can you help me??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Touche Eclat sits in the wrinkles, as does the Liz Earle equivalent. The more moisturised the under eye area is, the better it looks. Don't put make-up anywhere near the under eye area and get plenty of sleep.

Avons eye cream/ gel combo(Anew clinical eye lift) is great or the Aldi one works too. Laura Gellers Dream creams concealer palette, available separately on Q now is the best I 've ever used. Covers well and doesnt cake or look chalky.

The LP Skin Therapy try me range has untired eyecream and re-affirm eye serum - both of which I like. I then use the other products in the kit when I go away anywhere.

For lines around the eyes, I must have tried everything on the market from a couple of pounds to nearly a hundred pounds. Then I discovered Judith Williams Life Long Beauty eye cream and the results are by far the best. I recently got a tube of it for around £12 on QVC. Her whole range is really good, especially the diamonds neck cream. With the MBG it is worth giving it a go because if you don't see results you just send it back.

CC

I have never really bothered with eye cream as I can't remember to put it on and my eyes are fairly ok. I am not very lined at all, but the dreaded sagging is speeding up and there is no cream on this earth that will stop me looking all droopy and miserable even when I am feeling fine. Good luck with your quest RD and if you find anything that hoist up one's face to where it used to be about 20 years ago then let me know. Mother Nature and Father Time are not kind are they? :sad:

Decleor Iris serum massaged into the lines around the eyes a couple of nights a week, also Bobbi Brown eye cream

I kind of agree that most products will just add moisture, but...having said that, back into denial.... have you thought about trying the Alpha H eye stuff, they always go on about that being good for pigmentation issues because it is like a non abrasive exfoliant. I have tried it and I quite liked it but can't comment on the pigmentation as wasn't really using it for that. It didn't work miracles but seemed as good or better than several others I tried as a general eye product so maybe worth a try to see if it has any effect on dark circles. I think touche eclat is great for light deflecting, you might want to put a concealer with more coverage underneath it and then dab touche eclat into shadowy areas. Also, don't forget to use a light reflecting (deflect? reflect?) product on the inner corners of the eye/side of nose to help light up the area. At the moment I am using Olay regenerist eye lifting serum, quite nice, no miracles but seems to have a bit of light reflecting/line filler in it.

I laugh now at how I thought I had found great, effective eye creams when I was 25!!

Last edited:
My main concern up til now has been dark circles, although I am now starting to get fine lines as well.
The following made no difference to darkness:
Decleor hydrotenseur
Elemis - don't know which one
LE - the gel one & the white cream one
Linda P - untired
Nivea
Sainsburys
Aldi
M&S
Boots protect & perfect
Basically none of them work but some do moisturise.
I am devotee of Touche Eclat.

I've tried loads, I'm quite liking the Bare Escentuals Renew & Hydrate Eye Cream I'll be repurchasing my third pot shortly, sometimes I layer it on top of PCMC. What I do find works a treat for me and I noticed a difference with in a few days was at bed time to melt the tinniest amount of Shea butter and gently dab it on the lower part of my under eye not to close to the eye or mine can become puffy, I've seen a huge difference since I started to do this, I thought I'd try it as I was sick of paying a fortune on pricey creams that did naff all. I do the same on my neck now too!

My eyes are quite good, but I have used various gels and creams since my 30s, so its start early and keep going with what you can afford. But nothing will stop them or get rid of them once they start.

Now I have the dark circles from the pits of hell. No really, they are black/purple!!!!!

Touche Eclat, you can buy copies much cheaper. It is really a brightener and not a concealer. I used a brightener Bobbi Brown in the inner corner, then Bobbi Brown corrector. Then comes the concealer. At the moment Hourglass which is a creamy stick.

Christopher Drummond a make up artist once said,"No one but you actually notices the dark circles." Which is true, we are the ones saying "Oh my dark circles are bad." You don't get people pointing to you in the street in horror.

I am sensitive to so many things, especially round the eyes. However I have been very lucky with my skin, and now I am knocking on 40 (boo hiss) I started using Emma Hardie's eye serum in February this year. I have rarely used eye creams or serums before, and whenever I did I had to stop due to sensitivity.

I can honestly say that for me, The Emma Hardie one works. A teeny bit, all over the eye (that's fine Emma said) before you apply any other creams to the face. I was amazed to see a difference in how the skin round my eyes looks ( the tiny lines in the corners have faded a wee bit...) and NO sensitivity whatsoever.

A few people notice little white millia (sp)at first (as did I). Once the millia disappeared I have not had any more since, and I have been using it for 9 months now. Maybe when you first start using something new (I had not used eye products to any real extent) the skin has a bit of a shock and then it gets used to it and all is well.

I suggest you watch tutorials on youtube about hiding dark circles. Start with http://www.youtube.com/gossmakeupartist he does very good videos, also lisa eldridge! Both are great professional makeup artists! If you have really bad dark circles i would suggest using a corrector and then using a concealer afterwards. Bobbi brown does excellent ones, if you are not sure of shade you could go to a counter and check shade and not buy there and then buy from qvc if u want the 30 day msg. There are many drugstore alternatives too such as barbara daly at tesco concealer is nice a bit like boing by benefit which would be another good option that they now sell on qvc too. Benefit also do an eye cream in their skincare range which is meant to reduce dark circles but I havent tried it.
Hope this helps, if i think of anything else i will post again :)

Latest posts

Back