CDs on QVC : sealed or not ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Baby Love

Registered Shopper
When you receive a brand new CD from QVC, is it sealed in shrink wrap or only in its CD box ?

I've just received my new Michael Bolton double CD but there was no plastic shrink wrap, it wasn't sealed at all !
Is it normal ? :confused:

:flower::flower:

intersting point actually cos they are about to launch Stephanie Weigthman's craft CD's - My Craft Studio and with IW if you break the wrapping then you can't send them back! Perhaps that's why they aren't wrapped!

Pretty much all the CDs I buy these days online don't come sealed. Quite handy when it's a pressie as I can copy it first!! Not that I would do that cos its ILLEGAL :angel::angel:

I have never bought CD's from QVC but got a CD from amazon yesterday and it wasnt wrapped.
I would prefer them to be wrapped and then you know they are brand new
but maybe retailers are doing this to save packaging, if this is the case maybe they could just put a seal over the edge

According to their on-air 30day MBG, presumably (even if sealed) you can listen to the CD and then return it if you don't like it.

Otherwise, it should say clearly in the T&C's that you can't do this, and presenters should COMPLETELY STOP SAYING that everything you buy has a no-quibble 30day MBG.

BTW IW says clearly on air that you can't return unsealed CD's, and also various other items as well.

Maybe if you listen to more than half of it and then decide to return it, they will refuse your refund (see other thread)!

Maybe if you listen to more than half of it and then decide to return it, they will refuse your refund (see other thread)!

LOL.

But you have set me thinking!

CD's play from the inside outwards (towards the outer edge), the opposite direction from vinyl records.

Also, unlike vinyl records, they don't play at a constant speed. In fact, they play at 3 different speeds, the fastest near the centre, then slower in the middle, then slowest near the edge.

So USING half a CD would not be the same as listening to half of the music it contains.

I have yet to work out whether you would be able to listen to more or less than half of the music. Can anyone else work it out?

I bet you wish you hadn't suggested this now, LOL.

Latest posts

Back