Charlie Bears TSV - 25/6/13 - any ideas?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grandpa Flump and his Flumpet!! I think they're very cute. Won't be able to bring myself to watch though - not without a bucket handy.

No I don't like the guests.I really must not watch this tomorrow.In reality what am I going to do with a £50 bear??? (particularly as I have just spent £22 in the body shop online sale!!) it will just be a dust collector in a room but I really do like them

Charlie Bears Collectable Grandparent 16" Plush Bear
Item Number: 701965
QVC Price £52.00
Today's Special Value Price £42.96
P&P: £5.95

Grandma or Grandpa bear from Charlie Bears. Designed especially for QVC, these collectable bears are handmade from soft, mid-pile plush, with embroidered features and each wearing glasses and other cute accessories. Make a wonderful addition to your Charlie Bears collection with the adorable Grandma or Grandpa bear.

How can you possibly choose? - make your choice between the charming Grandma or Grandpa bears, or take this opportunity to snap them both up at a great price, because it's so hard to choose!

Grandma bear option - this lovely character wears a pair of glasses, a chequered head scarf and a shawl with button detail.

Grandpa bear option - this cute bear features lighter coloured fur depicting a moustache and he wears a pair of glasses, a chequered flat cap and a waistcoat with button detail.

Faux suede paw pads
Fully jointed
Hand-embroidered nose and mouth
Supplied with a poem and burgundy branded bag
Suitable for ages three and over
Height: 44cm (17.3")

Behind the brand
Charlie Bears was founded by keen bear enthusiasts Charlie and Will Morris in 2005 and they launched their first collection in 2006. Since this time every little creation from Charlie Bears has been lovingly handmade with the greatest attention to detail.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...word=701965&uattrmb=&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

CLEVER CLEVER CLEVER marketing ploy ! very few customers are going to buy just the one - cant have one without the other. Plus the bench - nearly
£150 in total !!! multiply by 2000 (limited edition) - oooooooh telephone numbers profits !!!!

Grab 'em while you can, because before long, no-one will be able to stereo type grandma and granddad looking like that, - it will be a pilates outfit and golfing sweater !!!!!

Oh dear, another QVC day to avoid. Each to their own, but personally I just don't understand the attraction. The presenters I find so annoying for one thing. She is pleasant enough, but needs a good slap and to grow up. But him! Built like an irish navvy and talking baby talk - lickle wappbit I heard early this morning.

Also turning the bear's heads and making them wave so that they appear human is horrible to me. In general I don't like the humanising of any animal I find it all a bit creepy - the Cocoa cola Christmas polar bears for instance.

The range seems nice enough for children, but I just don't understand adults collecting teddy bears or soft toys. But as I said before - each to their own.

I don't like them as much as I thought I would.I'd be tempted my grandpa if I ever saw him on OTO or some real spectacular deal.I agree that they're hoping so many people will buy these as a pair.

My money is quite safe today, not that I don't like the bears ...I just can't watch the guests, imo their selling spiel is sick inducing...

Smarmy Brooks was the worst last nite , saying there were all shaking with excitement. Each to there own but I cant believe people would spend almost £50 on a bear and of course there encouraging everyone to buy both, words fail me sometimes :wonder:

You could buy a full size bench for your garden for less than £60 :wonder:

£18 postage cost for the bears and bench..oh well did not sell. maybe the bear shows will be no more..

Did they not go down too well then?! I saw they were pulled from the early evening shows.....even with charlie brooks trying to dress *grandma* in a variety of ways......"you don't have to keep her shawl on.....you can change her headscarf" and put a turban on her.All smacks of the viewers didn't like the image!

Did they not go down too well then?! I saw they were pulled from the early evening shows.....even with charlie brooks trying to dress *grandma* in a variety of ways......"you don't have to keep her shawl on.....you can change her headscarf" and put a turban on her.All smacks of the viewers didn't like the image!

A black bin bag over her head would have looked better IMO :thinking:

Latest posts

Back