Caroline archer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Whenever she is on the Q, representing the LE brand, she talks about Liz, as if she is her friend, as well as her boss. But I would have though she was self employed. That being the case, who is she actually working for, when she comes on to the Q? Is it Liz? How can it be when Ms Earle no longer owns the company - both she and Kim Buckland resigned in september 2012 - and is not contracted for an annual 25 days? Or is it Avon? Most probable, is it QVC? Can we expect, therefore, to see LE on air again ever, as she has nothing to do with the business any longer?

I think Caroline comes under the LE umbrella, as a brand ambassador and also editor of their newsletter, as do the therapists, and Jennifer and Jenny when they also worked for LE. There used to be an older model called Dee, she also used to work for LE. There is/was another model who came on with them, not sure if she was Q or LE. The new beauty expert that has been on with Caroline the last few weeks is also LE. Like you I don't think Liz Earle herself will be appearing on Q again.

The lady that represented the brand when Caroline was on maternity leave was working for Sarah Chapman at the beauty bash (she was tall with wavy above shoulder hair)

So if LE hasn`t been involved since 2012 who has developed the new products since then and do it in the future? Can they be LE products then if she isn`t involved anymore?

I suppose Avon acquired the brand name as well as the company. Like Jo Malone still exists as a brand but she sold the company years ago to estee lauder I think it was.

Yes, Estee Lauder own Jo Malone for a good few years. But press releases etc give the illusion that its lovely Jo doing it all. No mention of Estee Lauder its all Jo Malone this or Jo Malone that. A professional perfumer is employed to create the fragrances for the last 6 or more years. Jo actually has different own brand of fragrances now called Jo Loves.

It will be the same with LE, Caroline the clone sitting on the sofa smiling and talking about the beloved Liz and her philosophy and products. Giving the cosy feel good vibe for selling Avon products. I mean there are still loads of people who do not know that Liz sold the company lock stock and barrel to Avon. Liz,Kim and her husband who started the brand long gone. The Botanist who created the famous products long gone.

I don't know why but there is a kind of sniffy atmosphere about these pages. Liz Earle started a company from her kitchen table that grew beyond anyone's expectations through good luck and sheer hard work. If she wanted to sell it and cash-out, good luck to her. I speak from experience when I say this. My father and I started a company in our spare bedrooms which grew beyond any expectation we ever had and consumed our lives 24/7. Eventually we couldn't carry on and sold our firm to a rival, we now act as Consultants and only deal with the stuff we want to. Good luck to Liz. If you don't like Avon, go buy something else..

I don't know why but there is a kind of sniffy atmosphere about these pages. Liz Earle started a company from her kitchen table that grew beyond anyone's expectations through good luck and sheer hard work. If she wanted to sell it and cash-out, good luck to her. I speak from experience when I say this. My father and I started a company in our spare bedrooms which grew beyond any expectation we ever had and consumed our lives 24/7. Eventually we couldn't carry on and sold our firm to a rival, we now act as Consultants and only deal with the stuff we want to. Good luck to Liz. If you don't like Avon, go buy something else..

I agree. I would have done the same in Liz Earle's shoes. I also buy Avon products from my friend who does it. I stopped buying Liz Earle a long time ago. I do think the "Liz Earle Beauty Co" is making a huge mistake if they have reformulated any of the products. The brand HAD a loyal following before.

I concur 100%. Liz and Kim used a bit of business savvy and, with financial incentives abound, sold their company. Nothing wrong with that, they worked hard to build it up and deserve, consequently, to benefit both themselves and their families from the fruits of that labour. But don't take the consumers for idiots; they are not. They are the reason Avon wanted to buy out the company.

'Liz Earle' is now a brand... it just happens to share a name with the former owner.

The brand will continue to evolve as the new owners decide on the direction they want it to take... that's just business.

Liza Earle started it then sold it - that's just the way it is.

I wonder if she also sold the company's ethos, eg that everything had to be natural, with it or are Avon now allowed to add whatever they want to products because there was no such clause in the contract?

I wonder if she also sold the company's ethos, eg that everything had to be natural, with it or are Avon now allowed to add whatever they want to products because there was no such clause in the contract?
I doubt it. If you place too many restrictions on a sale you won't get one. It is probably not easily enforceable in law.
I had a nutty acquaintance who had stripped the doors in her Victorian terrace. The prospective buyer mentioned that he would repaint them. My acquaintance refused his offer because of that and then had no further offers for 18 months!

Nothing sniffy about expressing an opinion or not agreeing with the majority. My mum used Avon on us 40 yrs ago ESP the big pink bubble bath. It brings back fond family memories, but does seem a tad old fashioned nowadays. I don't associate Avon with the small company ethos and ethics that LE promoted whenever I saw her on QVC. The recent guest continued to do so, it is questionable that those ethical considerations are relevant to a global concern like Avon. We. Can hope that the formulations of our favourite LE products will remain as they were but that seems unlikely.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with founding an independent business, making a success of it and then selling it on to a multinational, good business acumen deserves reward. However, Caroline and the brand clearly use the brands humble ethical beginnings as a sales ploy, when in reality the business does not exist in that form anymore. You can't blame Caroline/the brand for doing it because the general public love those sorts of buzzwords, but it is rather unpalatable.

It was recently mentioned here that the Instant Boost has changed. The natural ingredients that used to come first on the list now further down.

Yes Donna, you're right. They have removed the word Organic to describe the Aloe Vera in it. Apparently the supplier could no longer certify his Aloe Vera as organic, however LE still use them but can no longer call it organic following the loss of the suppliers certification.

If customers don't like the changes then they will vote with their wallets and move brands - simple as that.

As to the mention of humble beginnings - they aren't the only company to do that and they aren't lying when they say it, are they?

The Pataks adverts did the story of the boy delivering his mum's curry sauces to his neighbours, Baxters soups mentioned their family recipes... it's all about selling an image.

Liz Earle is a stuck-up Diva who made millions out of flogging overpriced bits of muslin! Admittedly her products were good, but then she sold out to Avon,like Tova sold out to QVC.

Does anyone remember the brand "Philosophy?" Their products used to have such a load of mumbo jumbo on the packaging it was hard to know what the products actually were! I'm sure that woman sold out too.

Latest posts

Back