can you help me??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
I'm quite conscious of having eye wrinkles and getting more!! Whilst I realise I can't stop mother nature ageing me...which I don't mind.....its the only area that slightly bothers me.I'm beginning to notice dark circles under my eyes too.

I bought some some of anti fatigue concealer from max factor.Its ok....at the end of the day its just a lighter concealer...bit like what I imagine stacey's YBF yellow cream does.

But is there any thing better.If it had some sort of anti ageing element...even better??

Is there anything at QVC...because for once I wouldn't mind the use of the 30 MBG.....but then I also don't want to pay a stupid price....

Have looked a bit on the net...but it all seems a bit overwhelming with choice.....

Hi,

usual - drink plenty of fluid, stay out of the sun, and stop smoking (if you do).

Seconded on touch eclat as a concealer.

Cheers,
karen

I've tried nearly every eye cream Q have sold.Gatineau, elemis, emma hardie and so on. Came to the conclusion, they're all
much the same, they only really moisturise under your eyes. No major difference IMO. So i just use whatever i have on hand,
and at the minute it Emma Hardie's one, as i like her moisturising cream, which isn't too rich. Oh add Liz Earle, decleor, gayle
hayman to the list .......... So my conclusion is use a special eye cream, whatever you want, and just pat it on. If you find
anything great, let us all know

Touche eclat is good for the dark circles and believe it not I find Aldi anti ageing eye cream which is around £2 a tube, is really good, have tried others and it compares with the best.

I have yet to fnd the ultimate eye cream and I've tried so many.. I'm using decleor hydrotonseur with soap and glory eye cream
at the moment. I can honestly say neither work for me.

Will be interested to read everyone's recommendations.

Judith Williams LLB eyecream - brilliant, have been using for over a year now
YSL touche eclat - also brilliant
Am 50 and these 2 products are working pretty well on me at the moment.

PS. also use Judiths day cream, serum and neckcream - all good imo

Last edited:
I have tried so many eye creams/gels in the last couple of years, Gatineau, Liz Earle, Gale Hayman, and more recently the Emma Hardie eye gel. They have all been a waste of money and made no difference whatsoever to my fine lines and crows feet. I have come to the conclusion that a cheap eye cream to moisturise is the way to go, instead of spending a lot of money paying for a big name brand that does not live up to its claims.

Touche eclat is good for the dark circles and believe it not I find Aldi anti ageing eye cream which is around £2 a tube, is really good, have tried others and it compares with the best.

Ditto with the Aldi eye creams Vienna, and I saw it recommended in one of the mags too. I've tried them all and none of them make that much difference tbh so I stick with the cheapies.

Be careful using Touché Éclat if you've having your photo taken. It can come out almost white in photos.

Can't help with eye creams really as I've only really ever used PCMC on a regular basis. I have added an eye cream now as I think I ought. Used the sample Elemis one I had and that was good. Now using the No 7 one. Seems OK so far.

Look at Julia Roberts' eyes.
Julia is employed by QVC ..... There's your answer.

I've never seen any difference with any of the eye products I've tried over the years - Gale Hayman eye lift gel, Decleor Hydrotenseur and the cream, Emma Hardie.... I could go on. Touche Eclat was a total waste of money too.

Thanks everyone....keep 'em coming!!!

Really...I think you're telling me what I already know :sad:.......I know in my heart there really is no solution as like many of you,I'm already quite a connoisseur of the eye cream world,and really nothing works.

If I had to choose one I had a L'Occitane one must be about 10 years ago which was like a whipped marshmallow texture....never saw it again once I finished the pot.

I've been reading reviews for benefit's latest one.

The hunt continues.....

Really...I think you're telling me what I already know :sad:.......I know in my heart there really is no solution

Ooooh Yes there is!
It's called EYE BAG REMOVAL (BLEPHAROPLASTY) and it works!
I had mine done in February. The best thing I ever did.

The only eye creams I have used for years are Clinique ( at the moment 'All about eyes Rich'.) This is because as soon as I pat the cream on my eye area feels really moisturised.)My eyes are a bit baggy but not bad enough for surgery.I would not go for surgery lightly but if I was on TV then I would seriously consider.I knew omeone years ago who had really baggy eyes & then one day I thought how much better she looked--- her eyes had been done.

And AY !!!!!

Indeed. I think in AY's case it might simply be a complete case of total product overload combined with lack of sleep. Either way, it isn't a good advert for the things she is trying to sell us.

I have never found an eye cream/gel/whatever that helps with lines/wrinkles and my main area of concern, Alison - dark circles. So now I just buy whatever is on offer and use a small amount of it once a day. If I forget, no biggy either - it simply doesn't make a difference to my skin at all.

Concealer wise, I still after all these years swear by Rimmel Hide The Blemish, cheap as chips, and lasts really really well on me - and covers my dark circles as effectively as many of the more expensive ones I've paid out for! :hi:

No eye cream has ever made the blindest bit of difference to me either! It's moisturiser with a few different ingredients and a different consistency - but moisturiser all the same.

I don't like concealers either as I don't like the obvious 'made-up' look. The only thing that tones my down is a tan. So when I am looking particularly pale and my shadows are dark, I put a tiny bit of St Moritz on (£2.99 Home Bargains - best tan I've ever used!!) and it does the trick :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I use the Laura Geller Eye Spackle on my lids and under my eyes - this doesn't seem to sit in the lines as much...

For my main face / eye creams, I use Clarins - have done for the last 20+ years and love them. They have a range of lines that move through the age groups from youngish to mature.

They also do a kind of cream that is supposed to fuzzy over the wrinkles - how about going and asking for a sample to use for a couple of days... it's not a treatment, just a disguise!

http://www.clarins.co.uk/Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch/C050105002,en_GB,pd.html?start=1

I use it on my forehead to disguise some large pores - it's great.

Tiddly

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back