car crash television

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My opinion is, like him or hate him Simon has a right to be annoyed about the way some presenters including Chloe belittle his products and don't give the viewer all the information available. After all he has spent a lot of years building up his business to flog some of his tat and what he doesn't need is some immature hyper know it all wrecking that. He does right to speak up and as he is one of the Qs biggest clients they will take notice. Oh, and I agree with a previous poster that he can be a bit of a bully....

Really sorry I missed this, perhaps it will be on youtube, I enjoy Simon's cutting remarks even though I don't like his blingy, overpriced jewellery,this channel is at it's very best when things go wrong.

Imho the world of telly and money is mostly fake ...you don't have "friends" in telly sales or telephone sales ..( did this job for a while to fit in with my boys ).
Mostly cut throat ....

Really sorry I missed this, perhaps it will be on youtube, I enjoy Simon's cutting remarks even though I don't like his blingy, overpriced jewellery,this channel is at it's very best when things go wrong.

He can come across rude but I like his honesty and quick fire remarks when the Presenters say something stupid or unrelated to his products! Sorry, he's entitled to say things as it's his brand they are trying to sell! :grin:

You can watch it via the TV Guide on the website, which you access via 'Shop QVC TV', then just select the date and time the show was on.

My view with Chloe is that she very rarely has a genuine interest in any of the products she is selling, so tends to get bored and make her own amusement.

I definitely think the qvc folk must come on here, see who the general consensus shows to be disliked and then gives you more of them...almost to spite you/us.

almost a case of ''oh you don't like Jill Franks... well you can have four evenings of her this week then''

You can watch it via the TV Guide on the website, which you access via 'Shop QVC TV', then just select the date and time the show was on.

My view with Chloe is that she very rarely has a genuine interest in any of the products she is selling, so tends to get bored and make her own amusement.

And everything is "incredible" whether she likes them with overzealous hyperdome or not. She's like JF in an opposite way, J is robotic and very predictable and C is like a kid let loose but both talk garbage.

Omg ...car crash to it is ! I have randomly watched a few sections and and that shows a few awkward moments....he explained how annoyed he was with copies.. ...I think that when Julia sits with him he see a credit card sitting there ...(. Does anybody remember the access account advert ) ? A credit card walks in the door ....plain and simple...that is all Julia is ....maybe Simon is teasing her ...but me thinks he was maximum sell time ...Chloe looks really really awkward ...he's irritated ...selling is addictive for him I think ..and selling Beep beep loads ! Even the model looks a bit " really how interesting " type of look ... Mmmm awkward watching it everything that girl says he poo poos ...would like to think that is just his sense of humour ..he gave her a kiss ...and called her darling ...maybe it's him ...he cheered up as his bank balance pushed up :mysmilie_17:

This is how I feel. I know that if I were flogging my brand on IW and found that I'd been lumbered with that epitome of comedy and wit, Pope Pete (it's OK, I'm due for my medication soon)...I'd be furious, so I can understand how Simon must feel when he draws an airhead in the Q presenter 'raffle'. Her slow and stupid comments irritate me, and Simon has a VERY short fuse, so naturally he's going to say something. She also lacks the product knowledge, in my opinion, and is therefore doubly stuck for something intelligent to say.

He can come across rude but I like his honesty and quick fire remarks when the Presenters say something stupid or unrelated to his products! Sorry, he's entitled to say things as it's his brand they are trying to sell! :grin:

This is how I feel. I know that if I were flogging my brand on IW and found that I'd been lumbered with that epitome of comedy and wit, Pope Pete (it's OK, I'm due for my medication soon)...I'd be furious, so I can understand how Simon must feel when he draws an airhead in the Q presenter 'raffle'. Her slow and stupid comments irritate me, and Simon has a VERY short fuse, so naturally he's going to say something. She also lacks the product knowledge, in my opinion, and is therefore doubly stuck for something intelligent to say.

:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15: Love it!

I don't like either of them but Chloe made a really nasty comment about Jackie Kabler a couple of weeks ago. I don't know how she gets away with such infantile behaviour.

I didn't hear this but would just love someone to put Jackie spaniel ears in her place. Much prefer Chloe over JK as I just want to slap that supercilious smirky face

Well we all know he thinks Queen Julia is the best thing since sliced bread.

I've heard him giving Miss Julia a hard time but she is able to change the subject.

In the early days I purchased a good few BW stuff until it started arriving in bits in the box. Rarely watch shows now but it is a sneaky joy to see someone who is a bit of a loose cannon, same with Joan Rivers.

Sorry but if he was that worried about his brand why sell on QVC, I suspect it is a bit of a cash cow for him.

he must sell tens of thousands of his bit n bobs on qvc...julie bates of peony fame sold 10,000 vases and was proud to say so...kelly hoppen is not shy to say why she sells on qvc either

Of course he is going to shift hundreds more of each piece on QVC than one shop in London. Its all mass made in China anyway. His ex partner Butler now sells his own range on shopping telly US channel(not QVC), and people comment that its far superior in design and quality.

Years ago B & W jewellery had a good reputation, and even now it can be spotted on SCD. The older stuff can be seen at antique fairs for quite a bit of money. However, would you ever see a model walking down the runway with a ****** glittery Westie pendant around their neck, or a chicken brooch or rabbit ring ? er, no. and this is where the range starts getting rubbishy, - what market he is targeting with these twee and childish ranges is anyones guess. But the amount seen in clearance speaks volumes.

Years ago B & W jewellery had a good reputation, and even now it can be spotted on SCD. The older stuff can be seen at antique fairs for quite a bit of money. However, would you ever see a model walking down the runway with a ****** glittery Westie pendant around their neck, or a chicken brooch or rabbit ring ? er, no. and this is where the range starts getting rubbishy, - what market he is targeting with these twee and childish ranges is anyones guess. But the amount seen in clearance speaks volumes.

And if it's in clearance, they can hardly use the fig leaf of "customer demand".

Some of the nicer pieces when he was on with Chloe were flying out... but I fail to see the attraction of much of it - very kitsch... which really has no appeal for me, but there must be some who like it - it does sell to an extent.

Of course he is going to shift hundreds more of each piece on QVC than one shop in London. Its all mass made in China anyway. His ex partner Butler now sells his own range on shopping telly US channel(not QVC), and people comment that its far superior in design and quality.

I thought he had 2 shops one off Oxford Street and one near Chelsea football club.

Watching SW flogging his frequently trashy jewellery on Q reminds me of old pop icons from the 60`s who once did Royal Variety performances or topped the charts but several decades later are reduced to gigging in working mens clubs or Spanish bars.
People like to remember how good they were or how memorable their songs and then reality kicks into touch and all you can see is someone trying to relive the past and hang onto some kind of fame.
When I see Simon Wilson I see an oldish man talking up cheap Chinese made jewellery and believing the more outlandish he looks and acts, then the more people will buy and losing his credibility as any kind of a designer along the way.

Latest posts

Back