Buying Laura Geller a birthday present,

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
I have just been on FB and the group 'Get Geller Gorgeous "are all contributing to a PayPal account to buy LGeller a birthday present for her special birthday. I am gobsmacked. They have got her a gold links of London charm bracelet with 2charms, one signifying London +the other New York. I can't quite believe it. It's like all these women think they are personal best friends of LG. I find it quite staggering.

Oh they get on my pip. The leader of that group goes on other groups to have a moan about QVC or its presenters and openly admits she won`t do it on her own group because she has presenters and LG reading it. Talk about double standards !
The more I see or hear about the QVC diehards on these groups then the more i think they have a screw loose.

I thought one of the admins of the group is famous for banning members looking sideways when the rest of the group are looking straight on.:mysmilie_17:

She of the This just arrived on my desk blogger bestie of Flinty

The leader of the group is areal sycophants of all things QVC. If you dare have a moan she really has a go at you. I just think these women are so dim though, actually buying LG a present. Do they really think they are all personal buddies of hers just because they are on a groupie page. They are idiots.

I thought this thread was going to be about buying some LG as a present for someone! I agree with WTF, but if there is a good side I suppose at least Laura is one of the nicest presenters. Imagine clubbing together for a present for that condescending old bat Kelly Hoppen!

I met Laura a few years ago when I visited her then studio in New York and she was very friendly just as she appears on Q.To buy her a present of such value is ridiculous and probably embarrassing for her, a nice card is if anything all that is necessary.It always amuses me when some reviews on Q are so grovelling thanking whoever for bringing their products to QVC.They are taking your money it’s a business they are delighted to be there!

I've heard of GGG, and can only imagine the butt kissing that goes on there, as for buying LG and expensive gift for making her a millionaire. anyone would think LG gives them the products for free, never in all my days have I ever heard anything so pathetic. All the other people they pay for goods and services are going to be so jealous now. :mysmilie_17:

I have just been on FB and the group 'Get Geller Gorgeous "are all contributing to a PayPal account to buy LGeller a birthday present for her special birthday. I am gobsmacked. They have got her a gold links of London charm bracelet with 2charms, one signifying London +the other New York. I can't quite believe it. It's like all these women think they are personal best friends of LG. I find it quite staggering.

Buying from LoL or from QVC?

The thing is Laura only is the face of the company like Bobbi Brown when she sold to Estee Lauder. Laura sold the majority of the company to some hedge fund, the place in NYC closed down and that is why LG is more widely available in say Debenhams and online now in the UK. Good for her able to not have to do it all now.

Now I am sure Laura is a lovely woman but why the hell buy a very expensive present for a woman who is not a family member or a lifelong real-life friend? It comes across as oh we can do better than other fan clubs upmanship

To quote John McEnroe: "You cannot be serious" & to quote my much missed mum: "More money than sense".

This reminds me of those people who send new baby or wedding gifts to the Royals - at least those gifts go to charity or other deserving organisations, though. I should imagine Laura G will be quite embarrassed to receive this bracelet because she won't know whether to wear it to please the groupies or keep quiet. If she makes a big thing of it and has pictures of it or of her wearing it on social media, I will think less of her because that's like saying "Look what a group of my fans bought me - can anyone outdo it?" .... even if I'm sure that wouldn't be her intention.

Perhaps they're hoping she'll fly them all over to NYC to her big birthday bash! Yeah, right. Honestly, a donation to the charitable cause of her choice would have been a nicer idea if you really feel you want to do something. LoL is highly overrated IMO.

Oh I have had a right sagging off on FB for being a'mole' and starting this thread off on here. It's made my day! That Get Geller Gorgeous site really is a hoot!!!

I'd love to read it but don't do Facebook, not joining for a bunch of GGGs (Gruesome Geller Gals). Anyway, please don't worry about it, the idea is ridiculous that's why they've probably gone on the defensive, so if they ban you or give you a hard time over it, then you hit a raw nerve :mysmilie_3:

Ps......while you're there can you tell them from me, it is a powder, it does transfer, it does smell and most certainly doesn't "colour adapt" well, I'm sure it works for some as it's quite popular but whenever I've bought it in the past, it has never worked, just coloured talc for me with no coverage. Second thoughts don't, sounds like they'll shoot the messenger. :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back