British Brands Abroad

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
Hello,

How about this for 'bizzarness', I was looking at the different brands that QVC US sell to see which 'home-grown' (British Brands), have gone to the US, Elemis is popular over there, Clarks, Lulu Guiness, fine they are all good quality brands that are now Global, but the one 'shocker' (and I mean real shocker), was under the food, there was none other than 'The Real Pie Company', I had to do a 'second-take', if you have five minutes to spare, watch the presentation, talk about a 'rabbit in headlights'. Also how can they be 'on the plate' in 24 hours!

I guess bog standard pies are ever so exotic in yankee doodle land. Flogging apple pie to Uncle Sam is a bit like coal to Newcastle... Fools and their money...

The Americans can have a rather rose tinted view of British stuff, so I suppose the pie might fit in with that. The applies grown in our own country orchard, our chickens have no chemical baths.

Read the QVC forum on their own site, loads and I loads seem to be raving over Elemis. Dropping Dr.Denese etc and saying they are getting great results form Elemis. I have to say as someone who does use Elemis, I was rather surprised.

Savoury pies are not 'a thing' in the USA. They only do dessert pies - apple, blueberry, cherry, pumpkin, pecan (my own personal favourite), and the like. You'll never find steak and kidney or cheese and onion pie on an American menu. So maybe they find our pies 'exotic' or a bit special?

They have weird eating habits over there anyway - I'll never forget my first trip to the States, recoiling in horror when I saw a man loading up his huge plate of cooked breakfast, gleefully piling [what amounted to] strawberry jam all over his bacon, whilst uttering the words 'Mmmm, Preserves!'.
What we call scones, they call biscuits - they eat them for breakfast, slathered, in chicken gravy.

There are no demo's of L'Occitane on the US site so I'm assuming some brands are only available to order on line. The Irish woman who sometimes presents instead of Keely was doing the Elemis demo. I wonder why Decleor haven't launched over there?

Savoury pies are not 'a thing' in the USA. They only do dessert pies - apple, blueberry, cherry, pumpkin, pecan (my own personal favourite), and the like. You'll never find steak and kidney or cheese and onion pie on an American menu. So maybe they find our pies 'exotic' or a bit special?

They have weird eating habits over there anyway - I'll never forget my first trip to the States, recoiling in horror when I saw a man loading up his huge plate of cooked breakfast, gleefully piling [what amounted to] strawberry jam all over his bacon, whilst uttering the words 'Mmmm, Preserves!'.
What we call scones, they call biscuits - they eat them for breakfast, slathered, in chicken gravy.

Strangely enough it was the 'fruit pies' that were on sale, I mean I don't honestly think that American's need to be taught by the British how to make an Apple Pie surely, they are I believe a speciality over there!

Latest posts

Back