has expired if they break down.

Latest posts

Back