Can you cancel an order?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nessarose

Witchy woman...
Pretty much as the title says really. I placed an order yesterday for something I can get cheaper elsewhere. I can't see anywhere online to cancel. Can I cancel and do I have to phone up to do it? MTIA

Hi BC

You do have to call customer services to cancel. In my experience it depends how long after you've placed the order as to whether they'll cancel it or not. When I've been told it's too late, they've said I can refuse delivery, but that doesn't help if you're not at home! I should say though it's been some while since I've tried to cancel, so I'm not 100% sure that the rules have changed or not. HTH. M xx

You might be able to say you wish to change your method of payment to , if it hasn't been dispatched, and then cancel in a day or two. It worked for me one time when I'd been to hasty to order.

I have tried to cancel in the past within minutes of placing the order only to be told that once it's in process, there is nothing they can do, but again, that I could refuse delivery. Changing payment method sounds the best idea. Good luck.

The only time I tried to phone to cancel an order customer services where less than helpful . But I have emailed to cancel and that worked but it was the next day so I dont know how what would happen if it has been 2 or 3 days since you placed the order.

So you had a moment of madness and ordered this;

try it for 30 days BC.....and see how many compliments you get. :D

I have tried to cancel in the past within minutes of placing the order only to be told that once it's in process, there is nothing they can do, but again, that I could refuse delivery. Changing payment method sounds the best idea. Good luck.

I had exactly the same thing happen. Told them I'd expect the quickest delivery ever and it still took the usual 7 working days...

I put something on cheque hold and then emailed customer services to cancel and they did it very quickly.

Don't know what would have happened had I paid by credit/debit card though.

Worth a try - they can only say no.

I always pay by credit/debit card usually online or using Qcut. I have never had a problem cancelling an order..I just phone CS and explain that I made an error and ask them to cancel. Job done!

According to their website T&C:

2.4 Acceptance of your order and the formation of a contract between us will take place when we despatch the products ordered to you, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it in accordance with section 9 below.

9.4 You also have a statutory right to cancel your purchase. If you wish to cancel you must tell us in writing, by telephone, fax or email (please see our webform at www.qvcuk.com for email cancellations) within 7 working days from the day after the date on which the product is delivered. You should keep evidence of having given your cancellation notice, such as a certificate of posting

Many thanks for all your replies. Well I've only just had the chance to call and I was informed that I was too late to cancel, it normally has to be the same day and then they can't guarantee it. I expect I could have pushed it but it was my own stupid fault for being impulsive. :blush:

Understand their reluctance to lose orders but seems morally wrong.

Why not email your cancellation anyway and point out Distance Selling Regulations. Hopefully they will have sense not to bother incurring cost of sending it to you but if not it will still cost you less this way because you will only have to pay cost of returning item and then insist on refund including original postage :cool:

Latest posts

Back