Centigrade - opinions please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

woodster

Registered Shopper
I am on the look out for a reasonably priced 3/4 length coat just for general everyday use. I saw item number 137465 on tv recently and it looked really nice in the pale grey. I am a bit dubious after reading the reviews on the website, has anyone got any opinions on Centigrade? Thanks

This coat got good comments on the forum a few weeks ago although I think some people had a problem with the buttons falling off. I have a Centegrade jacket and I am very happy with it. Hope that helps.

I've had two coats now from Centigrade and been really happy with them. Both have worn really well and will soon be coming back out again.

Have got faux shearling x2 styles, couple of courdoroy jackets, a three quarter coat, a leather jacket and one of their washable suede ones....yep I'd go for it. The sizings are generous, and the finish is brilliant considering the reasonable costs. I should by now have every weather eventuality covered, but I am sure I will find some more outwear that I NEED.

I've also had two Centigrade lightweight 3/4 length coats - a blue tweedie one which was a TSV a few years ago and more recently a raincoat. I wouldn't say they are top quality, but they are very good value and have been much admired.

I love my three Centigrade coats - with one on the way! What I would say is that before ordering check the specific measuremets for each coat because while I am normally a 20-22 and am great with an XL in one style, I needed a 3X in another!

i have 2 centigarde coats and the quality is really good specially the one that was a tsv this time last year i got it in chocolate with the fur collar that to be honest is better than the dennis basso coats that i had to return on 2 occassions

I love my three Centigrade coats - with one on the way! What I would say is that before ordering check the specific measuremets for each coat because while I am normally a 20-22 and am great with an XL in one style, I needed a 3X in another!

That's a good point actually. I am a 12-14 and fit comfortably in the Small for one of my coats, but the Large (ordered after looking at the reviews on the website) is quite cosy on me in the other. I do think that on one hand, it is ludicrous that someone of average build should be able to fit into Small (what do the genuinely small people do?), but equally I bought the largest size that the raincoat (139441, now in Last Clicks - I paid full price :53:) was available in, so that item effectively isn't any good for the curvier half of the population.

I have a few Centigrade coats and they are brilliant good value too, I have the one your interested in and a couple of buttons did fall off but, stitched them back on again with no probs :)

I've got the coat that you're after Woodster, and got it when it was the TSV last Xmas in the grey colour. I've been very pleased with it, no problems with buttons as yet. It's a bit more lightweight that i thought it was going to be but it's great as you can wear it as either a funnel neck or as a smart coat with the collar down.

I was disappointed with the last Centigrade purchase I made which was a parka - it was so thin and totally unsuitable for Autumn and it cost £41! I've seen better stuff on the market. So that went straight back - but the coat you're after is a good one and I'm not disappointed with mine at all.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I have been umming and ahhing for a fortnight now, so have decided to go for it.

Hellow Woodster, I've got a full length faux shearling with the faux fur lining, and a fringed suede jacket. Love them both, great value, and get lots of good comments on them.

:doggie:

well i have a few of theeir leather coats....the quality of the leather is very good indeed esp considering the price point......they have seen me through several seasons & will be coming out again soon.....i give them 10/10 & would happily buy more....sadly i dont personally have the faux shearlings BUT i have a friend that does & shes think its great & no buttons falling off......

I have a brown faux shearling which is great but ordered the white funnel neck coat and pop straight off came the buttons. Now qvc were brilliant and explained that it was a fault and arranged prompt collection. What i really can not understand is how some people have wrote that they sewed the buttons on and it was fine ???? How many people would go to Marks and Spencer or any other shop, spend money on a coat and when 4 buttons come off before they have even wore it, say " oh well, just get my needle and thread out, no problem"? this annoys me. How can people expect them to sort out faults if they dont return it ? You do not have to pay to return it and a courier will collect it from your front door so why do you put up with shoddy goods ?

I was even told on here i was complaining for nothing and told to sew the buttons on ?
what a load of rubbish !
I am not paying for half finished goods or stuff that is not fit for purpose and this is half the trouble in the UK is people are afraid to complain for fear of being a nuisance !
There is no way in a million years people in the USA would accept shoddy goods so why shouldnt we complain ?

I have a brown faux shearling which is great but ordered the white funnel neck coat and pop straight off came the buttons. Now qvc were brilliant and explained that it was a fault and arranged prompt collection. What i really can not understand is how some people have wrote that they sewed the buttons on and it was fine ???? How many people would go to Marks and Spencer or any other shop, spend money on a coat and when 4 buttons come off before they have even wore it, say " oh well, just get my needle and thread out, no problem"? this annoys me. How can people expect them to sort out faults if they dont return it ? You do not have to pay to return it and a courier will collect it from your front door so why do you put up with shoddy goods ?

I was even told on here i was complaining for nothing and told to sew the buttons on ?
what a load of rubbish !
I am not paying for half finished goods or stuff that is not fit for purpose and this is half the trouble in the UK is people are afraid to complain for fear of being a nuisance !
There is no way in a million years people in the USA would accept shoddy goods so why shouldnt we complain ?
Totally agree with you , well said

Trust me if my buttons come off, I won't be getting needle and thread out. I'm with you on that one Pinkearplugs!

Latest posts

Back