Bobbi Brown Bobbi's Make Up Bag OTO

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I won a John Lewis shopping experience and got a 'goody bag' with lots of BB and Decleor trial sizes. I didn't get a shimmer brick but I have one of those anyway and it's way too glittery for me so it's in the back of the drawer. It had loads more in it than that and it was complimentary.

I love a shimmer brick - but it took me a long time to get used to it!!! I wonder when this is on...I'd go for it if it was on easypay!

Debenhams sometimes do a 15% off makeup (rather than the usual 10%) & without p&p . Don't know which bag this is, but it's worth looking at Debenhams at the time of oto.

I won a John Lewis shopping experience and got a 'goody bag' with lots of BB and Decleor trial sizes. I didn't get a shimmer brick but I have one of those anyway and it's way too glittery for me so it's in the back of the drawer. It had loads more in it than that and it was complimentary.

I have one of those shimmer bricks too (not bought from QVC )so I will not be buying.........it is good value when individually priced.

I used to use the shimmer brick but went off it. I had one in Rose, Beach and the Pink Quartz. The shimmer/glitter really varies according to what shade it is. The Pink Quartz was by far the most subtle followed by the rose (the best one I think) but the Beach one-a limited edition very close to the Bronze- was by far the most glittery and I looked like I had been tangoed with VERY shiny cheeks even with only a little applied. It went in the bin.

Debenhams only do the 15% online, I know loads asked the last time it happened on Facebook. Get a Beauty club card all cosmetics are free shipping from them. But be warned their website is crap and if busy you could take 3 days to get an item paid for. Oh bit of gossip, Debenhams are doing very very very badly, hence all the events and sales with money off. Come on you must have noticed one every month, sometimes two.

Not a fan of the old Shimmerbrick, I did buy a few in the early days and used as eyeshadows(not good pigment pay off though) and a highlighter which is what they actually are. So many end up looking like the tin man because they use it as a blusher etc. AY uses so much she is glowing in the dark.

I think I have the rose shimmer brick...must dig it out and flog it on ebay. (used BB sells well but anything claiming to be new BB might well be fake on ebay).

I've bought a few BB items over the years but come to the conclusion its over priced, over rated and over hyped, as just about everying I've bought either ended up in the bin, or languishing in a cupboard - super sticky lipglosses that stick to your hair, lipsticks that had no wearing power at all and ended up smeared all over every cup or glass that went near to my lips, shimmer bricks that just gave the tin man effect that you so often hear mentioned in relation to Alison Young, and gel liners that claimed to be green/purple/navy but in actual fact all looked black on me.

Bobbi Brown was a great brand until Estee Lauder bought them. Then the quality etc went down big time. I have a few makeup brushes and even eyeshadows from before the buy out all great.

Agree, the gel liners all look black based.

Latest posts

Back