Brands that you think should or shouldn't be on Q

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't understand the hype about Mac, I've tried bits of it at the counter, it's nothing special, and it's mostly young girls clamouring around the counter on a Saturday.
Estee Lauder itself has much better make up.

I'd like to see the return of scentsational you hours with James Craven, not to buy perfume off the tv, but to hear him talk about them all. Though that would not make me a good Q customer would it :wink:

I don't understand the hype about Mac, I've tried bits of it at the counter, it's nothing special, and it's mostly young girls clamouring around the counter on a Saturday.
Estee Lauder itself has much better make up.

I'd like to see the return of scentsational you hours with James Craven, not to buy perfume off the tv, but to hear him talk about them all. Though that would not make me a good Q customer would it :wink:

I had someone a while back who complimented me on my lipstick and asked it it was a certain shade by Mac. It wasn't. I'm not sure who felt more foolish, her or me, when I told it was a slick of vaseline lol.

I'd like to seem them do certified cruelty free brands like Neal's Yard, Sparitual, Balm Balm - will never happen, as it would highlight that almost every beauty brand they currently sell is not certified cruelty free.

Is it true Liz Earle is now owned by L'oreal????? If so glad I don't buy it after I saw the pictures after they do their testing.

Liz Earl is now owned by Avon, also know for animal testing.

How about Duchy Originals (sp?) and have Prince Charles on flogging his shortcake rounds :mysmilie_19:...it worked for his sister in law who sold stuff on QVC USA, he could ask her for tips :mysmilie_15:

Please not Alan Titchmarsh - really can't be doing with him, much prefer the Gnome. Why not have the guests do more of the Garden presenting like Michael Perry and Rupert. David Ponton is also very entertaining. We don't need Dyson on every other week either.

CC

Liz Earle is now owned by Walgreen/Boots. They bought it about a year ago from Avon. Walgreens is a US company that own Boots now.

MAC used to be a great brand, the Estee Lauder bought them. I remember reading on blogs that many makeup artists refused to use it as the quality is so bad now. Those that do get paid to use and promote the brand. I still like some of their lipsticks but that is about it.

Again with ChinaGirl, James Craven is wonderful

At the risk of sounding like a broken record; I would love them to bring back Aveda.

It would be nice to get some more variety. It's gardening, electricals, beauty, eek and "fashion". All too often it's RJ's products for the gardening, Dyson electricals, waaay too much Elemis, cheaper and cheaper brands (not prices) for the jewellery, and the same old suspects on the "fashion" rails.

I used to enjoy the craft. Lovely Anna Griffin, Tim Holtz, Stephanie Weightman amongst others with good quality products. If they'd given it more breadth (not just cards and albums) it might have been viable, but they got more and more half-hearted about it. The health part of health and beauty also seems to have fallen by the wayside. I used to like the zumba presentations with Matthew from Strictly Come Dancing, then the dance dvds with Favia and Vincent.

They also haven't replaced any of their lighting offerings. They used to have tiffany (not my cup of tea, personally) lamps, and crafting and reading lights.

I was also disappointed when Florian from L'Artisan Parfumeur stopped appearing... they seem to have dialled right back on offering a range of perfume choices now. We used to get lots of different ones.

It would be nice to get some more variety. It's gardening, electricals, beauty, eek and "fashion". All too often it's RJ's products for the gardening, Dyson electricals, waaay too much Elemis, cheaper and cheaper brands (not prices) for the jewellery, and the same old suspects on the "fashion" rails.

I used to enjoy the craft. Lovely Anna Griffin, Tim Holtz, Stephanie Weightman amongst others with good quality products. If they'd given it more breadth (not just cards and albums) it might have been viable, but they got more and more half-hearted about it. The health part of health and beauty also seems to have fallen by the wayside. I used to like the zumba presentations with Matthew from Strictly Come Dancing, then the dance dvds with Favia and Vincent.

They also haven't replaced any of their lighting offerings. They used to have tiffany (not my cup of tea, personally) lamps, and crafting and reading lights.

I was also disappointed when Florian from L'Artisan Parfumeur stopped appearing... they seem to have dialled right back on offering a range of perfume choices now. We used to get lots of different ones.

L'Artisan Parfumeur and Penhaligon was bought by Puig last year. They have repackaged the L'Artisan's for one now in dark smoked glass. Both brands have been in TKMaxx since last Autumn at least 70% less than what QVC are still showing online.

Trying to talk perfume houses into selling on a shopping channel especially when you are allowed to return if you don't like is going to be very hard. The way it should and could work is to send sample out with full bottle, you use sample and if you don't like return unopened full bottle

Perhaps if they did small packs of all beauty brands, even mixed, for a NOMINAL sum which could be on no return or a slightly higher price but if you buy the full price one you get a good proportion of the sample price credited even I might take a punt!

In the short term make no money but in the longer term maybe get far more customers because contrary to what Q think not every customer is there for the beauty products only.

Latest posts

Back