Buying online after midnight

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
Is it possible to buy anything after midnight online?
I always get the message to contact customer services :-(

So do I !! I thought it was just the TSV, but I've had it happen for other items too. Maybe the IT department have all buggered off home !

I always find if I close the window, come out of the QVC website and open a new one when I go back in it clears the message...weird, I know. Often happens after something has 'timed out' that I haven't checked-out. Seems to work, though :thinking:

yes closing QVC and opening it again works for me some of the time but last night I tried to buy the One Time Only Ultra buffet pan and kept getting the contact customer services message, I also tried to buy the Tignenello One time only and same error message. Both then sold out - grrrrrh

Not tried online, but I can confirm it's quite possible to buy loads of things you don't really want using Q cut, under the influence of alcohol and not remember a darned thing about it until the Postman knocks.....

I have stopped using Internet Explorer for that reason, use Firefox now and only occasionally get the CS announcement to ring. Saying that I bought a ring from clearance
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.602098.cm_scid.KeywordSearch
and was told, after the purchase when you usually get the thank you for ordering screen, your order could not be process, please call CS. It was late, phone was downstairs so I did not bother, knowing it must be QVC and not my card. Anyway, imagine my surprise when 3 days later the ring turned up after all. Lovely ring too, so I am pleased
Go figure!

Is it possible to buy anything after midnight online?
I always get the message to contact customer services :-(

I'm always getting the emails alerts message when I search on the web site, which is discussed on the web site broken thread.:sad:

Don't know about you lot, but this sort of thing NEVER happens to me on other sites. Yes, they sometimes crash and are sometimes slow, but this apparent "cookies" problem seems to be a real QVC anomaly. I should not have to close my browser to make an order. Poor, really poor.

... It was late, phone was downstairs so I did not bother, knowing it must be QVC and not my card. Anyway, imagine my surprise when 3 days later the ring turned up after all.
Go figure!

Hmmmm that's a bit worrying isn't it? What would have happened if you'd later called CS and ordered? Would you have ended up with 2?
I wonder if it was this anomaly that was responsble for people being charged twice not so long ago?

Also, if you've ordered off the website, surely they should send an email confirmation that the order was processed. :doh:

It's a well-known fact that all IT depts only come out at night....so that's probably why the websites don't work in the dark hours.

Haven't you noticed that your computers at work are fine at 5.30pm but oddly by 9am the next day, they are totally screwed up and nothing works?

IT hamsters! :taphead:

Hmmmm that's a bit worrying isn't it? What would have happened if you'd later called CS and ordered? Would you have ended up with 2?
I wonder if it was this anomaly that was responsble for people being charged twice not so long ago?

Also, if you've ordered off the website, surely they should send an email confirmation that the order was processed. :doh:

Yep you would have thought so, but: I got no confirmation email, or "we have send you item" email and indeed had forgotten about it. I have since written to CS expressing mi dismay over this and the lack of faith this makes me have in their ordering system.
Will be interesting if I get a stock reply or an individual targeted reply to my question

Last edited:
Don't know about you lot, but this sort of thing NEVER happens to me on other sites. Yes, they sometimes crash and are sometimes slow, but this apparent "cookies" problem seems to be a real QVC anomaly. I should not have to close my browser to make an order. Poor, really poor.

or, as someone else pointed out on the other thread, have to download a different browser just for the sake of qvc!!

it really is appalling. the worst website of its type (shopping) and if you ask CS they just maintain all is well. not even remotely interested in any problem you're having.

It's weird about the browser thing. IE is a pretty rubbish browser and will cope with badly-written code where other browser like firefox won't. To have a site work in firefox and not in IE is unusual!

Still, firefox is a much better browser :happy:

Not tried online, but I can confirm it's quite possible to buy loads of things you don't really want using Q cut, under the influence of alcohol and not remember a darned thing about it until the Postman knocks.....

Amazon One Click ordering is a bugger for that.....

It's certainly resulted in me being sent two of something, but ony being charged for one *wink*

Well all I can say is

"Thank you QVC's technical team, you have saved me money!
In a moment of madness I could have gone clickety-click, but thanks to your sterling efforts it was not to be and the following day, I came to my senses.
♥ Love Min xxxx"

Well all I can say is

"Thank you QVC's technical team, you have saved me money!
In a moment of madness I could have gone clickety-click, but thanks to your sterling efforts it was not to be and the following day, I came to my senses.
♥ Love Min xxxx"

My thoughts exactly was going to treat myself as my OH and daughter have gone to Crufts for all four days, someone has to stay at home with the dogs :-( so I thought while the cats away!! But couldn`t make it work and as the telephone wasn`t anywhere near and I was snug and warm I didn`t bother ....nearly made a big boo boo nearly ordered a dress that I already had....oldtimersdisease !!! How thick is that? only thing it does is prove I must like it!! I just can`t find anything I can afford to buy now thats serious!!

I have to stop looking late at night as I found another ring I really liked, only to find that again I could not order over the internet, liked this one so tried Q cut: only to be told that the item no does not exist

blimey: they really do not make buying easy

Latest posts

Back