Canterbury Bears couple.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Are we seeing a rival to Will and Charlotte, here? They won't be too pleased, having been the only bear pair on the Q, until now. How dare QVC!!!

Yay, non green and purple bears! they look like real teddy bears that have had a few years of cuddles and strokes

Except they're all "collectable", not bears my grandchildren would be given to play with at those prices. :down:

The company may have changed hands, I'm not sure but Canterbury Bears have been going for many years.

Are we seeing a rival to Will and Charlotte, here? They won't be too pleased, having been the only bear pair on the Q, until now. How dare QVC!!!

I think Will and Charlie have far more than this to worry about right now. I'm not particularly a fan of theirs, but I admired Will's performance on Christmas Day - it can't be easy for him appearing alone at the moment. I do so hope Charlie is doing well.

I think Will and Charlie have far more than this to worry about right now. I'm not particularly a fan of theirs, but I admired Will's performance on Christmas Day - it can't be easy for him appearing alone at the moment. I do so hope Charlie is doing well.

Scout, the post was meant to be light hearted, not insulting at all. I cannot watch Will and Charlotte but, like you, I KNOW they will have other things to worry about; life can be so transient, your health means everything. I wouldn't think presenting on the Q or anything going on therein, will even concern them, understandably. I have had a neurological illness since birth - I'm used to it - and have been ill over Christmas, so I do hope that Will and Charlotte have managed to remain positive, and enjoyed each other over the holidays. Hopefully, good news will abound in 2014.

Sorry to offend anyone but I don't get why any Adult would want a bear , Bears are for kids and to be played with, and I certainly wouldn't pay these prices for a bear for my son.

Sorry to offend anyone but I don't get why any Adult would want a bear , Bears are for kids and to be played with, and I certainly wouldn't pay these prices for a bear for my son.

I agree Autumn, I really don't get it. Along with fleecy pyjamas covered in polar bears! But each to their own I guess.

I agree with above 2 posts, bears are for children to play with, and the more worn out the better.

I don`t care what people collect but I do care that we may be inundated with not only Charlie bear shows but now Canterbury Bear shows. It feels as if there`s a bear show every 5 minutes and before we know it we`ll have all the presenters sticking their hands up a bear`s ar*se, wiggling their hand and saying " hellooooooooo children " in a manic voice. It`s enough to give you nightmares , all those blasted bears !

Scout, the post was meant to be light hearted, not insulting at all. I cannot watch Will and Charlotte but, like you, I KNOW they will have other things to worry about; life can be so transient, your health means everything. I wouldn't think presenting on the Q or anything going on therein, will even concern them, understandably. I have had a neurological illness since birth - I'm used to it - and have been ill over Christmas, so I do hope that Will and Charlotte have managed to remain positive, and enjoyed each other over the holidays. Hopefully, good news will abound in 2014.

Never fear, I took your comment as light-hearted L66. Like a lot of us who have been on here for many a year, we're not stupid or insensitive - we know when NOT to cross the line. I've also noticed a lot of 'old and regular' names no longer post, is it because they've got fed up with being jumped on for every 'off centre' comment they make I wonder ?

I thought the Charlie Bears husband did a good job the other day - I was surprised to see him but stayed watching, he seemed to calm Chuntley down a bit (for some reason I think she gets very nervous at times which results in her effusive style of presenting).

I didn't realise that the Charlie Bear's wife is ill, hope it's nothing too serious ? (Apols for not remembering their first names, I rarely watch a whole show).

I hope Charlie gets better and is having a good rest. They are human beings as well as business people and human beings come first. Personally I think collections of pristine bears (or dolls for that matter) are somewhat spooky and may be a replacement for something else. But live and let live I guess. I agree that bears and dolls are for children. But not at that price! May I reccommend "fuzzy monkey"(as named by my son). Fuzzy was purchased in Mothercare for around £8. He has had cause to be put through the trauma of the washing machine more than once and hung out to dry on the washing line with a peg on his ear. How undignified! Alternatively for those with deeper pockets try "jellycat", choice of my more designer-conscious little girl. At £18 (a gift from her great uncle when she was born) Jellycat has also suffered the indignity of the washing machine, but is small and dangly enough to dry over the side of the cot.

In all seriousness, I was shocked at the price of jellycat, but the appeal seems to be the floppy, raggedy and scruffy soft toy that is meant to be played with and cuddled at night until it is threadbear. Not displayed on a shelf still in the box along with several others.

Just my opinion, I don't mean to offend anybody.

I thought the Charlie Bears husband did a good job the other day - I was surprised to see him but stayed watching, he seemed to calm Chuntley down a bit (for some reason I think she gets very nervous at times which results in her effusive style of presenting).

I didn't realise that the Charlie Bear's wife is ill, hope it's nothing too serious ? (Apols for not remembering their first names, I rarely watch a whole show).

Charlie has a form of cancer.

The old song, 'Me And My Teddy bear', about a child and their teddy is a perfect example of what a teddy bear is all about. Cuddled, played with and loved.

The old song, 'Me And My Teddy bear', about a child and their teddy is a perfect example of what a teddy bear is all about. Cuddled, played with and loved.

Totally agree.

Oh dear, I didn't realize what was wrong with Charlie, so all the best, Charlie. I thought Will did a brilliant job of presenting with Chuntley and he did seem to give her a bit more confidence - it worked well.

But QVC's timing of an alternative to Charlie Bears?? Not good.

This reminds me of the antics of Kara Triton years ago with those ****** dolls she used to demo. How anyone can think these toys are collectable and pay the inflated prices I don't know but each to their own. As far as I'm concerned Dolls and Teddies are toys for children.

Latest posts

Back