Calico Cottage Fudge TSV 25/08/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is this make your own fudge like EasiYo is make your own yoghurt?

Anyone ever bought it? My OH loves fudge, was thinking it might be a nice treat.

OMG - Thanks Ian.
I think I'll be in on this one! - Love it, so easy but tastes good.
My only slight niggle is mine don't seem to like to harden - should I put less water or butter in experts?

Thanks for the info! Love Calico Fudge - yum!

OMG - Thanks Ian.
I think I'll be in on this one! - Love it, so easy but tastes good.
My only slight niggle is mine don't seem to like to harden - should I put less water or butter in experts?

I've never had any problem with this. But yes if you want it harder than you get it then try with a little less water I think. Good luck!

a spot of rum instead of the water and some quality raisins nice for christmas or anytime

Santa has brought us Calico kits the last couple of years, they have been fab. The red velvet has intrigued me this time. Looks like Santa will be bringing this kit for Xmas as they usually have quite long expiry dates on them. TY SCW for the heads up. X

I've bought it, and done so regularly. It's terrifically easy to make (with a microwave - I haven't tried it any other way). And very easy to customise. It really makes a good hostess gift and is lovely to bring out after dinner.

Calico Cottage 10 Piece Make Your Own Fudge Variety Selection
Item Number: 803154
QVC Price £23.00
Todays Special Value Price £18.76
P&P £5.95

his selection includes a mouth-watering variety of much-loved fudge flavours such as plain vanilla, chocolate and caramel, as well as two new flavours, sticky toffee pudding and red velvet, plus the salted caramel that customers loved last year. Indulge your love of all things sweet and enjoy scrumptious homemade fudge with this tasty collection from Calico Cottage.

A delicious gift idea - with the 4.5kg of fudge made from this kit, you can create plenty of Christmas gifts for loved ones with a sweet tooth. This fab collection also comes with trays and paper liners.

Easy to make in a flash - this fudge is a piece of cake to cook at home - it comes with simple instructions and you can use the hob or microwave.

Get creative - use the classic flavours as a base and add your favourite toppings and flavours, such as chocolate, nuts, fruit, sprinkles or even a tot of rum and some raisins.

The dry ingredients can be kept up for six months and can be frozen

Contains:

2 x Plain Vanilla fudge mix (400g)
2 x Chocolate fudge mix (400g)
2 x Caramel fudge mix (400g)
2 x Salted Caramel fudge mix (400g)
1 x Red Velvet fudge mix (400g)
1 x Sticky Toffee Pudding fudge mix (400g)
3 x trays
10 x paper liners
1 x new instruction booklet
1 x spoon

Behind the brand
An established confectionery manufacturer since 1957, Calico Cottage’s novel and ever increasing list of innovative fudge flavours and clever merchandising programs can be found in amusement parks, tourist gift shops, outdoor stores and department stores in the Europe, Australia, New Zealand and USA.

http://www.qvcuk.com/Calico-Cottage....803154.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-93-_-803154

thats what qvc do they sting you with p&p and push the item price down to make it look a better buy, its not bad value overall

Charlie has just told us that, made up, this is £90 - £100 worth of fudge. I'd love to know how he reached that exorbitant price.

May have bought 2 lots... Going to experiment with them for christmas presents :grin:

Hate to be the dissenting voice but it's actually quite disgusting, and has no place calling itself a 'fudge - it's an American company (surprise surprise) which franchises its products all over the place. It's sickly sweet, with a curiously homogenous, slightly slimy texture. Taste-wise, it has absolutely none of what you want in a good-quality fudge, rich, freshly butter-and-cream with a rich, but not over-the-top sweetness. It's the very epitome of mass-produced, synthetic, factory-made confectionery - the 'calico cottage' is just slick and predictably marketing. I wouldn't serve it to an animal, let alone a guest. It's pretty damn easy to make your own fudge with a few basic ingredients, and the results are far, FAR superior to this tat - and at a fraction of the price too. If you really can't be bothered to make your own, then the best mass-produced one is from The Toffee Shop in Penrith, Cumbria. Quite delicious. And you're supporting a British business, rather than pouring money into yet another giant American Inc.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back