Caramel's baby's name

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tut tut pedant. You're just jel 'cos I'm the Gift of God and you're the Daughter of Darkness.

Bizarrely, the happy to be a Daughter of Darkness was given a name that means ray of (sun) light. Still it could be worse, I could have been called Luna.

Bizarrely, the happy to be a Daughter of Darkness was given a name that means ray of (sun) light. Still it could be worse, I could have been called Luna.

I have to say I disagreed with JR on Luna-gate. I quite like it . I like Una aswell, but only when pronounced Oonah. I don't like Eunice.

I have to say I disagreed with JR on Luna-gate. I quite like it . I like Una aswell, but only when pronounced Oonah. I don't like Eunice.

Una is quite a popular name in Ireland (uan means lamb) but the Irish word for dress is guna (goonah) which leads to endless show us your guna Una remarks during a lifetime.

For a girl I like Chardonnay, or Beaujolais, or Frascati.........I think a theme is developing! If I had a dog I'd call it Tanqueray :happy:

And look Nicky, we've been having a lovely chit chat about names. Despite your reservations.

Very feeble segue here Burlz but how do you feel about your initials being taken in vain to flog remarketed skincare/cosmetic goop? Do you approve of BB cream? (Bats eyelashes, puts on huge innocent eyes and awaits reply)

I seem to remember a few years ago Posh Spice saying that if she ever had a girl she would call her Luna. Next thing Frank Lampard's g/f gave birth to a girl and called her.......Luna. Posh went public with her pique.

I'm fascinated by some of the names parents bestow on their children. Silly meed-ya names or odd spellings of "normal" names can be cute on young kids but what happens if Chardonnay goes on to be a rocket scientist ? Ignatius will be ok if he becomes a Jesuit priest but not a firefighter.

I seem to remember a few years ago Posh Spice saying that if she ever had a girl she would call her Luna. Next thing Frank Lampard's g/f gave birth to a girl and called her.......Luna. Posh went public with her pique.
I quite like Harper now. Sort of suits the baby ......:happy:

Very feeble segue here Burlz but how do you feel about your initials being taken in vain to flog remarketed skincare/cosmetic goop? Do you approve of BB cream? (Bats eyelashes, puts on huge innocent eyes and awaits reply)

You know too much.........

Ignatious has every chance of making a comeback. I quite like it. The playground is full of old granny and grandad names that would have been ridiculed when I was at school .

I like strong, sensible names. They tend to be the more traditional ones. I don't mind if the name can be shortened as long as it's nice. I chose my daughter's name so if she wanted to be a brain surgeon when she grows up it would sound like she would be taken seriously. The anesthetist who was with me at her birth told me I wouldn 't want her to be a brain surgeon as he knows a few and they tend to be a bit weird!

Where do we stand on middle names? Personally I can't see the point. My sister has just given my niece two of the things!!

I hated my name as a child and considered it far too long. As an adult I love it. However, I think it scarred me as IF I ever had a child I would choose a short name.

Flynn is inoffensive. Not my taste but it's not bad, considering. Talking of chav names, I know of a Chanel.... :rolleyes: Even Coco would have been more acceptable! Oh and I love Harper. :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

My children have 2 middle names. My husband and all his siblings all have one short and very unimaginative name. We agreed that they could have a middle name and then I felt guilty that we should also give our son the family middle name that all the boys in my family, cousins, uncles, brothers... in honour of my grandfather. So his second name is in honour of my hudbands father ( he died a few years ago) and his third name is the family tradition on my side.

My daughter was only going to have 2 names until we realised she would complain at the inequality later! We imagined "why does HE have 3 names and I ONLY have 2!!". So she has 3 as well.

Forgot to say, in my job in child protection, you should hear some of the names these poor mites have been given. The names themselves are abusive!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back