Caller from Scotland

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good on the T-caller, but i'm 200% suprised the producers let it through!

I've never been a T caller but I guess you are briefed on what you can or cannot say before you are put through and I would imagine the caller in question listened and agreed then said exactly what she wanted ignoring their instructions.

I've never been a T caller but I guess you are briefed on what you can or cannot say before you are put through and I would imagine the caller in question listened and agreed then said exactly what she wanted ignoring their instructions.

Yes, I've thought about doing this when I want to have a whinge. I shall let you know before I call and give you my pseudonym so you know it's me:angel:

Linda:hi:

Oh what a clever cunning woman. She must have sneaked in under the wire. :clapping: They QVC are usually so careful to let through the starstruck. Mona must have worn a disguise.:giggle:

Not only did I miss the T caller having been a bit delayed over on channel 4 + 1 BB. :angry:

:wait2:
But at the end of the hour :clock: did I blink and miss Julia thanking our lovely caller Iona from Scotland ? :angel:

" Bless her "
:giggle::smirk::tongue2:

:flower:

I have been a t-caller and they don't brief you about what you can/cannot say. When you ring up someone chats to you, presumably so that they can tell if you're reasonably coherent etc, and asks you what you're ringing about. They are very nice and certainly don't interrogate you or anything like that. I imagine the t-caller probably misled them a bit, maybe saying she had a query or a problem she needed expert advice about and then, once on air, let it rip!
I was a nice caller, by the way!

Cringe. Poor Julia but to be fair she handled the situation really well. They should have taken her off air much quicker than they did!!For those who missed it, Iona from Edinburgh called in.No nice pleasant chit chat. She go straight to the point that she bought sheets back in Feb but just now fitted them on her bed but the corner ripped as they did notfit.Outisde money back 30 days so claimed CS would not do anything. Julia offered to bring it to chief execs attention. Went on and on and poor Sam the NN guest was speachless!!!!

Why?

This isn't the first time this has happened, many years ago they were doing the TSV for a comp, (that techi fella was doing all the techi stuff before LJ, what was his name?), Intel computer I think it was, anyway this man caller came on about 12.05am and was still moaning at 12.25am about the lack of CS from QVC and Intel about the fact that the darn comp wouldn't work properly, it really was carcrash veiwing and very entertaining cause he went on and on and refused to let them fob him with anything other than the help he needed.

They did try to say goodbye him many times but he refused to go. Totally funny.

Why?

This isn't the first time this has happened, many years ago they were doing the TSV for a comp, (that techi fella was doing all the techi stuff before LJ, what was his name?), Intel computer I think it was, anyway this man caller came on about 12.05am and was still moaning at 12.25am about the lack of CS from QVC and Intel about the fact that the darn comp wouldn't work properly, it really was carcrash veiwing and very entertaining cause he went on and on and refused to let them fob him with anything other than the help he needed.

That must have been before they started cutting callers off :tongue2:

poo.....i always miss the best stuff :grouch: sounds fab !!!

And me - I missed it too. Hopefully someone will find it and put it on Youtube for us.

The funniest bit is not when the caller had a problem but asking HRH Julia her name:lol:

Iona The Moaner :D went on and on and on about a ripped corner on a fitted sheet that CS refused to take back blah blah blah but the very BEST bit was when JR said all cheerily write to me and I'll sort it out and Scotty said okay....what's your name?? Well Queen Julia's fizzog was a picture :D 'I'm Julia, JULIA ROBERTS and I've only been here 16 years'!! she squeaked indignantly :SUE: Good old Iona I love you. :D :pPC:

Send us your addy Julia we'll write you a novel. :giggle:

I wish so much I'd seen that! I wonder how she managed to slip through the vetting net? The person in charge of cutting off calls must have dozed off or popped to the loo. I bet La Roberts gave someone a right earful! :angry:

I have been a t-caller and they don't brief you about what you can/cannot say. When you ring up someone chats to you, presumably so that they can tell if you're reasonably coherent etc, and asks you what you're ringing about. They are very nice and certainly don't interrogate you or anything like that. I imagine the t-caller probably misled them a bit, maybe saying she had a query or a problem she needed expert advice about and then, once on air, let it rip!
I was a nice caller, by the way!

I expected them to ask you not to mention other brand names or other retailers as people seem to make vague statements about using other products but the QVC ones are better.

What product/show was your call about?

I've been asked but refused amd got off the phone as quickly as possible!

I tried ringing in the other day when YC was on and was told that my question was inappropriate! I only wanted to know whether they could bring any of the lovely twisted fragranced candles that I bought in the US to QVC. Was told that my request would be directed to the Marketing Dept.

Don't see what is so inappropriate about that.

HA! I saw this was talked aout so rewound on my v box and it was funny! i cant believe if nothing else she thought the nation wanted to listen to her problems! this isnt jeremy kyle!

She didnt no who julia was lol how cud she not wen she said i always watch u?
nope she wasnt impressed.

I tried ringing in the other day when YC was on and was told that my question was inappropriate! I only wanted to know whether they could bring any of the lovely twisted fragranced candles that I bought in the US to QVC. Was told that my request would be directed to the Marketing Dept.

lol that isnt inappropriate. people do that all the time they did when laura geller was last on.

Maybe they thought you were pulling their leg? :angel:

Twisted isn't a word often used at QVC, or not in the way I'm thinking.

Quoted myself.

It was Dell Computers they were selling not Intel.

My Mum has called through and spoken to KVZ & Debbie Greenwood, she wasn't told what she could say and what she couldnt. Seems a little odd to me that she wasn't...

they do kind of filter out people. if i phone my order( which is very rare now) they ask you if you want to go on on air and i belive that if you haver not returned an item that is currently on qvc and you buy lots of it. thats the only time i have been asked....
bit like the qvc customer days. i wonder what kind of loyalty you have to have to be invited to them!

Latest posts

Back