Cashmasoft and CHuntley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just had a horrible 15 minutes !

Background : Last week I bought a cashmere jumper from M & S on-line with 25% disc. It's for Mum who has always admired them but wouldn't pay that much. Anyway she's 88 and I thought now or never and the discount sealed it. It's wrapped and under the tree.

Switched on QVC at 10am to hear Catherine saying how much better cashmasoft is than cashmere, how cashmere creases, doesn't wear well and can't be washed. I was so disappointed, my stomach sank and I was annoyed with myself for not checking these things out before I bought..

So I've looked at Mark's website and lo & behold the jumper is machine washable and it has 4.5 out of 5 score on 19 customer reviews.

I'm so annoyed. In a few words she completely rubbished cashmere.

Linda xx

not only that linda but she got you all in a panic about your lovely pressie for your mum. they really shouldn't be allowed to come out with outright lies. that's not sales pitch, it's lies and you may well have been not the only person with a similar reaction.

so why do we have the revitalash woman - AGAIN - in the cashmasoft hour???

I shouldn't pay much attention to what the presenters say when they are selling inferior products, imo cashmasoft is a cheap version of cashmere, nothing wrong with that... but you can't really expect it to be as good as the real thing. I think the cashmasoft on QVC looks very thin and cheap looking, I have never felt tempted, yet I have bought similar from M&S and been very pleased...

Some poor mare phoned in to speak to the Cashmesoft woman and Catherine, to be told they did not have time to take the call. This was approx 10.30/10.40am. They then finished the show 10 minutes early and we were told by the Revitalsh lady that it would be a great stocking filler! At £53 odd, a rather pricey one i would have thought.

I have a cashmere jumper from M&S and it washes really well. When it was new I washed it on the handwash programme on its own and then dried it flat but now it just gets bunged in with everything else on a 40 degree wash, is tumbled dried and still comes out lovely.

I have some of the M&S cashmere too and its lush!! Your mum will adore the feel of it so dont let QVC put you off your lovely gift!!

Catherine Huntley regularly comes out with a load of old cobblers. Wouldn't be seen dead in Cashmasoft.

Eric's Mum - cashmere is the very best there is, and they should be reported for talking rubbish like that. Sure your mum will be thrilled. Gotta be better than acryllic anytime.

WHO believes ANYTHING that CH says anyway ????

Exactly!
She's presenting the boots at the mo, wearing a pair of over the knee that she modelled for us.
She loves them!
She's going to get a pair.
I always wonder why she does not order before going to air ....
I've heard that line and others ad nauseam.

Hmmm I wonder what Ms Huntley would choose for herself given the choice between QVC synthetic and real cashmere?

I have several good quality cashmere sweaters and have always washed them using the handwash or silk programme in the washing machine with no problems. The only annoying thing about cashmere is that it does eventually 'bobble'.

Don't you think that they swap their sales patter depending on what they are flogging? I bet if CH was presenting a cashmere hour, she'd be saying something like "you can't beat the feeling of the genuine article". Shame that she put you in a panic Erics Mum, i'm sure your Mum will be thrilled with her cashmere from M&S ( like I was when I received one of their GENUINE cashmere jumpers last year!)

your mum deserves the best and the m&s cashmere is lovely. i am sure your mum will be very happy and snug in it!

Exactly!
She's presenting the boots at the mo, wearing a pair of over the knee that she modelled for us.
She loves them!
She's going to get a pair.
I always wonder why she does not order before going to air ....
I've heard that line and others ad nauseam.

Yeah, right :wink:- like those'll go nicely with her collection of £300 + Lulu G handbags.... don't think so....

Hmmm I wonder what Ms Huntley would choose for herself given the choice between QVC synthetic and real cashmere?

I have several good quality cashmere sweaters and have always washed them using the handwash or silk programme in the washing machine with no problems. The only annoying thing about cashmere is that it does eventually 'bobble'.

But so does Cashmasoft!!! I am wearing the ruffle cardigan which I bought last year. It is fine but it can't really be compared to the real thing and it has "pilled" rather than bobbled especially under the arms where it rubs. I think that a real cashmere sweater is a fantastic gift and, having tried both, there is no comparison.

Don't you think that they swap their sales patter depending on what they are flogging? I bet if CH was presenting a cashmere hour, she'd be saying something like "you can't beat the feeling of the genuine article". Shame that she put you in a panic Erics Mum, i'm sure your Mum will be thrilled with her cashmere from M&S ( like I was when I received one of their GENUINE cashmere jumpers last year!)

Exactly right LilacTree. She'd have been fainting with ecstacy at the luxury of the real thing. Cashmere is still a luxury and a special treat imo. I expect most people can buy their own cheap imitations but might think twice before buying cashmere for themselves so it's a very nice prezzie. I've got my OH an M&S one for Christmas and loved to buy cashmere for my beloved late mum. Older folks feel the cold more and cashmere is so soft and truly warm. The machine-wash labels are something quite new and I haven't risked it yet.

What a load of rubbish.....

Having also taken advantage of m&s offer I have just received the 100% cashmere poncho which was still £90 something with discount. It looks smart and luxurious.

A couple of weeks ago I thought I would try the qvc cashmere knock off tsv cardigan. Truly awful, cheap looking and not even worth the £21. Went straight back!

There is no competition

I hope your mum loves her cashmere, I am often to be found in M and S looking longingly at their cashmere stuff, it looks so classy and understated. I treated myself to a cashmere pashmina from amazon and it is divine, I wear it aroung my shoulders when I am reading in bed. It was a real bargain and I will be back for more.

When Q first had Cashmasoft I am ashamed to say I fell for the hype and ordered a long line cardi. It was hideous, thin, semi see through, poor quality and my local market would be ashamed to have it dangling limply from a hanger or flopping around in the "rummage" box where the real tat resides. I told then the same on the returns form!!

In the winter I wear cashmere pashminas practically every day. They keep me so warm and cost and look fab too. When I wrap it round me it's just so cosy no matter what I'm wearing with it. They are always marked as dry clean only but I wash them on the handwash cycle and have done several times. And I have a pale grey one and a pale pink one so they need to be washed.

The only thing I would say is that cashmere sweaters gothic thin at the elbow after a lot of wear and some cashmere sheds. I have a caramel pashmina that is a nightmare. I can't wear it
with my black wool coat. And it's exactly the same make and
style as the pink one and the pink one doesn't shed at all.

My pashminas get worn and chucked in my handbag or on the back of my chair and sometimes they get sat on but they don't stay creased.

I also have M&S cashmere cardis that are fab but they don't get the rough and tumble treatment that my pashminas do.

Nowt wrong with acrylic but it isn't cashmere.

I'm sure your mum will love her present.

Latest posts

Back