Can anyone recommend a decent foundation...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilylurknomore

Registered Shopper
.... one that's got good coverage and isn't mineral powder? I'm forever searching for that elusive foundation that will make me look 10 years younger with flawless skin!! :wink: Is there one from QVC?

TIA. x

The Laura Geller Phenomenal foundation is the only Q brand I've had any luck with. Others might not agree :wink: but it suited my skin very much and didn't feel cakey. I even used to whap Balance and Brighten over the top of it if my skin was particularly grotty and it still didn't look cakey.

I like Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, obviously not on QVC but most Boots have a counter and you can normally get them to try a few colours on you and get a free 7 day sample of the makeup to try before you go for it. Its not cheap but it lasts the pace (even after a gym session) and gives good coverage.

Go get your sample of Doublewear Lite at an EL counter. If you like it (or the lightest shade isn't pale enough), head for a Rimmel stand and get a tube of their 16-Hour Lasting foundation. it's a dead ringer and, used with a BeautyBlender (from JBD), you'll get flawless coverage in a flash.

.... one that's got good coverage and isn't mineral powder? I'm forever searching for that elusive foundation that will make me look 10 years younger with flawless skin!! :wink: Is there one from QVC?

TIA. x

I like Superdrug's GOSH primer & foundation...I'm in my 60s and have broken capillaries due to rosacea..I might need a second light application around the old schnozz, but it works for me...

I am loving M & S Time Defying Foundation at the moment. Long lasting, medium to full coverage and an spf of 25.

Clarins everlasting foundation is fab fab fab, long lasting very good coverage and light as a feather

I tested this in Debenhams a few weeks ago and can vouch for it's lovely texture....I wanted so bad to buy it but I have a foundation "wardrobe" to wade through before I treat myself by which time there'll be another 5 I've tested and want!

I've just gone back to smashbox conversion (discontinued cream to powder compact) I bought shed loads from JBD when Jayne had one of her marvelous sales and I've made no impact on the stockpile yet (I'm beyond help I know)

Jude xx

Last edited:
I tested this in Debenhams a few weeks ago and can vouch for it's lovely texture....I wanted so bad to buy it but I have a foundation "wardrobe" to wade through before I treat myself by which time there'll be another 5 I've tested and want!

I've just gone back to smashbox conversion (discontinued cream to powder compact) I bought shed loads from JBD when Jayne had one of her marvelous sales and I've made no impact on the stockpile yet (I'm beyond help I know)

Jude xx

Thank you Jude but do take the plunge you wont regret it my 24 year old DD has eveb defected from her Clinique superbalance (?) to buy this and she purchases in duos so she wont be without it!:sun::sun:

get thee behind me Jabba! You wicked temptress, I don't need any encouragement! :angel:

Jude xx

TIA. x

this is one of my obsessions, along with the search for the perfect bag, the ideal mascara, that dress which is going to transform me etc!. I have never managed to get on with foundation, not very good at applying it, any tips for putting the stuff on would be welcome. Have been quite tempted to get one of those foundation brushes, are they any use?

I use BE in the summer and either EL Double Wear or Mabelline whipped mouse and apply with a foundation brush, infact apply LG Real Deal concealer with the foundation brush, gives a flawless finish..... foundation brush was from Boots and not expensive :wait:

Clarins everlasting foundation is fab fab fab, long lasting very good coverage and light as a feather

I am using this Jabba and love, love, love it! Perfect coverage, great colours and it stays where you put it all day. The only downside I have found is that it is actually better without a primer.

Wow thanks everyone, but a few of those suggestions aren't QVC. I need to try a QVC one that I can send back if it's the wrong colour, changes colour, isn't suitable, makes my face oily/tangoed or doesn't cover imperfections! It's difficult to try store bought ones on, had one or two embarrassing incidents when going for a trial, ie one girl wiped off most of the foundation I was wearing and then proceeded to try one that was NOT my colour! Mortifying, when you don't have your foundation with you to replace the f**k up! Hence me, being a tad bit wary now!

Also to answer silversequins question about the foundation brush, I've always found them to suck up way too much foundation and not give anywhere near as good a flawless coverage as the fingers can do.

Might try the Laura Geller stuff then. Thanks.

ooo forgot to say I quite like the Laura Geller Phenomenal foundation too.

Jude xx

I've also been searching for years for a good foundation. I'm 53 now and less is more as they say. I've found just what I'd been looking for in Philosophy's Supernatural powder/foundation.It's in a little pot with a sponge applicator integrated in it which the powder comes out of.It's the best thing I've EVER found for my skin, it gives a good, light coverage and evens out my skintone etc, etc and it's really easy to apply.
Have a look on QVC's website, not cheap but so good imho.:sun:

ps. I pop a bit of Benefit High Beam on with it for a subtle glow:star:

this is one of my obsessions, along with the search for the perfect bag, the ideal mascara, that dress which is going to transform me etc!. I have never managed to get on with foundation, not very good at applying it, any tips for putting the stuff on would be welcome. Have been quite tempted to get one of those foundation brushes, are they any use?

After trying all sorts of foundation I've settled for now on a touch of Models Prefer yellow powder on my nose to disguise my capillaries, then a coating of Laura Geller's Balance and Brighten in the fair shade. I'm lucky in that apart from my nose I need very little coverage. I need to "touch up" my nose during the day but otherwise it all stays put.

I use brushes for all my make up and the best I've found for foundation is the BE mini kabuki brush.

Slightly off topic, can anyone recommend a powder blusher in a robust case aka "delivery system", not a plastic one that falls apart in your make up bag ?

Linda :wave:

Bobbi Brown tinted moisturising balm is what I like best. The coverage can be built up on areas where I need more coverage - red cheeks etc or it can be nice and light but with a decent concealer I find it is enough coverage. . It gives a soft glow - not wet-look but plump and slightly moist and I love it particularly when I am a bit tired and my skin gets lifeless. And it's available on QVC!

Latest posts

Back