Charlie Bears - Wincing while watching!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't mind the bears ~ in fact some of them are lovely. I'm not a collector (too much dust too much stuff) but I can see the appeal. What I don't get is the two weirdos who come on with the bears. They're quite nauseating, patronising and downright creepy.

another charlie bears show, another pointless thread....still you managed to find the remote...more than most previous...congrats
and yes, before people say this, my reply to this thread is at least as pointless as the original post
and yes, i do indeed just have 2 posts...both pretty much saying the same thing...but what can i say, ive met them both many times and theyre both nice etc etc...im sure theyd love everything that is said of them on here though :up:

Why are you here? I'm not saying you shouldn't be but clearly you have no interest in anything shopping TV related except defending these two. Are they paying you? If not, I suggest you might be happier on a Charlie bears fan site.

Last edited:
I had a deja vu Tova & Ernie moment.....but less classy and more furry! :sad:

OMG you just reminded me of that wonderful CSI Vegas episode "Fur and Loathing" - the one with all the weirdos who dress in animal costumes, the "furries" and the "plushies", all grooming each other and doing naughty things to each other in the "fur pile"! Love that episode!

Why are you here? I'm not saying you shouldn't be but clearly you have no interest in anything shopping TV related except defending these two. Are they paying you? If not, I suggest you might be happier on a Charlie bears fan site.

Do you think we might have a troll in our midst?

Gemma I think you may have a point about the poster it does seem a rather strange and rambling post.

Do you think we might have a troll in our midst?

No. I think we have someone with a wonky sense of responsibility who doesn't realise that the CB couples "niceness" in real life is not in question. What IS in question is their hideous (in my own opinion) TV persona.

The chippy they are referring to, and mentioned by name, is actually very famous in it's own right as being one of the best in England & people have been flocking there for years.

I'm sure they have, but Im not convinced anyone would go because its where these two went for their first date, are you? :giggle:

Is it The Magpie they are talking about? If so, yum yum yum is all I can say!

I did wonder, it's very well known in the north and you may have to queue outside just to get a table. However there's also another popular fish restaurant in Whitby, opposite the train station, called Trenchers. More modern and they did use to have Molton Brown toiletries in their posh restrooms!

What was this thread about again? Oh yes, I don't mind watching Charlie Bears shows, find them quite relaxing and can't understand folks getting so het up each time it's on. Still each to their own......:smirk:

Yes, they did mention the Magpie by name & said they sat on the harbour to eat them.

There is something slightly odd about that man and woman talking about the bears. I wonder if they go to swingers' clubs or something!? Just something about them!

I would like to know what kind of a profit the bears will make as collectables. Do they compare with Steiff and other bears we see on the Antiques shows? What I mean is , is someone buying these today going to be passing on something of value for the future?

Impossible to predict. Remember the beanie babies that sold for silly money on ebay at the height of that craze, people buying tag pretectors and special storage boxes. Now the bottom has dropped out of that market and I can't give away the ones my kids had at car boot sales!

Only buy what you'll enjoy owning yourself. Just calling something "collectable" doesn't make it so!

Jude xx

Impossible to predict. Remember the beanie babies that sold for silly money on ebay at the height of that craze, people buying tag pretectors and special storage boxes. Now the bottom has dropped out of that market and I can't give away the ones my kids had at car boot sales!
Some of the older Beanies still fetch a pretty price.

Oooooh, I'll have a look in the attic, I've got quite a collection of ty beanies up there but I agree, I'll be very lucky if I've actually got one worth more than 50p lol.
Well worth checking tho, thanks.
Charlie Brooks & his bear hour with that couple was the 1st thread I did on here ahh takes me back to Oct.
I saw the presentation with Debbie F & tbh she did a good job. Talked about the fabric & articulation & why some were more expensive than others. It's just when Charlie Brooks does them he goes off like someone who needs psychiatric help, especially with the couple egging him on & adding to the mindless drivel! I couldn't switch over straight away as it was classic disaster TV. Some of the bears are actually very appealing so does Charlie really need to pretend they're talking back to him, giving them personalities, I mean REALLY??!

Oooooh, I'll have a look in the attic, I've got quite a collection of ty beanies up there but I agree, I'll be very lucky if I've actually got one worth more than 50p lol.
Well worth checking tho, thanks.
Charlie Brooks & his bear hour with that couple was the 1st thread I did on here ahh takes me back to Oct.
I saw the presentation with Debbie F & tbh she did a good job. Talked about the fabric & articulation & why some were more expensive than others. It's just when Charlie Brooks does them he goes off like someone who needs psychiatric help, especially with the couple egging him on & adding to the mindless drivel! I couldn't switch over straight away as it was classic disaster TV. Some of the bears are actually very appealing so does Charlie really need to pretend they're talking back to him, giving them personalities, I mean REALLY??!

I find it cringey no matter who is presenting. Luckily i have a remote,which is getting used more and more lately.

I would like to see Julia do a charlie bears show, im sure she will still manage to mention her book in the hr thou

They'll have that bear who was sitting on the deck chair with a copy open, then pretend he's talking about the contents of it whilst reading with the utmost of concentration lol.

Personally I think they are both astute business people who are making a very lucrative living flogging bears and cuddly toys. I think the soppy act is just that - a soppy act.

Wish I'd thought of it first! :envy:[/QUOTE

I concur 100%. I have Rhubarb and Crumble and don't think the quality is there, so wouldn't buy from this range again. I always turn off when these two are on as, like some other posters have commented, they just don't ring true as a couple in love. But there is nothing wrong, imo, in maximising the potential to make a business a success and achieve as many sales as possible. If people are too blind to realise they are being played, and buy the bears, they are buying them because they want to, and it is their own money (hopefully) to spend as they please. People will only believe what they want to allow themselves to believe. Charlie and Will know they have a huge following on QVC, and how they managed tp persuade people to fall in love with their bears; why change a winning formula?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back