caffeine shampoos?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My early order TSV arrived today, woot! So begins my Hairfix Follicle+ experiment! I've used the gel this evening, first impressions are that its a heck of a lot more pleasant to use than the stinky Alpecin! I will use the shampoo & a bit of conditioner tomorrow, although I am wary of conditioner generally. I'll report back in due course.

Some feedback on the Hairfix products, if anyone is interested. I have been using them (the Follicle+ TSV) for 10 days now. They are certainly much nicer to use than the smelly Alpecin. The shampoo is effective as a hair cleanser, and the conditioner is completely weightless, so I have been able to continue using it daily without any problem. I've had no issues with itching or burning either, so I blame the perfumes or colours in the Alpecin for that. Everything has calmed down nicely on my scalp now. I've used the Follicle+ caffeine gel on alternate nights so far. I have not observed any miraculous results, but then again, I don't expect to. I'm afraid I'll never have big bouffy 'Bardot' hair, no matter what the Hairfix Man says!
Anyway, for now, I'm going to continue using the products, which look as though they'll last a long while.

Has anyone tried Nizoral? Or Minoxidil?

I tired Nioxin, but couldn't keep it up as I really didn't like what it made my hair look like. I also tried little vials by Kerastase - total waste of time and money.

I have curly hair that looks thick and healthy if I leave it curly, but the moment I straighten, I can see diffuse thinning :sad:. I'm peri-menopausal so it ain't gonna get any better.

Nizoral is an anti fungal shampoo. I've used it in the past for dermatitis of the scalp, and it cleared the problem quickly. It made my hair look dreadful though.

Nizoral is an anti fungal shampoo. I've used it in the past for dermatitis of the scalp, and it cleared the problem quickly. It made my hair look dreadful though.

I'd heard that it doesn't do wonders for the hair. My friend saw a trichologist for diffuse thinning and tests came back as her having a fungal infection on the scalp that was causing the follicles to block so badly they were dying off. She used it daily for a six months, washing, leaving it 3 minutes, then washing with a normal shampoo (to counteract the Nizoral hair look!). I saw her several months in and was floored at the improvement in her hair.

Nizoral is interesting me specifically as I have those pinprick white spots that show up more with a tan, caused by a fungal infection. Can't for the life of me remember the name of the condition. My GP suggested Selsun Blue not Nizoral, though.

I don't have the same problem as her - or at least not the same symptoms - but am thinking of trying this regime. I came across that Grow Gorgeous serum in TK Max half price on the weekend so am going to give that a go first.

I've been thinking about Minoxidil for quite a while. It seems expensive, but when you look at the "pretty" stuff out there like GG and Kerastase, it's quite reasonable. I honestly don't know why I'm hesitating over it (though it might be that I'm looking more at side effects these days since I take quite a lot of meds), as I had excellent results 20 years ago when I had stress-related thinning.

The Nizoral cleared up my dermatitis very swiftly. I never thought of using a proper shampoo after it. If you know you have a tendency towrds fungal infections, it might be worth trying your friend's routine.
You said you take a few meds, could any of them be responsible for your hair thinning? My mother had a fabulous head of thick, curly brown hair until she went onto statins. Now she has a weedy grey haystack, (and her skin has also suffered from extreme dryness). I know hair loss is a side effect of a lot of meds.

can really recommend Grow Gorgeous hair growth serum (I have the same issues as you). have had great results - thicker, fuller, longer hair which has stopped falling out after a couple of months use. It's around £30 a bottle which does last around 2 months, use once daily. they also do shampoos and a serum for split ends but have yet to try these. got mine in Boots but I've also seen it on several online sites. haven't tried the caffeine shampoos so can't comment.

I am still using the Hairfix and they are nice products to use. I've found the follicle+ gel keeps me awake if I use it at night (as recommended) though. I must just be very sensitive to it. Instead, I use it as a styling gel during the day, which is not really a look I like, but it serves a purpose.

Another little update.
I went on holiday for a couple of weeks. I didn't want to take the full size Hairfix bottles with me, as they are quite bulky. I emailed Hairfix to ask about travel sized products. They replied quickly, telling me they aren't able to get smaller sized bottles with the pre-foaming pump, so they don't make anything smaller than the full size I have, and they didn't seem very optimistic that this could be resolved.
So, off I went on holiday, taking my remaining stock of Ojon instead.
After about a week of using my old hair products I noticed a definite increase in hair fall again, which has persisted following my return home and resumption of using the Hairfix products. I've been home a week tomorrow, so I am hoping that it is soon going to slow down again.
Still like the Hairfix products very much, they are very light and don't weigh my hair down at all.

Humph! Just watched the presentation for that Follicle Max. Why on earth do they use a model with humungous massive hair to demonstrate? (Blah blah blah, Pirio uses this product regularly and just look at the results blah blah blah.) Talk about raising false hope! Well, clearly, Pirio wouldn't know thinning hair if it walked up and kicked her in the face!
Fortunately I have always had very realistic expectations about any improvement that might arise. I may try this product in future, but I bought the TSV on auto delivery, so will have plenty of Follicle + gel to use up first.

Latest posts

Back