Breast Cancer Care Event?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bcc night dumped????

Just had this from QVC after I contacted them following the recent thread:

Thank you for contacting QVC UK.

At the moment we do not know if we will be having a BCC night or what date
this will be, you can keep check on this on our webpage.

If we can provide any other assistance, please do not hesitate to contact
QVC UK.

Thank you for e-Mailing QVC UK.

Regards,

Natalie.
QVC UK Webmaster Team.

Sounds ominous MGS, probably have not much to sell after us lot on the Forum have our pickings.........:D

And it's not televised other than trough QVC is it??

Just had this from QVC after I contacted them following the recent thread:

Thank you for contacting QVC UK.

At the moment we do not know if we will be having a BCC night or what date
this will be, you can keep check on this on our webpage.

If we can provide any other assistance, please do not hesitate to contact
QVC UK.

Thank you for e-Mailing QVC UK.

Regards,

Natalie.
QVC UK Webmaster Team.

seems it must have been dumped cos i'm sure the night takes weeks of preparation.

I would take that as a NO, as Mrs James says it would take weeks if not months of preparation. Can't think they would be so cagey if they were having BCC night.

Expect it will be quietly dropped like MOP, MB etc.....

Be Aware, Show You Care (Unless you're QVC that is)

Quite frankly I think that a company that has the facility to dedicate just three hours of air time a year to give support and publicity to a concern that has affected many us, myself incuded (and it will continue to affect many people in the years to come), should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves if they now choose not to do so, whatever the reason.

Ok, so it costs them to do it, but surely a little bit of giving back from all the profit they make is worth it. It would seem that this year QVC are joining in with all the glitz, glamour and kudos of the fashion show but don't give a stuff about sharing a bit of generosity and raising funds from the people that keep them on the air. I suppose all the signs of the declining enthusiasm were there last year really but to cancel it altogether is shameful.:mad:

The person who told me it had been dumped is a guest presenter.
So I guess it must be true !

Quite frankly I think that a company that has the facility to dedicate just three hours of air time a year to give support and publicity to a concern that has affected many us, myself incuded (and it will continue to affect many people in the years to come), should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves if they now choose not to do so, whatever the reason.

Ok, so it costs them to do it, but surely a little bit of giving back from all the profit they make is worth it. It would seem that this year QVC are joining in with all the glitz, glamour and kudos of the fashion show but don't give a stuff about sharing a bit of generosity and raising funds from the people that keep them on the air. I suppose all the signs of the declining enthusiasm were there last year really but to cancel it altogether is shameful.:mad:

Well said....I wonder if Qvcus has a similar event? maybe it was a decision made from over there? would doubt as the us are really hot on "social responsibility" now, but maybe?

I'm sad they've stopped it. It was frustrating not being able to get through on the night and also the amounts of stock available are so small that it's almost impossible to get what you want (unless you're In The Know Beforehand ;)). If the format has become a bit lacklustre, there are so many other ways they could continue to support BCC, e.g:

Have a special BCC evening with information/short films/special guests etc and say that for every item viewers buy in those hours, QVC will match the price of the p+p charged in a donation to BCC

Have an open donation line going and for every £1000 donated by viewers, QVC will match it (or give a percentage, whatever)

Have some special QVC items, e.g. pink gemstone jewellery, pink clothes, pink Easi Yo or whatever and say that the price charged will not go to QVC but to BCC. ie they give the money, not their suppliers

etc etc

I'm sad they've stopped it. It was frustrating not being able to get through on the night and also the amounts of stock available are so small that it's almost impossible to get what you want (unless you're In The Know Beforehand ;)). If the format has become a bit lacklustre, there are so many other ways they could continue to support BCC, e.g:

Have a special BCC evening with information/short films/special guests etc and say that for every item viewers buy in those hours, QVC will match the price of the p+p charged in a donation to BCC

Have an open donation line going and for every £1000 donated by viewers, QVC will match it (or give a percentage, whatever)

Have some special QVC items, e.g. pink gemstone jewellery, pink clothes, pink Easi Yo or whatever and say that the price charged will not go to QVC but to BCC. ie they give the money, not their suppliers

etc etc

I seem to recall that they sold special t-shirt at one point.

I'm gutted if this is the case we had so much fun on here last year.
Ok a lot of the items are pretty rubbish really but it's all about supporting BCC and having fun in doing it.

What I don't understand is how can they not know, as has been said they have to plan months in advance I'd have thought, if they can't get the larger brands to donate then they have more than enough of their own brands, it's about giving just a bit back IMO to such a worth while charity! just a simple yes or know would be ok QVC it's not that difficult is it :rolleyes:

I can guarantee that the Suppliers on QVC would Donate for BCC Night.

There is some other underlying reason why QVC are not doing this Show, If it proves to be the case that they are not.

Hi,

I guess it must cost them quite a bit of money to put on.

Its 3 hours prime time when they don;t get any revenue.

And I would gess they have to hire the live camera crew for the Event itself.

But its awfully good PR for them tho.

I really enjoy the event - even tho I've rarely managed to buy anything!

Cheers,
Karen

Latest posts

Back