carat weight

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

star234

Guest Shopper
Goodness, watching the launch of TSV whilst doing the ironing, but have to turn over as the women is driving me nuts with the excited tirade of the carat weight.
What does she want us to do???? Throw a party? Rip it out of the posties hands when he/she delivers and scream hurray the 90 000 carat weight necklace has arrived :20:

Tirade over:21: back to ironing (my life is sooo exhilarating lol)

I agree Star, it drives me barmy too! :rolleyes:
It's a lovely necklace, granted but it's only a jasper variant for gawd's sake! I don't know why QVC have to attach a 'carat weight' to everything - presumably if they picked up a shiny pebble from RJ's garden, drilled a hole in it & stuck it on a cord, that would be endowed with 300 ruddy carats or something as well?

I'm <s>old</s> old-fashioned maybe but back in what my children call 'the olden days' (pre-1960!), it was really mainly only the 'big four' that were given stated carat weights!
I remember my nan being quite dismissive of some of her cheaper jewellery pieces, as they were 'only amethysts' or 'only garnets', i.e. only semi-precious & anything less than that, e.g. the jet (funeral jewellery!) was only one step away from viewed as something you'd trodden in! lol
Attaching a carat weight to such items was viewed as pretentious in the extreme!

QVC do some lovely jewellery but I do wish they'd stop with all this carat weight nonsense, it just sounds stupid!

I totally agree - IMO, it's to sell more.

Why no carat weight for Lola Rose and Lee Sands???

Tis a marketing ploy to get the gullable to buy.

I agree Star, it drives me barmy too! :rolleyes:
It's a lovely necklace, granted but it's only a jasper variant for gawd's sake! I don't know why QVC have to attach a 'carat weight' to everything - presumably if they picked up a shiny pebble from RJ's garden, drilled a hole in it & stuck it on a cord, that would be endowed with 300 ruddy carats or something as well?

surely you mean carrots ?

Latest posts

Back