Buzz word boredom

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Getting a bit fed up with the latest 'in-word' - "comfortable".

Everything in fashion and jewellery is suddenly "comfortable to wear", even today's tsv, which is a ****** 'barely there' pendant for gawds sake !!!!!!! how is a pendant NOT comfortable to wear I ask you.

Do they all sit around the presenters table and decide what the buzz word of the month is going to be. We've already been done to death with ........

Iconic
Organic
Linear
Juicy

any more ?????

ANDREA said in her show, people were tweeting her to ask if she had any gold pieces on the show to

celebrate how well we"ve done in the Olympics "oh yes thats a lovely new gold ring you
have there, did you get it to celebrate
our success in the Olympics"

How many coversations are you going to hear saying that :thinking:

I've got one they could use on a regular basis for MOST of the stuff* on there :

"CR@P" howz that for a buzz word

*eg the LG SMART SCAN/MOUSE (see thread !!!!)

I have a lovely on-trend, buttery soft lovely buzz word for you. Again, it really is amazing value and proving very, very popular indeed. Again you are loving this. The phone lines have literally melted! Again! Again! Again! Again I cannot understand why presenters preface a sentence with the word "again" when they haven't mentioned their point in the first place!

*Pop* - Pop it on, pop it in, pop it over, pop on, pop off :blush:, "pop on a pump and a trouser and pop on a white shirt and you're good to go". Pop, pop, pop, and even more s*dding pop. :headbang:

Can't bear the phrase: this is your "go-to" dress/moisturiser/ring/jeans or whatever is being flogged.

How about Julian's "so there", Claire Suttons "juicy bottom", Pipa's "unbelieeeeeevalbe value", Jill Franks' "rather lovely", Jilly's "it would make a great gift" and Craig's "we're PROBABLY going to go limited stock on this". There's many more I'm sure including that "good to go" sentence. Good to go where exactly in a hideous outfit from QVC lol.

CC

Dip in and on trend

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Fabrication (a fabrication is a lie, not what a handbag or pair of slinky trousers is made from. Fabrications are what comes out of the mouth of QVC presenters 90% of the time)

Buttery soft (as in "the leather on this bag is buttery soft", really? REALLY? Let's see if we can spread it on toast shall we...?)

Gifting (instead of buying presents we now "gift" everything. "This would be perfect for gifting to that special someone, the milkman, paperlad, woman who lives three doors down who borrowed your chip pan and never brought it back...")

"I'm loving..." it's starting to infect forum members. "I love" is adequate and imho better.

Jude xx

Maybe "fabrication" is the correct choice of word, if they're trying to convey "I'm making this up as I go along!"

Jude xx

"Of course" means agreement with what's just been said. If the presenter's on their own, are they agreeing to what TheVoiceInTheirEar has spoken? Oh, and anythink ending in -ink instead of -ing. Somethink like that irritates me.

You're getting 15ml of ....
you're getting 20ml of ....
you're getting 50ml of ....
you're getting of the new ....
AND
you're getting a FREE BAG

I've only got 10% of the stock left now

Latest posts

Back